Elton John for 2016.

McCor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's the other interpretation. There's either hundreds of headliners or three. Four at a push if we're including the legend slot now, but not six.

are people expecting the likes of coldplay etc to step out on the other stage then? just cos it was a bit bigger last year? if that's the case, why were the other stage headliners last year of the usual size?

we need answers.

We don't. A stick has been grabbed by the wrong end. Either the one about the headliners being 'sorted' for the next couple of years or the one about The Other Stage being emphasised. Or maybe something else.

But there are certainly not 6 headliners in 2016.

I wasn't suggesting in anyway we would, I was curious as to why McCor thought that 

The other stage is bigger, it's not bigger to the extent that 3 more acts the size of pyramid headliners are going to be booked, Rudimental, Deadmau5 and The Chems hardly suggest that do they 

are people expecting the likes of coldplay etc to step out on the other stage then? just cos it was a bit bigger last year? if that's the case, why were the other stage headliners last year of the usual size?

we need answers.

Chris Martin will play on the Bandstand at some point in the future. Don't know when or who with. but he will be there.

There's currently a BBC thing on Iplayer of him at the Eden Project earlier this year. His voice is a bit gone, innit? He's got the tunes, no doubt, but you know, he's not headliner stuff really. Not now. It's tricky he's a bit in between, not headliner, not from that performance, but not mid-afternoon either. Fuck knows. Bet he doesn't play.

and the band, man they look hilarious, straight out of central casting filed under 'ageing has-been musos (+1 younger addition, probably the son of someone who died)'. You can almost feel the waves of bitterness, emnity and regret radiating out from them

maxresdefault.jpg

There's currently a BBC thing on Iplayer of him at the Eden Project earlier this year. His voice is a bit gone, innit? He's got the tunes, no doubt, but you know, he's not headliner stuff really. Not now. It's tricky he's a bit in between, not headliner, not from that performance, but not mid-afternoon either. Fuck knows. Bet he doesn't play.

and the band, man they look hilarious, straight out of central casting filed under 'ageing has-been musos (+1 younger addition, probably the son of someone who died)'. You can almost feel the waves of bitterness, emnity and regret radiating out from them

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm going to feel stupid when you tell me, but who are you talking about?

maxresdefault.jpg

fantastic post

After seeing him at Bestival, there is no doubt he is a headliner rather than legend spot candidate. He, and his band were brilliant. I'm a big fan of his records and had never seen him live before, but I was quite overwhelmed by how good he was.

Absolutely. Thought it started off a bit slow but what a performance. I'm pretty sure he did at least two hours too. He probably could have filled 3 hours with the back catalogue he's got.