2016 Line Up Poster

wozwebs

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LINE UP SO HOT HOT DAMN!

Seriously, I went to bed last night so worried about the line-up, I thought it'd be a shit year. I got into work, I can't view social media or images on our computers, so I had to go entirely by the text in headlines. It all looked woeful, all Ellie Goulding and Years & Years. Then my eye sees The Guardian, LCD Soundsystem! My spirits lift, I can hardly sit still, so happy. I go onto their website, and praise be to the almighty, those lads have got a text line-up! It starts to get better, so many great bands, some I never thought would show up; Kamasi Washington! Sigur Ros! Explosions In The Sky! Beck! Cyndi Lauper! Floating Points! Greogry Porter! The Syrian National Orchestra! Santigold! Ronnie Spector! Vince Staples! Add that to killers we already knew like Art Garfunkel, Grimes, and Earth Wind & Fire, and it's a fucking belting line-up. Streets ahead of anything else in the UK this year for me. I'm sad there's no King Kendrick, and I did get a bit caught up in the Radiohead hype, and I still hope Anderson .Paak will be announced, but I'm really over the moon with this one.

While there's not a single act on the poster that really excites me, there's so much more to come, and Glastonbury for me is all about discovering new music. Plus there's a lot on the poster that I've never heard of or listened to, so the discovery starts now.

It will be awesome regardless of the line-up, unless we have storms of biblical proportions - but we won't, sunshine all the way (I promise!)

anybody remember when they added the written list of acts to the lineup page last year? i remember it being a pretty good indicator of who was playing where and gave us a basic understanding of the ordering of acts

EDIT: oh wait shit it's up now, and is just the ordering of the poster. damn

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, FloorFiller said:

anybody remember when they added the written list of acts to the lineup page last year? i remember it being a pretty good indicator of who was playing where and gave us a basic understanding of the ordering of acts

I think that just came in the news article with the first poster last year. There's a written list in the news article on the website for this year too but I think it's just listed in poster order.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I think that just came in the news article with the first poster last year. There's a written list in the news article on the website for this year too but I think it's just listed in poster order.

been staring at it for a while trying to make sense of it as some of it isn't quite in the order it's written on the poster, but nope, no clues here...

The more I've let it all sink in today, the more I'm TOTALLY THRILLED by this lineup. I think part of the problem is just how good efests is at predicting everything these days - a lot of the acts have been talked about for months, so there wasn't the element of surprise. If I hadn't been paying any attention to the rumours however, and had been faced with today's poster completely ignorant, I'd have been blown away...

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM! UNDERWORLD! SIGUR ROS! BECK! FOALS! ZZ TOP! ART GARFUNKEL! NEW ORDER! EARTH, WIND & FIRE! BAT FOR LASHES! (I could go on...)

I'm now doing my own head in thinking about all the possible clashes (particularly LCD vs. Underworld). Aaargh.

Edited by LeeGalvin

Been quite busy all day since the announcement and just really had time to take it in, it's fantastic isn't it, what a variety, that's what Glastonbury really is all about, whether you like all of it or not, there's no doubting that there isn't any other festival which could offer that variety 

I would definitely watch all of; 

Foals, Beck, ELO, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, Earth Wind and Fire, Sigur Ros, Floating Points, Laura Mvula, Carl Cox, Kamasi Washington, Cyndi Lauper, Explosions in the Sky, James Blake, Chvrches, M83, Ezra Furman, Kurt Vile, Gregory Porter, Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Mac de Marco

I had high hopes of getting 5/6 acts on the original poster that I'd love to see across the weekend, this has blown expectations out of the water, im going to have to make some big decisions, narrow it down to 7/8 must sees and let flow the rest of them, it's just fantastic stuff. The newbies in my group are besides themselves win excitement 

3 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

The more I've let it all sink in today, the more I'm TOTALLY THRILLED by this lineup. I think part of the problem is just how good efests is at predicting everything these days - a lot of the acts have been talked about for months, so there wasn't the element of surprise. If I hadn't been paying any attention to the rumours however, and had been faced with today's poster completely ignorant, I'd have been blown away...

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM! UNDERWORLD! SIGUR ROS! BECK! FOALS! ZZ TOP! ART GARFUNKEL! NEW ORDER! EARTH, WIND & FIRE! BAT FOR LASHES! (I could go on...)

I'm now doing my own head in thinking about all the possible clashes (particularly LCD vs. Underworld). Aaargh.

yeah there's nothing on there that i was totally surprised by in a 'whoa where the fuck did they come from!?' kind of way, although Sigur Ros being there just after we'd seemingly ruled them out was a lovely surprise

2 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Has it occurred to anyone how small Bring Me The Horizon are on the poster for an Other Stage headliner?

yep it does seem odd and i'm inclined to think they're not a Other headliner but instead are subbing it - all the other big hitters are there in the centre so it's odd that they wouldn't be included, unless it was purely an artistic choice

Hmmm..I think it's my age, Yes some big names, no interest in any of the headliners, think the last headliners I saw was Neil Young, and Springsteen, oh and about 15 mins of the Who last year, which was more than enough. Looking forward to ELO, ZZ Top, Guy Garvy. Don't understand booking the likes of Art Garfunkel, he's so boring. There is a lot of the line up I have never heard off, so You Tube comes in handy to check these out. Even though I don't rate this Line up, I will still enjoy my time there, lots of other stages to keep me occupied, and who knows I may even venture out and explore the other stuff going on, but don't count on that

5 minutes ago, chimmer said:

see last years poster Re: Chemical Brothers

yeah but all the Other headliners were in small writing to the left of the poster last year, whereas this year LCD Soundsystem and New Order are both in the middle in big letters whereas Bring Me The Horizon are shoved to the side in small type

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah but all the Other headliners were in small writing to the left of the poster last year, whereas this year LCD Soundsystem and New Order are both in the middle in big letters whereas Bring Me The Horizon are shoved to the side in small type

They had Massive Attack and Skrillex in the middle and Jake Bugg hidden away at the side in 2014 tbf, which seems even more strange in hindsight given Pixies were in the middle too and they were before Bugg. I still reckon BMTH will end up headlining Other.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They had Massive Attack and Skrillex in the middle and Jake Bugg hidden away at the side in 2014 tbf, which seems even more strange in hindsight given Pixies were in the middle too and they were before Bugg. I still reckon BMTH will end up headlining Other.

damn well there goes my theory, although there was that whole Prince headlining with Metallica doing Other debacle that year. they'll probably be headlining though, yeah

With the number of festivals, and the frequency that acts seem to tour these days - if you're a keen music fan (which we all are on here), then it's very difficult for a festival to book a fresh and exciting lineup. 

This year, it's clear that Glastonbury have managed this (Pyramid headliners aside).  

10 hours ago, MikeJ86 said:

To the people that are disappointed, what on earth were you expecting?

This poster is such a good spread of bands, something for everybody. 

Agreed.  I mean, just imagine the hell your festival would be if you wanted to see EVERYTHING on the poster?