The thread for the ticketless who would like help in the resale

thurlow84

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, HannahandGary said:

I would love help in the resale please if anyone can lend a hand. I have been avoiding anything Glasto related since October, need to start gearing up for resale. I have a bad feeling about it though, i'm usually really confident but i just feel like the demand is huge this year!?!?!

This was me last year, you will prevail! 

Assuming resales are the same as previously, I won't be able to help out for the coach sale if it's on a Thursday but should be able to help out on the Sunday.  We only need one ticket so will be able to try for another three (?five).  

Hello kind efesters! I've been on these boards for 7 years now. I'm not the most prolific of posters and I've found it hard to inhabit these boards since we failed to get tickets last year. But I do try to answer all the questions on disability/access/the disabled campsite - as well as questions about where and when to shop in Bristol on the way to the festival, as they're the two areas I feel like I have helpful knowledge to share with you :)

3 of us are hoping for another year in the disabled campsite and we're desperate for tickets (our carers can get them free once we have ours). We all tried in different locations on ticket day and we got as far as the payment window, but then they were sold out :(

As our heath deteriorates, none of us know how many more festivals we'll be able to make, so we'd appreciate any help. Please PM me if you'd be up for supporting our efforts on ticket day.:wub:

Thank you :)

27 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

Over the last 2 years i've seen people helping people out on resale day with tickets but i've never really needed as i had my tickets.

This year as it happens ill be trying for 1 ticket as my friend missed the registration last time and currently is going with someone else's ticket, but we're gonna try for another for piece of mind.

So what day does it work and if someone is willing to help me? then i'm more than willing to help them?

i wasn't aware of this thread, i need a helping hand for 1 and i am more than willing to return the favour?

After a fair few months of not visiting Efests (after T Day disappointment, and work stuff), I'm back. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, full steam ahead to the resale...

Time Being - I'll DM you, I'd be eternally grateful if you could help out.

On 10/6/2015 at 0:35 PM, Time Being said:

I am more than happy to help out

From the US, yeah

One other thing on the post below..be careful when buying internationally (even without mixed registrations), sometimes the banks will block the card if it's used outside of the 'home' country, even if it's paying a UK company, and then if you register the card for use abroad it might not work in the home country. I got burned on this a few years back, and would hate for it to happen to anyone else. I actually ended up getting through but my card was already blocked from someone who had successfully got through with it in another country. Tears were shed...

On 10/6/2015 at 3:44 PM, Watergirl said:

Thanks for that reply.  Does that mean that you can't have a mixed group of UK and foreign registrations in the resale?  

I guess UK friends that already have tickets themselves could still help me, if they have my registration and CC?  Many thanks for clarifying, mattyc1965.

It would appear that I don't have to attempt to buy tickets for friends, friends of friends etc this year. Do we know what date the Sunday re-sale date is (I haven't a clue)? If I'm able I'd be glad to help try for some people. You'd have to trust me with your card details because I haven't got enough spare loot to cover the tickets myself - unless there's another way of doing it, which eludes me right now?

2 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

We'd love any help we can get. I'm still quite confident we will get tickets though at the moment Glasto seems far far away.

PM me and we can sort it from there. Only too happy to help. :)

PS - I'm a little too stoned to be able to sort it right now but will respond to any PM tomorrow, when I hope to be better. lol