The Park Stage 2016

TomViolence

I am yet to watch anyone on The Park (or West Holts, for that matter), despite going for the last 2 years. I missed Run The Jewels this year and St Vincent last year.... But I'm hoping we could get one of my favourite bands, Telegram, to pop my Park cherry in 2016!

Mmm it'd be cool and all but they're daytime John Peel fodder whenever I've seen it. Looking forward to the album finally coming out in the new year.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I'm really hoping to see more acts on the Park this year, I only got to see Kate Tempest last year but I loved the vibe up there and it's a really nice stage

I've got my fingers crossed for John Grant headlining on the Friday, the would be perfection

4 minutes ago, sloseph said:

I'm really hoping to see more acts on the Park this year, I only got to see Kate Tempest last year but I loved the vibe up there and it's a really nice stage

I've got my fingers crossed for John Grant headlining on the Friday, the would be perfection

yeah only saw Father John Misty last year. there were some great acts on, but there was better on elsewhere. hoping to possibly see a headliner there myself this year as well, although i couldn't hazard a guess at who will be headlining

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Approximately 90% of the rumoured acts will be topping the bill up there.

And those who are fervently hoped for but don't 'fit' the Park will be playing the West Holts Go-to Default Stage.

I love The Park and have seen several subs there, but I don't think I've ever seen a headliner. My default post-gig state is banging on to disinterested strangers about how great the sub was when they're just there to see  Pete Doherty or CSS, or Mogwai or something.

Actually, that's not true.  I saw Africa Express, but that was about it.  Damn that was a good gig.

I'd like to see another Park headliner this year... Mogwai were ace in '14. Didn't manage to see James Blake even though I'm fairly certain I didn't watch anyone else before Massive Attack. Jon Hopkins just lost out to PSB for me last year. 

Bat For Lashes, Wilco, Savages, EITS and Grimes are my front runners to head up the stage this year. There are probably a ton of other acts that could.

Goat at The Park were my de-facto headliner of last year. Absolutely superb, even though we did wander down for the Chems after I felt musically sated by the hypnotic sonic assault provided by Goat.

Generally I like The Park it's very relaxed, the Bimble and Stonebridge are cracking bars, you can just go and chill on the hill if you like. I find it an escape from the somewhat hectic nature of the rest of the festival.

22 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Goat at The Park were my de-facto headliner of last year. Absolutely superb, even though we did wander down for the Chems after I felt musically sated by the hypnotic sonic assault provided by Goat.

Generally I like The Park it's very relaxed, the Bimble and Stonebridge are cracking bars, you can just go and chill on the hill if you like. I find it an escape from the somewhat hectic nature of the rest of the festival.

Yep - love the Bimble Inn - did anyone see "K.O.G and the Zongo Brigade" there last year? ...absolutely fantastic!

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

headlined in 2008 so i doubt it (unless he was willing to take a lower slot) - more likely for JP i'd have thought 

Played the Other in 2009. He was really on form that day; it was a lovely set. I've seen him in his various bands over the years and it's been, ahem, patchy. 

16 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Played the Other in 2009. He was really on form that day; it was a lovely set. I've seen him in his various bands over the years and it's been, ahem, patchy. 

That was with Babyshambles wasn't it? Solo i think he's only played the park.

Just now, RossTC said:

That was with Babyshambles wasn't it? Solo i think he's only played the park.

No, it was solo. With a backing band that comprised members of Babyshambles, which is a little confusing. Plus Stephen Street was on guitar (filling in for Graham Coxon, who was a bit busy headlining with Blur that year). It was a set promoting his solo album - one of the best records he's done imo - that came out in 2009.

42 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

No, it was solo. With a backing band that comprised members of Babyshambles, which is a little confusing. Plus Stephen Street was on guitar (filling in for Graham Coxon, who was a bit busy headlining with Blur that year). It was a set promoting his solo album - one of the best records he's done imo - that came out in 2009.

Apologies, i must of missed that set! 2009 was a particularly hazy year for me lets put it that way haha!