Jump to content
Zoo Music Girl

New Order

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Has me hopeful for:

 

Fri - LCD

Sat - New Order

Sun - EWF

Looks like the same for me mate :-)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roisin Murphy supporting New Order on Saturday.

Did not expect that, but I am really looking forward to seeing her as I think she is fantastic. 

Anyone else seen her before? Is she any cop live? Her voice is fabulous on record and she has some nifty tunes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Roisin Murphy supporting New Order on Saturday.

Did not expect that, but I am really looking forward to seeing her as I think she is fantastic. 

Anyone else seen her before? Is she any cop live? Her voice is fabulous on record and she has some nifty tunes.

i saw her at the Albert Hall last year.  the proper Albert Hall, not the London one.  anyway, she was excellent.  great tunes, great voice and loads of mental costumes. and she's an honourary Manc too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fatyeti24 said:

i saw her at the Albert Hall last year.  the proper Albert Hall, not the London one.  anyway, she was excellent.  great tunes, great voice and loads of mental costumes. and she's an honourary Manc too.

I am really looking forward to the gig. Not sure about the weekend in London though. United play Everton at Wembley. Probably best keeping my mouth shut :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The band are still on form mate. They are as tight now as I have ever known them. The RAH gig was different to a normal New Order gig as there were a lot of people there from cancer charities and so on. It took a while to warm up but by the time BLT came on, it was bouncing.

They need to change the set now though as 6 from the new album is far too many. To not play a single tune from Lowlife or Technique is criminal. They need to play one of either Tutti Frutti or People On The High Line, both of them does not work. Superheated does not work live either, they should not be finishing on that at all.

Overall I was really impressed with the venue, it took my breath away. Yet something was missing from the performance. It was tight and they did not miss a beat. Gone is the unpredictability though and there was no passion. 

I would be disappointed if they played the same set at Glastonbury. I would drop Academic, POTHL and Superheated. POTHL is apparently the next single so thats going nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 10:15 PM, eastynh said:

I am afraid that it would be impossible for me to give a fair and balanced answer to those questions.

My biased view is that they will rock the gaff and I feel sorry for all the people who's girlfriends will force them to watch Adele.

The new album is consistently good. None of the songs will go down as New Order classics but there is no shame in that. It is a smashing return to form and a welcome addition to the portfolio :-)

The new album is great best thing they have done in long time.  Saw them again last Nov on great form strange to see them without hookie but didn't detract for me. I am afraid maybe sadly dragged to adele but I've seen new order ton of times so sacrifice I can make . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eastynh said:

The band are still on form mate. They are as tight now as I have ever known them. The RAH gig was different to a normal New Order gig as there were a lot of people there from cancer charities and so on. It took a while to warm up but by the time BLT came on, it was bouncing.

They need to change the set now though as 6 from the new album is far too many. To not play a single tune from Lowlife or Technique is criminal. They need to play one of either Tutti Frutti or People On The High Line, both of them does not work. Superheated does not work live either, they should not be finishing on that at all.

Overall I was really impressed with the venue, it took my breath away. Yet something was missing from the performance. It was tight and they did not miss a beat. Gone is the unpredictability though and there was no passion. 

I would be disappointed if they played the same set at Glastonbury. I would drop Academic, POTHL and Superheated. POTHL is apparently the next single so thats going nowhere.

I'd be fine with 5 from the new album, sack off Superheated and POTHL and play Restless, Singularity, Plastic, Tuttie Frutti and Academic as well as both of Ceremony and Regret

Replace Atmosphere for World in Motion at Glastonbury and I'd be perfectly happy with the set.

I'm not one for Football usually but I'm really hoping England do well this year so there's more of a chance of seeing World in Motion. After Glastonbury bun England though

Edited by jonodillieono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonodillieono said:

I'd be fine with 5 from the new album, sack off Superheated and POTHL and play Restless, Singularity, Plastic, Tuttie Frutti and Academic as well as both of Ceremony and Regret

Replace Atmosphere for World in Motion at Glastonbury and I'd be perfectly happy with the set.

