New Order

Zoo Music Girl

38 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

True Faith

Ceremony

Temptation

Tutti Frutti (bit shit but a single off the new album)

at the mo can't think of any but I am sure the others here will help you out :P

38 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

A few old favorites they'll almost definitely play:

True Faith. Crystal. Bizarre Love Triangle. Ceremony. Temptation. 

Off the latest album check out:

Tutti Frutti. Unlearn this Hatred. Singularity. Restless. Plastic

And as a bonus track: Regret. They might not play it, but it's amazing. 

38 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Have a listen to the live at Bestival in 2012 cd that they brought out.

Heres a start for you

Thanks for that guys, will give these a go and let you know how I get on. Like the look of the Temptation, bit of a marathon at 9 mins mind!

Ceremony

The Perfect Kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Bizarre Love Triangle

Your Silent Face

Crystal

Tutti Frutti

Restless 

Plastic

*I also recommend listening to Regret, just because it's fucking great.

1 minute ago, Alan_C said:

Ceremony

The Perfect Kiss

True Faith

Temptation

Bizarre Love Triangle

Your Silent Face

Crystal

Tutti Frutti

Restless 

Plastic

*I also recommend listening to Regret, just because it's fucking great.

Age Of Consent

Confusion

Vanishing Point

Dream Attack

Then there is the Joy Division stuff they may play. There is just too much good stuff really to list. They have no standout magnificent album like the Stone Roses classic. What they do have is a host of very good albums, a really good compilation and a whole host of utterly fantastic songs.

Aye. I was just picking out ones they will play. Some great album tracks. Quite annoying when you see them put stuff like Waiting For The Sirens in the setlist really.

On 9/9/2015 at 9:36 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Did you see them in 2005 with Hooky? The toxic atmosphere in that lineup made for a terrible gig. From what I hear, both New Order today and Hooky doing his own thing are much better live experiences than 'proper' New Order in the last few years.

I saw them . thought they were awesome, asked all my mates and they were terrible. I was just dancing to anything. was found later on dancing to a generator. I am not a reliable source

• Upvote 1

Their gig in Glasgow a couple of months back was cracking, based upon that I'm really looking forward to them at Glastonbury. Obviously the Other Stage is a completely different proposition from the O2 up here but I think/hope they can pull it off. 

17 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Aye. I was just picking out ones they will play. Some great album tracks. Quite annoying when you see them put stuff like Waiting For The Sirens in the setlist really.

I like that revamp of Waiting For The Sirens Call. Is it Richard X that did it? It is far better than the album version.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Their gig in Glasgow a couple of months back was cracking, based upon that I'm really looking forward to them at Glastonbury. Obviously the Other Stage is a completely different proposition from the O2 up here but I think/hope they can pull it off. 

I have seen them a few times outside both with and without Hooky. I have never seen them be bad at an outdoor gig. Seen some shockers outdoors but like yourself I have faith they will nail it if they are at Glasto.

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

You're right, the other stage might be far from the best stage at Glastonbury, but it's 10 fold better than that echo chamber, complete shite hole, it's nothing but a waste of space if you ask me

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I've heard bad reviews of their last outdoor glasto gig.

What year was that mate. The 2005 gig got good reviews

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jun/26/arts.glastonbury2005

I won't lie though, I have seen them a few times and they have been atrocious. They have been nothing but good though since Hooky left, which is a bit mad really as he was the one who loved playing live.

1 hour ago, joelovesleeds! said:

Thanks for that guys, will give these a go and let you know how I get on. Like the look of the Temptation, bit of a marathon at 9 mins mind!

The album version only runs about 6 mins mate

I am used to long songs nowadays - I listen to a lot of prog so in fact I could argue 9 mins is nothing! I have an album that's 1 song lasting 75 odd mins :)

ejoy New Order anyhow - if you like Blue Monday you should get on well with what's been listed

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Seeing Hooky on Saturday. Quite liked what I saw of him at a small festival last year, which surprised me (I was pissed though).

I seen the Lowlife and Brotherhood tour he did which I enjoyed. Got no interest in seeing his JD tours. I am undecided about the Substance tour he is doing this year. I can't listen to JD stuff for that long. I will probably end up going though as the New Order Substance album is one of my faves.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What year was that mate. The 2005 gig got good reviews

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jun/26/arts.glastonbury2005

I won't lie though, I have seen them a few times and they have been atrocious. They have been nothing but good though since Hooky left, which is a bit mad really as he was the one who loved playing live.

