Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Frank been ruled out? He has a nice big gap in his US dates which he's doing two German fests on Glastonbury weekend. Too much for him to pop over here for the last remaining day? Not sure where he would play after last year though (and I don't think he will have any new material).

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Hercules & Love Affair are doing a few festivals in June, and Andy Butler is DJing in the Downlow (although he did that last year and they didn't play).

Would be great if they played, especially with John Grant around...

That would be awesome

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Tommy101 said:

Has Frank been ruled out? He has a nice big gap in his US dates which he's doing two German fests on Glastonbury weekend. Too much for him to pop over here for the last remaining day? Not sure where he would play after last year though (and I don't think he will have any new material).

Think he said on Twitter he wasn't doing it. Seeing him In July so not too bothered but would have been nice.

@Gnomicide Did you catch his Strummervillle set in 2010? It was on one of the first nights of my first Glastonbury and think it will forever be one of my festival highlights. My main memories were that he was smashed, the sound was crap, it was almost dangerously overcrowded but the atmosphere was something to behold. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

@Gnomicide Did you catch his Strummervillle set in 2010? It was on one of the first nights of my first Glastonbury and think it will forever be one of my festival highlights. My main memories were that he was smashed, the sound was crap, it was almost dangerously overcrowded but the atmosphere was something to behold. 

I didn't. I also missed him in The Queens Head because I was was drunk and decided Shakira would be a laugh.

I am a fool.

Hang on now - I think I saw both. From memory the Queens Head gig was on Thursday, as was the Strummerville set, then I think he did two more on Saturday as well (including the Leftfield).

I remember dragging my ex along to the secret set after her not enjoying the first one much so I didn't really push for the other two. 

I don't really remember how great Shakira was but I was definitely there!

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Saw Badbadnotgood on WH in 2013 and they were ace. Would love to have em back

Yeah I'd dig some badbadnotgood, could bring Earl and Tyler with them

On 2/10/2016 at 4:30 PM, Futurism said:

The Cranberries would be Superb !!

http://cranberriesworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Bospop2016.jpg

So,  is there any news about the Cranberries? Their site is still showing only "news coming soon" . First show of the summer is three weeks away according to bandsintown site. No UK shows too. 

On 5/13/2016 at 1:15 PM, weirdforces said:

I really hope Massive Attack will be there, they're at so many festivals in Europe around that time period.

It's only 2 years since they last played, they can't really have a band of their stature coming back so often because they command slots very high up the bill. They'll play again in a few years though, there's very few bands that seem so at home at the festival as they do.

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's only 2 years since they last played, they can't really have a band of their stature coming back so often because they command slots very high up the bill. They'll play again in a few years though, there's very few bands that seem so at home at the festival as they do.

Yeah everyone tells me that but there are many bands which return many times within a short time period despite their stature. It would be nice to hear their new album live at Glastonbury because Zurich Openair is nearly as expensive and I probably can't do both.

7 hours ago, e2p2 said:

So,  is there any news about the Cranberries? Their site is still showing only "news coming soon" . First show of the summer is three weeks away according to bandsintown site. No UK shows too. 

They're touring around the same time so I reckon there's a decent chance they'll be playing, fingers crossed.

THE CRANBERRIES – EUROPE

2016.08.13 Fête du bruit dans Landerneau Landerneau France
2016.08.12 La Foire aux Vins d’Alsace Colmar France
2016.07.09 Bospop Weert Netherlands
2016.07.07 Festival Cognac Blues Passions Cognac France
2016.07.01 La Nuit de L’Erdre Nort-sur-Erdre France
2016.06.11 Festival Jardins Pedralbes Barcelona Spain
2016.06.09 Festi’Neuch Neuchâtel Switzerland
2016.06.03 Arena Lublin Lublin Poland

31 minutes ago, Futurism said:

They're touring around the same time so I reckon there's a decent chance they'll be playing, fingers crossed.

THE CRANBERRIES – EUROPE

2016.08.13 Fête du bruit dans Landerneau Landerneau France
2016.08.12 La Foire aux Vins d’Alsace Colmar France
2016.07.09 Bospop Weert Netherlands
2016.07.07 Festival Cognac Blues Passions Cognac France
2016.07.01 La Nuit de L’Erdre Nort-sur-Erdre France
2016.06.11 Festival Jardins Pedralbes Barcelona Spain
2016.06.09 Festi’Neuch Neuchâtel Switzerland
2016.06.03 Arena Lublin Lublin Poland

Acoustic stage? I'd be all over that.