Guns n Roses?

gerardfenton18

Nah,

Even if the fourth-hand rumours in that article are true, even if they patch up all their differences, even if they record new material, even if they decide to tour again, and even if they can get Axl to go onstage on time, they'd go for festivals that pay big money, rather than glastonbury. 

I don't believe a word of it.

I think its plausible that Axl and Slash are on speaking terms.

I think its within the realms of possibility they might agree to a very lucrative tour. And I'd be stunned if this happened next year.

But there will never be a new album from a reunited GNR line-up. The tour will be purely nostalgia and ignore Chinese Democracy completely. And they will never ever play Glastonbury.

Nah,

Even if the fourth-hand rumours in that article are true, even if they patch up all their differences, even if they record new material, even if they decide to tour again, and even if they can get Axl to go onstage on time, they'd go for festivals that pay big money, rather than glastonbury. 

Would Glastonbury be pretty low pay out compared to other UK festivals?

I saw Slash at Glasto in 2010, with some bloke who did a pretty good impersonation of Axl, at least vocally. They played most of the GnR hits, and played them well, so I consider my GnR/Glasto itch thoroughly scratched.

I agree.  I saw GnR at Donnington in 1988 and they blew me away.  And then 22 years Slash took me back on the Pyramid with RnFR.  

Tickety tick!

With the ginger prince's dedication towards timescales, and the local Mendip council's inevitable noise and time restrictions, there isn't a hope in hell of getting him to commit to a schedule and not flouncing off like a c**t whenever he gets the whim. This before even thinking through the logistics of the rest of the band having to talk to him and practice a bit before playing gigs. If - and it's a huge, massive if - they get back together, it'll be for a whole pile of standalone stadium gigs only. I can't see it working for festivals at all. 

Saw the 2010 effort at Reading, not a bad performance but safe to Axl was a complete knob especially at the end when he got abusive and had to be dragged off stage. That's if I got my years correct?

Good summary. He did the same at Leeds on the Sunday. If they need the cash it will no doubt happen but can't see it being at Glastonbury. 

I saw Slash at Glasto in 2010, with some bloke who did a pretty good impersonation of Axl, at least vocally. They played most of the GnR hits, and played them well, so I consider my GnR/Glasto itch thoroughly scratched.

Myles Kennedy, one of the best "new" (last 15 years) voices in rock 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRYCFfJW0N4

No chance!! they will only do it for the cash

I'm a big GnRs fan but Axl has no respect for fans, 2hrs 40mins late at their own gig in Manchester, granted they played a full set but so many people had to leave to catch trains/buses

Saying that I saw them in 1992 supported by FNM & Soundgarden and they were friggin awesome back then, my all time no.1 gig that was :) :) 

Saying that if they did tip up I would watch them...