Adele

mumzilla

I thought she nailed it, the intro with Hello was a proper moment. My missus was in tears bless her.

Chaos afterwards though - we got absolutely drained by the sticky mud and had to take a break by the Chameleon bar, but ended up spending nearly an hour sat on a bench helping pull people through a really muddy patch. 'Free banister service!' :lol:

One poor girl completely lost her welly in the mud which was then proper trampled in by others. Managed to help her get it out by stopping traffic and searching with phone torch. 

Strange way to spend a Saturday night!

14 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Yes this was exactly our experience too - it was a set that everyone could enjoy held up with some great patter, charm and singing. We had to cower next to the sounddesk for a while at the end though as otherwise the 12 year old would have got crushed. 

I saw it coming and made the mission with my 9 & 12 year olds from the right hand tower towards the side/Mandela during the very start of someone like you, we made it pretty much to green wall & then it finished & the crush began. It took another 45 mins of guarding little people from anyonr barging by & helping the littlest one every time she was stuck in the mud. Total nightmare, but worth it 

The plan was to catch 30 mins or so of Adele and then head off.  We stood near the back of the field for a quick getaway.  Then the first chords of hello started, the "eyes opened" (what a simple but great impact moment) and we realised that we weren't going anywhere.  It was one of those sets where the audience and artist seemed as one and the crowd were as much of the show as Adele was.

We then went and saw the other best set of the weekend - Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs.   It's all Yellow!

She absolutely nailed it. I thought it was noticeable that she has sold millions of albums because the crowd were singing along to the album tracks as well as her huge singles.

Couldn't help but feel a bit emotional during her set and at her response of the crowd. Wonderful stuff. 

14 hours ago, themuel said:

Did anyone hear if the person who had to be taken away was alright? Never known them to stop a set to do an announcement like that before so assumed it must've been pretty serious. 

Yep, my cousin was working the festival as a medic and said it was a girl who had fainted and she was completely fine :)

plan was to stay for first 4 songs or so, then head over to New Order. but she kept me there for longer, and i'm in no way a fan or even know much of her stuff. quite a spectacle and i'm glad she did well. horrible getting out of there though to the right and ended up in a massive crush and only saw last 3 or 4 of New Order. Hats off to Adele though. as someone said earlier one of those artists you'd never spend money on to see yourself, but when she gets thrown into the big package that is glastonbury it was a great opportunity to see your one and only Adele gig.

As soon as Hello kicked in, that was the Glasto moment. It made me laugh a guy walking past a while later randomly just saying, Adele....how fucking good was she!

The banterbwas superb....that was the difference between booking a class act for the Saturday night and a utter cock!

I get a bit teary just thinking about it, she was brilliant. Her voice in person just blew me away. The crowd was fantastic, everyone around just singing their hearts out!

Plus I just wish she was my mate.

I did nearly get trampled on getting out as people were getting stuck which was a bit of a dampener on what was such an amazing evening though. 

I saw her back in December and she changed her set up quite a bit to include more upbeat songs for Glasto. Literally from the first "Hello" we were all in bits, crying, smiling, clutching the air like a Weatlife key change! She nailed it. Perfect  evening. We stuck around the stage for a while then headed to The Wood. 

I now have a new girl crush. 

Everyone talking about Hello as "the moment" of the performance....

Did no one else get goose bumps during Hometown Glory over the line "shows that we are united", so topical and eerie to hear.

Not a fan at all, went on the pledge with a mate that we'd go to Adele inappropriately drugged up and have a sing along.

Absolutely loved it.

I'm smiling reading these reviews... Not because I'm a secret Adele super fan but because it show's how uniting good music can be... Taking all walks and all folks to a place where we all felt included in a moment in time.

After seeing her at the O2 I knew it was possible and I'm thrilled to bits everyone had a ball

Edited by Peroni

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i've only just realised she didn't play Chasing Pavements. what the hell!? i thought i'd just forgotten it in my drunken state. doesn't take anything away from the set, but seems an odd omission 

All I ask was due too but I imagine the health issue for someone probably cut a song out. Not pissed with that missing though.

I put this on another thread...

I think on reflection I should have given her a go. I was a bit fucked and I might have left as it wasn't uplifting enough for me, but I probably should have gone, rather than just going to the SE corner early.

It is probably the only time I will get the chance to see her.

Looked decent when Ive seen it back.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think on reflection I should have given her a go. I was a bit fucked and I might have left as it wasn't uplifting enough for me, but I probably should have gone, rather than just going to the SE corner early.

It is probably the only time I will get the chance to see her.

Looked decent when Ive seen it back.

though the songs may be on the mellower side, the thousands of people belting them out at the top of their lungs made it a very uplifting experience. the choruses to all her songs are just so huge!

31 minutes ago, wilem said:

Everyone talking about Hello as "the moment" of the performance....

Did no one else get goose bumps during Hometown Glory over the line "shows that we are united", so topical and eerie to hear.

Not a fan at all, went on the pledge with a mate that we'd go to Adele inappropriately drugged up and have a sing along.

Absolutely loved it.

Im missed "Hometown Glory" because some girl close to us fainted and we tried to get the security's attention. A bit gutted but there were more important things to do that moment. Loved how the video was a flyover of Glasto though. Beautiful message, she really loves the festival. 

Edited by rzwodezwo

On 23/03/2016 at 11:26 AM, Wooderson said:

While since a new headliner had such connection with/first hand experience of the fest as a punter. Be great to hear her stories of the place from the stage that night, more of her experience at the fest, what her fave shows have been, does she wonder why theres a link between a local rugby club and Mexican food, has she camped down by Oxylers and said "never again" etc.

;)

And lo it came to pass....