Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Yeah it was them, the drummer and him fell out the night before and then when it came to the gig they couldn't find the drummer called him and he'd fucked off to London. 

Can't see it being a great crowd either, especially if they're up against the likes of Coldplay. 

Yep, defo. I was one of the ones standing in the tent only to be told 5 mins before that they weren't playing. 

The bloke playing before them was begging to stay on and the crowd were willing it to happen (Ben Caplin I want to say his name was), but the organisers wouldn't and there was just a random gap instead.

Out of interest I just looked and the last band plays at about 8pm in there before the DJ's to finish the night. Guess that's a realistic placing for them

Edited by sisco

I struggle to go to a gig/festival in Scotland without The View being part of it. A mix of  constant 'The View are on fire' and 'here we fucking go' chants. They are adored in Scotland, but I've never noticed the love elsewhere. They've got nowt to them really for me, never been a fan. 

1 hour ago, davefrompompey said:

Coincidence that we're on page 147 and Steve Davis superstar dj has just retired from the day job? I think not.

Betway opened a market on his retirement yesterday giving 14/1 for him to play Ibiza this summer and 50/1 to play Glastonbury. I think it had already disappeared by the time I tried though, sadly.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

http://pitchfork.com/news/64945-the-band-formerly-known-as-viet-cong-announce-new-name/

I can't find these dates listed anywhere else but Pitchfork have Preoccupations (Viet Cong's new name) down for two London gigs in the same week as Glastonbury which must make them nailed on to play.

ooh thats good news. missed them at Primavera last year so would like the chance to catch them. looks promising 

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

http://pitchfork.com/news/64945-the-band-formerly-known-as-viet-cong-announce-new-name/

I can't find these dates listed anywhere else but Pitchfork have Preoccupations (Viet Cong's new name) down for two London gigs in the same week as Glastonbury which must make them nailed on to play.

I hope so too, I saw them towards the end of last year and they are fantastic live - very intense.  Their album was one of my favourites from last year - particularly the track "Silhouettes"

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

You beauty!! That Viet Cong album is phenomenal.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Just saw this and came here to post the same! Looks promising, was hoping for them last year so this is good news.

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Well, it ends with an 11-minute tempo-shifting epic called Death. And that's probably the most conventional track on the album!

When I saw Foals in February Silhouettes and Death were played back to back just before they came on which I thought was a strange way to get people up for a gig, I wasn't complaining though!

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

When I saw Foals in February Silhouettes and Death were played back to back just before they came on which I thought was a strange way to get people up for a gig, I wasn't complaining though!

They also do a great version of Bauhaus' "Dark Entries" which features on their first release the "Cassette" EP. Brilliant band, can't wait for the new album