The Park Stage 2016

TomViolence

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, cokebabies92 said:

I've noticed on efest's lineup page that it's Kurt Vile (solo), would he therefore be without the violators?  

Do we have any info on this or is it just based purely on the poster?

In our bands database we have 'solo' and 'with band' (I forget the name) ... and I had to choose one, so I took the poster literally.

I'm quite happy to accept it might be the wrong one I've chosen, but that will only become clear with further info.

On 30 March 2016 at 8:12 AM, eFestivals said:

In our bands database we have 'solo' and 'with band' (I forget the name) ... and I had to choose one, so I took the poster literally.

I'm quite happy to accept it might be the wrong one I've chosen, but that will only become clear with further info.

It's pretty much certain he will be playing with his band.

11 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

Are we all sure that Bat For Lashes will be headlining? I know she's playing the Sunday, but I'm really hoping she's playing further down the bill somewhere, otherwise I'll probably have to miss her due to an Earth, Wind & Fire clash.

She hashtagged 'sundaynight' so I'd imagine she's headlining whatever stage she's on, whether it be the Park or JP or wherever

• 3 weeks later...

so this Bowie tribute thing is interesting, and seemingly taking up the Saturday headliner spot, or at least closing the stage. how the hell are they fitting all of these big names in? had pretty much settled that M83 were gonna headline the Park on the Saturday and i was probably gonna miss em, but this throws another spanner in to the works. i think people's dream of the EITS and Sigur Ros 1-2 on the Friday may just come to fruition 

51 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

so this Bowie tribute thing is interesting, and seemingly taking up the Saturday headliner spot, or at least closing the stage. how the hell are they fitting all of these big names in? had pretty much settled that M83 were gonna headline the Park on the Saturday and i was probably gonna miss em, but this throws another spanner in to the works. i think people's dream of the EITS and Sigur Ros 1-2 on the Friday may just come to fruition 

Or Sigur Ros are subbing LCD on Friday Other. #believe 

7 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Or Sigur Ros are subbing LCD on Friday Other. #believe 

well yes that is the dream. i daren't get my hopes up for such a perfect outcome

4 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Would be delighted if that Bowie tribute is closing the Park Stage on Saturday. Not that interested in seeing it and hopefully makes things a little easier with clashes. 

"And we're doing Philip Glass's Heroes Symphony on the Park Stage on Saturday night, which is going to be a really intimate tribute to Bowie. It's being conducted by Charles Hazlewood with members of the Paraorchestra. And we're going to do an incredible light show which will go on for the whole show and beyond, into the night."

definitely sounds like it's happening if what Emily is saying is true

24 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Would be delighted if that Bowie tribute is closing the Park Stage on Saturday. Not that interested in seeing it and hopefully makes things a little easier with clashes. 

Opposite for me. I was quite prepared to miss something like M83, EITS, Band of Horses for James Blake but now I wanna see that.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Opposite for me. I was quite prepared to miss something like M83, EITS, Band of Horses for James Blake but now I wanna see that.

Yep this is also my problem 

I imagine il still probably end up watching James Blake, though I'm not entirely convinced yet that that'll be headlining The Park, I wonder if there's a possibility The Park could go on later on the Saturday? I don't suppose licensing will allow that mind you 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Yep this is also my problem 

I imagine il still probably end up watching James Blake, though I'm not entirely convinced yet that that'll be headlining The Park, I wonder if there's a possibility The Park could go on later on the Saturday? I don't suppose licensing will allow that mind you 

It did finish half an hour after all the other stages finished last time. But it doesn't really change anything as Spiritualized before only played for an hour at half nine so it's not like a headliner and another act after.

i love Kurt Vile but surely no way he'd be headlining the Park! sometime on saturday earlier in the day would be nice, but def not headlining material!

yes, and as stated by a few the only gigs he's doing are as Kurt Vile and the Violators so it 100% won't be him solo w/ guitar (altho he could do one of those BBC solo songs like his former bandmate Adam Granduciel did 2 years back) He's Kurt Vile by record label and tours with his backing band the Violators...no differentiation on his website or any media sites to suggest it would be anything different w/ Glasto

(cue in Neil's "again...2 options....just working with what the poster says")

On 3/31/2016 at 11:01 AM, LeeGalvin said:

Are we all sure that Bat For Lashes will be headlining? I know she's playing the Sunday, but I'm really hoping she's playing further down the bill somewhere, otherwise I'll probably have to miss her due to an Earth, Wind & Fire clash.

Exactly!