LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

19 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Forgot about that and I posted the link to the Consequence of Sound writer saying Latitude/Bestival/Glastonbury, so yeah my faith is back. 

Might be a good sign instead, it's at least some confirmation that they are accepting lower slots than headline, even if it was expected.

aye, if we get the Latitude announcement next week and they're not there, then it's pretty much nailed on.

if they're playing Latitude, then I can't see them doing Lovebox, Latitude, T and then Glastonbury too...

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Why do T keep booking amazing bands that none of their punters want to see? The Modest Mouse footage from last year had a sum total of about 6 people there, and they had them on exclusive.

I watched Modest Mouse and The War on Drugs last year at TITP with a sum total of 50 other people between both of them, it was a terrible shame. The tent was bloody half empty for Hot Chip as well

TITP is done and is full of fucking idiots nowadays 

Just now, kingcrawler said:

There's always a couple of bookings like that. Kraftwerk and My Bloody Valentine played to nowhere near full tents in 2013 from what I've read (and the tent MBV were in was tiny). I imagine Pixies was similar in 2014.

Busier than I ever expected so the Pixies was, but still not anywhere near the levels they should have. I watched the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to a pretty small crowd as well, but they were bloody class so I wouldn't have cared if I was myself 

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Busier than I ever expected so the Pixies was, but still not anywhere near the levels they should have. I watched the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to a pretty small crowd as well, but they were bloody class so I wouldn't have cared if I was myself 

Ah, I suppose Pixies didn't have anyone too exciting opposite them which helped. Take it you're not planning to head up for LCD then?

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Ah, I suppose Pixies didn't have anyone too exciting opposite them which helped. Take it you're not planning to head up for LCD then?

Ah I'm not sure at all, I actually quite like the Friday, wouldn't mind seeing Jamie XX playing the tent and then catch some of The Roses. We will see how it goes, I'd LCD aren't announced for G then il need to get a day ticket, I swore I wouldn't go back as well :P

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I felt a hollow emptiness inside even suggesting it 

Well then don't. History will not remember you kindly, Doubting Thomas could have been a right solid bastard for the rest of his life, but one little bit of doubting and he's remembered 2,000+ years later just for that. Don't end up like him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Why do T keep booking amazing bands that none of their punters want to see? The Modest Mouse footage from last year had a sum total of about 6 people there, and they had them on exclusive.

this disturbs me greatly, they played calling festival as well, i just didn't want to give noel gallagher money

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Hi all

Been reading on this thread that one reason for LCD not playing is that they didn't seem to enjoy the experience when they played in 2010...does anyone know why? Footage I've seen seems pretty good...was it a sound/ atmosphere issue?

it will just have been james being his grumpy old self on stage, i reckon. i dont think its worth reading too much into but i do seem to recall them not being completely pleased. but then its hard to please james, he's a perfectionist