New Order

Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

On the Other? Yeah, i don't see why not, they're in much the same place as others who've done it.

I'm sure you said the other year that they were being offeredlow enough down at festivals to make them say no? They have headed KTs at T also which isn't equivalent and I wouldn't say they are bigger there than down here. 

Just now, thewayiam said:

I'm sure you said the other year that they were being offeredlow enough down at festivals to make them say no? They have headed KTs at T also which isn't equivalent and I wouldn't say they are bigger there than down here. 

They headlined Bestival the same year they headlined King Tuts and I think their Bestival placing is more relevant. Primal Scream headlined Tuts in 2011 when they also headlined the Other stage so it's not like it hasn't happened before.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

they're in a different place now to where they were a few years ago.

At a point in time things might change from 'a bit of a tired old band still doing the rounds' into 'these are a classic act'. It's happened with New Order.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They headlined Bestival the same year they headlined King Tuts and I think their Bestival placing is more relevant. Primal Scream headlined Tuts in 2011 when they also headlined the Other stage so it's not like it hasn't happened before.

Oh did they, that's fair enough then. I guess I just didn't see them as an Other header but maybe then.

• Downvote 1

I don't see how its a debate that they could headline Other Stage now. Got a more impressive back catalogue than pretty much anyone who will be at the festival next year, and they've just released one of the best albums of their career, which proved they're still relevant.

Have they not been playing Superheated at all? I bloody love that song.

22 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I don't see how its a debate that they could headline Other Stage now. Got a more impressive back catalogue than pretty much anyone who will be at the festival next year, and they've just released one of the best albums of their career, which proved they're still relevant.

Have they not been playing Superheated at all? I bloody love that song.

Not played Superheated yet mate and I doubt they will really unless they do a Festival and Brandon is there. Even then they are more likely to do Crystal or BLT.

Not sure it is really relevant here but I could see New Order supporting the Chemical Brothers in London next year. The Chemical Brothers love NO and they have worked together quite a lot. 

NO would be the perfect support really (although personally I think it should be the other way round)

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not played Superheated yet mate and I doubt they will really unless they do a Festival and Brandon is there. Even then they are more likely to do Crystal or BLT.

Not sure it is really relevant here but I could see New Order supporting the Chemical Brothers in London next year. The Chemical Brothers love NO and they have worked together quite a lot. 

NO would be the perfect support really (although personally I think it should be the other way round)

Don't even allow me to think about Chems doing any live dates here next year. I'm desperate to see them again after Glasto this year.

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Don't even allow me to think about Chems doing any live dates here next year. I'm desperate to see them again after Glasto this year.

They are deffo doing dates in London next summer. 

Link has just come up on their Twitter feed as you have to register for tickets or something.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

They are deffo doing dates in London next summer. 

Link has just come up on their Twitter feed as you have to register for tickets or something.

Oh right haha I thought you were just speculating about them doing something!

Hopefully there'll be some dates elsewhere as well but I won't hold my breath.

6 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Yeah, I'm holding out for a Manchester date. Hopefully in Manchester Central as that'd be great for The Chems.

I could definitely see Hot Chip supporting them for the London gig

Hot Chip

New Order

Chemical Brothers

That would be unreal.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I've only ever seen them live on TV (if that makes sense) and it has led me to the opinion that they are one of the most appalling live acts to have ever existed.

Maybe when you're there it comes across differently?

New Order have the ability to be either utterly fantastic or utterly atrocious from a live perspective. It would predominantly be down to how pissed Barney was or whether the equipment failed.

Over the last few years though their live performances have been consistently very good with their Jodrel Bank and the Berlin gig from this year being amongst the best I have seen.

In regards to their TV performances though they should be given credit for being the only electronic band that actually attempted to play live. Through the 80's the likes of Depeche Mode et al played backing tapes while New Order tried to play embryonic synths and electronic equipment live. That was the main reason they sounded poor on live tv, there was no such thing as Ableton live or warped samples back then. Plus they really did not give a shit which did not help.

In regards to Glasto, it could go either way. It could either be the worse thing you have ever seen or it could go down in folklore as a legendary Glasto gig. By all accounts they have always been fantastic at Glasto. One things for sure, they will be a lot more unpredictable than any of the rumoured main stage headliners. I can't imagine any of the rumoured three singers pulling off a wonder set, yet being too pissed to stand up and having to lie on the floor while they played.

One thing you will get is a fantastic back catalogue, some catchy new tunes and an encore of Temptation, Blue Monder and Love Will Tear Us Apart, which imo will not be beaten by anyone there that weekend.