alcohol infusions

slash's hat

Tried my raspberry vodka for the first time today - abdolutely and utterly perfect! Had a feeling it was gonna go to shit as I'd never done it before! 

As for decanting, Sports Direct have some excellent sturdy Karrimor plastic bottles, litre and less, for only a few quid. Highly recommend! 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2017-6-16 at 2:36 PM, big__phil said:

Final update before I decant over the weekend:

Banana bourbon - a relative success, but this is definitely a hip-flask punishment drink

Strawberry bon bon vodka - bloody lovely. Very very sweet, with a thick creamy head. Could happily sip it straight.

Parma violet vodka - not great. Didn't use enough sweets, so not enough to take away from the vodka. Put more in the other night, but not sure how it'll turn out. Suggestions on how to drink this would be very welcome.

Raspberry vodka - decent, but needed more sugar. Should turn out nicely.

Blueberry gin - GET IN MY MOUTH! The best of the lot. Delicious.

Apple pie bourbon - another for the hip flask I think.

How have all yours gone?

All my spirits ( Christmas pudding whisky, gingerbread vodka, fragolino and sloe gin) have gone well. I'm not 100% sure about the vanilla mead I've made. Only had a few sips, but seemed to be lacking. Added a little extra honey and vanilla extract to try and give it a boost. My favourite, though, is definitely the hedgerow port. I could happily drink nothing else all week :)