I'm not one for Football usually but I'm really hoping England do well this year so there's more of a chance of seeing World in Motion. After Glastonbury bun England though

They should 100% NOT play World In Motion. They have too fantastic a back catalogue to waste 5 minutes of the set with that. In fact they played it last time at Glasto with that moron Keith Allen, instead of Blue Monday or something. Ludicrous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best we can hope for is a 90 minute set. I will be disappointed if they only get 75 minutes, especially considering the length of some of their most popular songs. How long were they on at RAH @eastynh? I've just looked at the setlist and took a couple of songs out, I reckon the ones below are pretty much certain for Glastonbury. This would probably take up most or all of their allocated time though I think. I would love some more old songs, especially from Power, Corruption & Lies, and Technique. I don't see them playing anything from Technique though, when they won't even do it at their own shows.

Singularity

Regret

Academic

Restless

Your Silent Face

Tutti Frutti

POTHL

Bizarre Love Triangle

Plastic

The Perfect kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Blue Monday

Love Will Tear Us Apart

(Possibly World in Motion)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

The best we can hope for is a 90 minute set. I will be disappointed if they only get 75 minutes, especially considering the length of some of their most popular songs. How long were they on at RAH @eastynh? I've just looked at the setlist and took a couple of songs out, I reckon the ones below are pretty much certain for Glastonbury. This would probably take up most or all of their allocated time though I think. I would love some more old songs, especially from Power, Corruption & Lies, and Technique. I don't see them playing anything from Technique though, when they won't even do it at their own shows.

Singularity

Regret

Academic

Restless

Your Silent Face

Tutti Frutti

POTHL

Bizarre Love Triangle

Plastic

The Perfect kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Blue Monday

Love Will Tear Us Apart

(Possibly World in Motion)

 

They were on just shy of 2 hours I think mate. I think you have nailed the setlist there. Drop Academic and no World In Motion and thats your 80-90 minute set.

Just seems a little sad that the set lists are getting worse rather than better. The one in Berlin last year was fantastic in comparison to the one they played at RAH. There maybe some politics at play here though in regards to the upcoming court case, hence why they are leaning on the new album so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've got so many brilliant songs. They're obviously gonna play a certain amount of songs from Music Complete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

They've got so many brilliant songs. They're obviously gonna play a certain amount of songs from Music Complete. 

6 is an awful lot though mate. I don't think they have ever played 6 from one album since the very beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Is Crystal not a given in the set list?

They will definitely play Crystal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Always some joy division in there atmosphere or love will tear us apart . 

Can't see Atmosphere really, just not enough time to fit it in. I reckon they will finish with LWTUA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alan_C said:

 

Singularity

Regret

Academic

Restless

Your Silent Face

Tutti Frutti

POTHL

Bizarre Love Triangle

Plastic

The Perfect kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Blue Monday

Love Will Tear Us Apart

(Possibly World in Motion)

 

Agree with this a lot, don't think we'll be getting Atmosphere tbh but LWTUA will get a fantastic reaction. I think World in Motion is fairly likley given the timing of the performance. I'd say Crystal is probably a bit more likely than Your Silent Face but I dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

Agree with this a lot, don't think we'll be getting Atmosphere tbh but LWTUA will get a fantastic reaction. I think World in Motion is fairly likley given the timing of the performance. I'd say Crystal is probably a bit more likely than Your Silent Face but I dunno

I hope not. As much as I like Crystal, Your Silent Face is one of my favourite New Order songs, and it seems to be a live staple, so I would be gutted to see it dropped. Crystal is also one of their more modern day songs, so it would be nice for them to keep some older songs in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eastynh said:

They will definitely play Crystal.

Maybe Crystal in place of Academic? I love Academic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Maybe Crystal in place of Academic? I love Academic!

They will play Crystal and Your Silent Face imo. I can see Academic being dropped and personally I would drop Restless.

They will have a month to prepare for the summer stretch. They may be preparing more of a festival friendly set. I would like to see Isolation return.

For the festivals they need to play the anthems plus maybe 4 from Music Complete. The 7 they played on Saturday is far too many. You missed Waiting For The Sirens Call off you list, I reckon they will play that. The planet funk remix they do live is fantastic and will go down a treat. 

For me a realistic set list would be

Singularity

Ceremony

Regret

Restless

Your Silent Face

Tutti Frutti

POTHL

Crystal

Bizarre Love Triangle

Plastic

Waiting For the Sirens Call

The Perfect kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Blue Monday

Love Will Tear Us Apart

 

 

Edited by eastynh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...