New Order

Zoo Music Girl

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am contemplating going to the gig at the Royal Albert Hall. If anyone sees any tickets for the main standing area, could they please give me the heads up? Silly prices on Viagogo and the likes at present, while there are none on Twickets yet.

Will do. The alert system on Twickets is quite useful btw, probably worth setting one up for New Order

11 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Love this song so much, and it doesn't seem to get a mention with not getting played live, Great closing track.

Does sound a bit like The Killers though.

Edit: I must have subliminally remembered the very good reason for it sounding like The Killers.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

6 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am contemplating going to the gig at the Royal Albert Hall. If anyone sees any tickets for the main standing area, could they please give me the heads up? Silly prices on Viagogo and the likes at present, while there are none on Twickets yet.

Reunion gigs are ripe for picking up cheap tickets outside the door - old clientele who often drop out late and have decent disposable income so will just take the hit. My record is £5 for Ride at the Roundhouse, but I got two (£60 odd each) New Order tickets outside Brixton for about £25 each in November. I'd suggest hanging in there and checking the Facebook page for the event and Gumtree late doors too.

Might be tempted to try it myself - but I just bought a Bilbao BBK ticket so looks like I'm already seeing New Order two more times this summer!

Edited by Homer

6 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Will do. The alert system on Twickets is quite useful btw, probably worth setting one up for New Order

Cheers Tom, have set up an alert so will hang in there. I am definitely going to go. I have changed shifts in work so I am not free to go. Have never been to The Royal Albert Hall and always wanted to go. Don't think NO have played there for 30 years either.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Reunion gigs are ripe for picking up cheap tickets outside the door - old clientele who often drop out late and have decent disposable income so will just take the hit. My record is £5 for Ride at the Roundhouse, but I got two (£60 odd each) New Order tickets outside Brixton for about £25 each in November. I'd suggest hanging in there and checking the Facebook page for the event and Gumtree late doors too.

Might be tempted to try it myself - but I just bought a Bilbao BBK ticket so looks like I'm already seeing New Order two more times this summer!

Cheers mate. Will keep an eye on things. I am not on Facebook unfortunately so if anyone sees anything could they give us a shout?

It is looking like being 6 times for me on this NO tour. Berlin and WHP last year. RAH, Glasto, Castlefield and Berlin again this year :-)

31 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

I picked up 2 tickets for the Wolverhampton gig in November for £30 each (were £46 each face value) on Scarlet Mist so check that out too. Viagogo etc. were asking £75-100

Never heard of Scarlet Mist mate, will have a ganders :-)

1 hour ago, wozwebs said:

Scarlet Mist has been around for years. You are not allowed to sell above face value so you get some bargains if you check a few days before

Yeah it's good. I got a Foals standing tickets at Leeds Arena there last month for below face value which had been sold out for ages.

Think I'm gonna buy a ticket on there for Wolf Alice tomorrow, too. 

Twickets is more widely used that Scarlet Mist I would say these days. Same concept of not being over face value but they charge a 10% fee per transaction. With that they do act as a guarantee if the ticket doesn't show up as you actually buy through them rather than directly off a person, I once got ripped off on Scarlet Mist.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Twickets is more widely used that Scarlet Mist I would say these days. Same concept of not being over face value but they charge a 10% fee per transaction. With that they do act as a guarantee if the ticket doesn't show up as you actually buy through them rather than directly off a person, I once got ripped off on Scarlet Mist.

Yeah I check both nowadays. 

Do you not pay in person when using Scarlet Mist? That's what it made me do. Just put you in contact with the person and then sort it between yourselves. Although I guess if you decide between you to use a bank transfer or something that could happen. 

49 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I check both nowadays. 

Do you not pay in person when using Scarlet Mist? That's what it made me do. Just put you in contact with the person and then sort it between yourselves. Although I guess if you decide between you to use a bank transfer or something that could happen. 

That's exactly what happened. I'd used it so many times I became too trusting, my fault really.

Well, it was the c**t who stole my money's fault but I guess I come second.

• Upvote 1

I know it's already TBC but I bumped into a mate at United last night who works with Bernard Sumner's daughter and she also confirmed they're definitely doing Other Stage Saturday.

Thank god for New Order off the back of that Pyramid announcement 

• Upvote 2

Well I have a ticket for RAH. Really can't wait as it is an awful long time since I had a proper day out in London. I bit the bullet and bought a seated ticket off the RAH website.

Bit of Waiting For The Sirens call to celebrate. This remix is far better than the original mix and I am glad they are playing this version live. It will sound absolutely awsome booming out of a tip top system.

Edited by eastynh