Was that fair?

fullerlove

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a mixture of luck and persistence. Over the years I've got tickets on wifi, fibre, ipads, PC's and hanging out of a friends window with 1 bar of signal on a mobile, Luck to get an open slot on the booking page, persistence to keep refreshing to maximise your chances of hitting an open slot.

I logged in through work server and check speed on that site and it was over 300mbs. I know it's luck but the page refreshed very quickly so I could try loads of times and never lost the holding page.

Yeah, it's the latency you really want to be looking at. 300 mbps is great bandwidth but the seetickets booking page is just 25kb!

But like I said, when it's the time you arrive that matters none of it makes any difference. It's like driving at 100 mph to get somewhere and when you arrive you find out it doesn't open for half an hour. :)

Got all of ours except for one group. Had all there details in and pressed confirm only too find out one on the group had already got ticket.

So had too go back and remove him, then confirm again and sold out.

Terrible for them :/

Exactly the same for me!! Only it said 2 of them had tickets. It's such a shame for those concerned but they know they have loads of us trying in the resale!!

It probably is as fair as it could be given disparity between supply and demand, but I wonder if anyone has a view about a longer sale giving people like me with dodgy wifi more chance?  We had to reconnect via mobile after ours crashed and eventually got thru at 9.25, which would have been too late to complete the sale last year.

Also it does seem that people who get through once are able to get back to the buying page more easily than those still queuing,  and while it's great they can help others, a bit gutting for people who never got near enough to buy any tickets.

Exactly the same for me!! Only it said 2 of them had tickets. It's such a shame for those concerned but they know they have loads of us trying in the resale!!

Thats why we split ourselves into groups of six. The only trouble is that in grouping them, a couple of my mates were in a group that failed. So although I got mine i can celebrate until the resales!

The wife got through on the oldest crap laptop on home wifi whilst I didn't using all manner of devices and cloud based systems giving me 6 IPs with various browsers. She did shout at her laptop more and hit the F5 key particularly hard so that probably helped!

I got in on my phone with 4G this year, had to put all the numbers in manually. Missed a digit out of one but it still allowed me to redo it then took me through to the final page. TENSE! Didn't even get as far as the holding page on my laptop.

I've bought tickets while on a train using their crap wifi before so I really do believe it's all down to luck.

Very happy to get them after losing out completely last year.

We are near Bkackpool and got tickets using phone connection. Laptop didn't even connect. Refreshed from before 9 and got through at about 9.15. Completed the order and then card was declined as I had put wrong expiry date. So we did get ours in the end- but last year tried every sale and resale and ended up not going for the first time in many years- which was gutting. Today the phones were the best for us.

Second year. Last year I tried the coach sale, and after five minutes I had the tickets. This year I failed the coach sale, so I tried again this morning and I thought I was failing again. After twenty minutes of refreshing five/six tabs, I got to the ticket form. 

I wonder how many people who failed today tried in the coach sale? They did leave from dozens of UK destinations which a lot of people would be able to reach quite easily...

It's all very well being able to reach a departure point easily at say 11am - but given that most of the seetickets coaches don't give you a choice, or any knowledge of departure times, then it might not be so easy if you get allocated a 4am departure (as some people have in the past). Or maybe you can't get off work until noon and the departure is 10am.

If they ever come round to specifying times in advance, then I'll certainly be happy to look at the coach sale as a serious option (and indeed, at that point I'd support vastly increasing the number of coach-only tickets). Until then, it's of no interest to me.

I wonder how many people who failed today tried in the coach sale? They did leave from dozens of UK destinations which a lot of people would be able to reach quite easily...

Don't know how many, but I'm one of them. Also last year (tried but failed), and the year before (ditto).

Plus some other years, but can't remember which ones. The only year we managed to get coach tickets was 2007.

Ps: Edited to say - this is the sort of comment I find really frustrating "why didn't you try", "You just have to try harder".  Urgh.

Edited by midnight

I didn't this year. Even living in Coventry, I did Birmingham coaches last year, which should have been simple enough. But a 5.45am departure meant having to organize a lift off my parents (I'm 31) to be able to get there, as there's no public transport at that hour, and a taxi would have cost a fortune.

The coach-packages are a great idea, but there's not much common sense behind them it seems.