Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I hear good things about this place.

Where is it?

Last year it was in the area between the cider bus and the bandstand. They are really good - I found them to be a great hangover cure as their food is so filling and cheesy.

There were a few good places in that area last year, there was an Indian food place called Joho Soho or something which I particularly enjoyed.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Have the rugby lads (and ladies) confirmed their attendance yet. Burrito bar near the cider bus?

I'll probably be playing tor before the end of the season so will ask. 

Pretty sure they get a fee free spot every year... Their rugby club house is evidence of this!!

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

There was a horror of a rumour circling on here that Yam the Cassava won't be returning. Confirmation either way would be much appreciated

Yam the Cassava = The Radiohead of food stalls

i think they have basically been denied their pitch as they are too big now. They have a fair number of restaurants and cafe's across the UK and their pies are in waitrose etc etc....

No doubt they helped their growth through their festival stalls, hell I loved them! but I think Glasto decided it was time for the little man to have a go instead.

You wouldnt expect to see pizza express etc at the festival and whilst its nowhere near as big a brand as that you could argue its in the same direction. they don't need the money or the exposure any more

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

i think they have basically been denied their pitch as they are too big now. They have a fair number of restaurants and cafe's across the UK and their pies are in waitrose etc etc....

No doubt they helped their growth through their festival stalls, hell I loved them! but I think Glasto decided it was time for the little man to have a go instead.

You wouldnt expect to see pizza express etc at the festival and whilst its nowhere near as big a brand as that you could argue its in the same direction. they don't need the money or the exposure any more

Agreed.  Besides, cliché as it is, they're not as good as they used to be.  The newer varieties are more pedestrian and even old favourites like Matador and Heidi pie seem to have more mainstream, less interesting recipes. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Agreed.  Besides, cliché as it is, they're not as good as they used to be.  The newer varieties are more pedestrian and even old favourites like Matador and Heidi pie seem to have more mainstream, less interesting recipes. 

Devoid of line-up news we're now having to resort to food blogging.

Come on Eavii!!!

32 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

That's fair, didn't realise they'd become so big! Perhaps it's time to branch out and try some new pies...