Better than Keane is not exactly a great review.  I was there, they were pretty pants.  And they didn't play Blue Monday.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Better than Keane is not exactly a great review.  I was there, they were pretty pants.  And they didn't play Blue Monday.

I will take your word for it then Stu. Can't say I am shocked they pulled a stinker. Think there were extenuating circumstances though in 2005.

15 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You're right, the other stage might be far from the best stage at Glastonbury, but it's 10 fold better than that echo chamber, complete shite hole, it's nothing but a waste of space if you ask me

I fucking hate it. It's a shite venue badly done. I said last year I would only go back if it was someone who I properly liked, ended up seeing Ryan Adams, New Order and Jamie xx after it got moved there cause the Arches got closed down. Three more times than I cared for. 

8 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Is anyone else enjoying the extended mix of Singularity? It doesn't add a huge amount, but I loved the regular track so much that it's given me an excuse to listen to it even more.

I love the whole album really. Not too keen on Restless and stray Dog but love the rest.

I love the video the Singularity. Fits the song like a glove.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I fucking hate it. It's a shite venue badly done. I said last year I would only go back if it was someone who I properly liked, ended up seeing Ryan Adams, New Order and Jamie xx after it got moved there cause the Arches got closed down. Three more times than I cared for. 

I gave away my tick for Jamie XX when it got moved there, it's even worse for acts with a decent bass, it's just hopeless. I'm going to Father John Misty after it was unfortunately moved there, but I particularly want to see him so il go along and endure it, but it's the worst venue I've ever been in by a long way

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I gave away my tick for Jamie XX when it got moved there, it's even worse for acts with a decent bass, it's just hopeless. I'm going to Father John Misty after it was unfortunately moved there, but I particularly want to see him so il go along and endure it, but it's the worst venue I've ever been in by a long way

Try the Warehouse Project for a gig. The New Order gig there was a joke. Perfect venue for a rave but a shocker for a gig. 25% of the crowd could not even see the stage.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Try the Warehouse Project for a gig. The New Order gig there was a joke. Perfect venue for a rave but a shocker for a gig. 25% of the crowd could not even see the stage.

I had to leave the WHP early last time I was in. Was Chemical Brothers DJ night, couldn't see the stage and it was a complete bottle neck at both sides trying to get anywhere. Was getting me properly anxious. Didn't enjoy it at all.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I had to leave the WHP early last time I was in. Was Chemical Brothers DJ night, couldn't see the stage and it was a complete bottle neck at both sides trying to get anywhere. Was getting me properly anxious. Didn't enjoy it at all.

I said at the time, the only reason it made sense for them to do the WHP was if they were signed up to do Castlefield in the summer. I think the promoters of both piss in the same pot.

Low and behold New Order are playing Castlefield this summer :-)

19 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I've heard bad reviews of their last outdoor glasto gig.

Yes it was shit. They even had Keith Allen on for World in Motion, doesn't get much worse than that at a NO gig. And I left Damien Rice (or was it Interpol?) half way through to watch see New Order.

11 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Yes it was shit. They even had Keith Allen on for World in Motion, doesn't get much worse than that at a NO gig. And I left Damien Rice (or was it Interpol?) half way through to watch see New Order.

Jesus. Keith Allen. What a tool. Imagine if he had kids. They'd be insufferable.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Hmm facebook Latitude advertising saying New Order are playing exclusively with the same wording under the National one as well.

we've had different mails from 4 different official PRs, and all of them claim The National as an exclusive and none of them claim New Order as an exclusive.

If they're being claimed as that on facebook it's probably because they're thinking that will long be lost and forgotten by the time any further announcements are made.

Plus I know of something direct from New Order which as-good-as confirms them as playing Glasto.

Plus I know of other things which firmly puts them as headliner for the Other.

I know what I put my money on above anything on facebook. :)

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

we've had different mails from 4 different official PRs, and all of them claim The National as an exclusive and none of them claim New Order as an exclusive.

If they're being claimed as that on facebook it's probably because they're thinking that will long be lost and forgotten by the time any further announcements are made.

Plus I know of something direct from New Order which as-good-as confirms them as playing Glasto.

Plus I know of other things which firmly puts them as headliner for the Other.

I know what I put my money on above anything on facebook. :)

I have faith in you Neil. The stars are all aligned :-)