slash's hat

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I heard that JD Honey was quite the tipple...very drinkable and gets a party started, no?

I have heard that some people are able to drink responsibly. For others I have seen it not exactly get the party started, more get the drunken mess sleeping on a hay bale started.

Looking forward to meeting you at the efestivals meet

2 hours ago, SallyFaulknerStantonWarrio said:

I have heard that some people are able to drink responsibly. For others I have seen it not exactly get the party started, more get the drunken mess sleeping on a hay bale started.

Looking forward to meeting you at the efestivals meet

I hope you're going to bring your friend. He/she sounds like lots of fun :)

I'm settled on cello flavours this year... 

Limoncello

Orangecello

Rhubarbcello

and new for 2017... Strawberrycello. 

I don't need to start making them for another 5 weeks or so but I'm feeling keen to get started!!

6 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I'm settled on cello flavours this year... 

Limoncello

Orangecello

Rhubarbcello

and new for 2017... Strawberrycello. 

I don't need to start making them for another 5 weeks or so but I'm feeling keen to get started!!

I've got some cellos that we brought back from Rome, watermelon one is beautiful.

2 hours ago, slash's hat said:

I've got some cellos that we brought back from Rome, watermelon one is beautiful.

Ooooh I hadn't even thought of doing watermelon!! Hmmm... this could change things up a bit...

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

How long did you leave the jellybean gin? We talking months or a few weeks?

I did 3-4 weeks but that is because I forgot about it. I'm pretty sure all the flavour was in it after a week max. 

Edit: It's drinkable straight, so just make it to taste and then if you like it after 3, 4, 7, 14 days - then you  know how long for to brew it for.

Edited by Slavivlad

25 minutes ago, OneLittleFish said:

The Parma violet gin is a revelation. The kiwi, passion fruit and lime rum is a little tart so sweetening it just now.

How do you do the parma violet gin please dude?

my pineapple gin is brewing nicely. So tempted to take the top off and try it, but I'm holding off! Glad it's at my folks, only tempted once a week this way. Me da is shaking the bottle everyday, he's loving this project

On 4/11/2017 at 6:20 PM, Perks said:

How do you do the parma violet gin please dude?

my pineapple gin is brewing nicely. So tempted to take the top off and try it, but I'm holding off! Glad it's at my folks, only tempted once a week this way. Me da is shaking the bottle everyday, he's loving this project

Nowt fancy, just half decent gin and crushed parma violets to taste and left for 3-4 weeks. The flavours just seem to go very well.

On 11/04/2017 at 2:24 AM, Brumbot said:

My girlfriend is trialing Werther's & Vodka and Lemon & Sherbet & Vodka for a festival this weekend. I will report back on successes/failures. 

I did a Werthers one last time. Was very good, but not as good as Rhubarb and Custard. Without doubt the best one I've done! 

2 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

Nowt fancy, just half decent gin and crushed parma violets to taste and left for 3-4 weeks. The flavours just seem to go very well.

Cheers, gonna give it a go.

Good evening people. I've read a few differing opinions on how long to leave raspberries infusing in gin. Some say 3 weeks some say longer. I'm excited and want to start it this weekend - with 10 weeks til Glasto, is that too much? Will it ruin it? Or will it enhance it? Taaaa  x

On 4/8/2017 at 3:01 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

From recipes I'm following, most seen to be three to five weeks. A couple are less than a week but they tend to be herb or spice ones. Pineapple is three months ish. 

At a guess if you cut or mashed the plums Id say a few weeks should be fine as the insides are soft. 

Disclaimer: I've never done this before so no idea how my pineapple 

Gin will taste yet. :

3 months!  Crikey, just started my Gin&pineapple last night.  I may have to run the lot through a nutri-bullet nearer the festival and just keep the lot.

Does anyone not filter their concoctions before consumption?  Previous years when I've added things like limes I've just left them in, nice to have some highly bitter / highly alcoholic fruit to chew on when you get near the bottom.  I'm usually concerned about wasting precious booze that's been soaked up by whatever I'm infusing it in too.

This year I've stuck a load of ginger in two of my concoctions - one I'll then mix with limes, the other honey.  I'll probably take the ginger out first, but does anyone else have any ingredients that they don't bother filtering?