New Order

Zoo Music Girl

with a band or a big dj at whp everyone in there obviously goes to just see them. no good if you can't immerse yourself in the visuals or even see the band ffs

we took up our spot at the front an hour before new order came on and it was already packed

they are such an important band to me and was first time seeing them. the new songs sounded as great as on record highlights were crystal, bizarre love triangle, your silent face, temptation and atmosphere!! wow

only disappointment for me was no ceremony but hopefully will get that when they headline the other at glasto or summer in the city:D

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

I reckon they are more likely for Summer In The City mate. That is the only reason I can think of, as of why they played WHP.

From reading up today there are a lot of people pretty pissed off with the gigs over the weekend. You could not move in there and a lot of people who could not see a thing due to having to stand down the side. It was a pretty woeful set up and I can only think they have done it to play elsewhere under the whp/Park life umbrella.

I don't think they would play Kendal if they play Castlefield although I think they are nailed on for one of them, with Castlefield being the bigger probability.

Cheers :-)

1 minute ago, jonodillieono said:

I fucking hate store street. Victoria Warehouse was miles better for the who nights

i beg to differ, but to each their own.  (not least cos store street is walking distance from my home and vic warehouse is fucking miles out of the city :) )

vic is better for gigs though, that main room is huge.

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

i beg to differ, but to each their own.  (not least cos store street is walking distance from my home and vic warehouse is fucking miles out of the city :) )

vic is better for gigs though, that main room is huge.

The Albert Hall would have been the best option.

No point crying over spilt milk, I will see them again next year (Hopefully at Glasto)

I am tempted to go BBk, especially with them and Hot Chip on. It would mean not going Dublin to watch The Roses though, which is already booked and paid for.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The Albert Hall would have been the best option.

No point crying over spilt milk, I will see them again next year (Hopefully at Glasto)

I am tempted to go BBk, especially with them and Hot Chip on. It would mean not going Dublin to watch The Roses though, which is already booked and paid for.

Albert Hall is great, saw Rosin Murphy there last week.

i'm also going to see the Roses in Dublin :) 

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

Albert Hall is great, saw Rosin Murphy there last week.

i'm also going to see the Roses in Dublin :) 

I am unsure what to do at present as I love New Order and Hot Chip more than the Roses. Problem is that I have seen Hot Chip 3 times this year and will probably see New Order 4 times at least on this tour.

One thing is certain, I will never go WHP again. It was always going to take a band like New Order to get me there. After Saturday though, not even Depeche Mode could get me back.

Just now, eastynh said:

I am unsure what to do at present as I love New Order and Hot Chip more than the Roses. Problem is that I have seen Hot Chip 3 times this year and will probably see New Order 4 times at least on this tour.

One thing is certain, I will never go WHP again. It was always going to take a band like New Order to get me there. After Saturday though, not even Depeche Mode could get me back.

Pretty sure it's a new venue next year like if that makes any difference

2 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

I fucking hate store street. Victoria Warehouse was miles better for the who nights

I have to say the opposite, as though Victoria was just soulless tbh....was at last night's gig we manage to get to the barrier to the right of the stage, still could see a fair bit but trying to go to loo/bar before New Order was a nightmare as carnage near the back, so held our ground and hoped to god we didn't need to go to the loo lol

17 hours ago, eastynh said:

I reckon they are more likely for Summer In The City mate. That is the only reason I can think of, as of why they played WHP.

From reading up today there are a lot of people pretty pissed off with the gigs over the weekend. You could not move in there and a lot of people who could not see a thing due to having to stand down the side. It was a pretty woeful set up and I can only think they have done it to play elsewhere under the whp/Park life umbrella.

I don't think they would play Kendal if they play Castlefield although I think they are nailed on for one of them, with Castlefield being the bigger probability.

Does the announcement today for "Sounds of the City" rule NO out for the summer gigs then? Hopefully there might be further announcements. Bloody awful lineup this year, really bad.

13 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Does the announcement today for "Sounds of the City" rule NO out for the summer gigs then? Hopefully there might be further announcements. Bloody awful lineup this year, really bad.

Have just seen the line up and it is terrible. That Hacienda classical thing is a bit of a joke as well.

I think this initial announcement makes NO look likely for Kendal now. Not sure it rules out Castlefield entirely as Noel played it late summer last year. Does not look good though for NO at Castlefield.

Make of this what you will. Interview with Tom and Phil from New Order in this month's Q......

Speaking of festivals, is it true you might be headlining the Other Stage at Glastonbury?

Phil: Glastonbury is a possibility, but we’re not allowed to tell anyone anything anymore.

Tom: So far as I’m aware, nothing is confirmed."

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Make of this what you will. Interview with Tom and Phil from New Order in this month's Q......

Speaking of festivals, is it true you might be headlining the Other Stage at Glastonbury?

Phil: Glastonbury is a possibility, but we’re not allowed to tell anyone anything anymore.

That's a yes if I ever heard one...

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Yeah, it's about time they were added to the rumours page Neil. People have been added for less!

3 hours ago, LeeGalvin said:

Yeah, it's about time they were added to the rumours page Neil. People have been added for less!

it's just about a bit more than 'we'd like to play', so you have your wish. :)

I'm reading that as looking quite likely, actually, tho that's the result of what I'm reading into his words rather than what he's actually said.

Here is a link to the interview if anyone is interested?

It is nice to hear Tom and Phil opinion on things. They have been a bit quiet in the past for obvious reasons. I just hope Hooky does not win this case as I really think that would be the end of them.

In regards to Glasto, I am with Neil on this and it is the 1st solid mention of the festival in regards to New Order. One good thing is that they mention doing things for fun and Bernard et al not needing money.

http://loaded.co.uk/new-order-discuss-peter-hook-and-their-new-album-music-complete/

24 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Just read that, decent read. Nice to see they're busy sorting out festivals and a UK tour. Hopefully a couple of chances to see them then.

I am hoping for a little European jaunt as well. The Berlin gig was well better than the WHP efforts. The set list was also better. It is mad how you get less bang for your buck at home than you do abroad.

Interesting in regards to Technique. Is there another band who does not play one song off what many consider their best album?

Is there anyone going BBK next year? I am extremely tempted to sell my Stone Roses in Dublin ticket and have a trip to Spain for New Order and Hot Chip.