New Order

Zoo Music Girl

not seen them since Cornwall Coliseum in 1984 are they any good these days? I saw Hooky at Festival No.6 last year and enjoyed that.

The quality of New Order live pretty much revolved around what state Bernard was in. He seems to appreciate it more now and New Order are a more professional and polished live prospect. They do encores and generally play the game now. It is arguable that takes away a little of their charm and what made them so different.

I have felt a little sorry for Hooky this week. In this thread I may have down played his contribution to the band, mainly due to getting fed up of the 'No Hooky, no New Order' stuff I kept hearing. He was the man who loved the live aspect and was always giving it 100%. You get the impression Bernard would rather have been in the studio. If this new album had been a bit naff then it may have legitimised what he is doing. It just seems daft him going round on his own playing New Order tunes when New Order still seem pretty vital. It has all turned into a pretty sad situation really, especially when you consider how long then have known each other.

not seen them since Cornwall Coliseum in 1984 are they any good these days? I saw Hooky at Festival No.6 last year and enjoyed that.

Hooky was brilliant last year. He came out in a t-shirt with "legend status" written on it. Which at the end of the set he tore off, chucked it into the crowd and began beating his chest like a gorilla.

Hooky was brilliant last year. He came out in a t-shirt with "legend status" written on it. Which at the end of the set he tore off, chucked it into the crowd and began beating his chest like a gorilla.

Aye. I'll second this. I missed the first couple of songs because he started early. I could hear Love Will Tear Us Apart as I approached the gardens. Got most of it though. Temptation and Ceremony were phenomenal.

have you watched it? Do they mention festivals next summer?

Yes I watched it. It is more about the new album really. No mention of festivals but I have definitely heard Bernard say that they would be playing festivals next year, It may have been on Lauren Laverne's (sp?) 6 music show.

They are headlining a festival in Hong Kong next month with Chic, so festivals are on the agenda.

They might be Festival No. 6's first repeat headliners. And I don't think I'd be too upset with that.

I think it will be Glastonbury, Summer In The City (Think they are nailed on for this, hence why only playing WHP). Kendal Calling would also make sense as well but not sure a band would play Castleford and Kendal.

Will keep an eye out for their jaunts abroad as well.

Love that new track. Great return to form. That Joy Division documentary is really good. Watched it again last night. Hope New Order do play. Be great to see them again.

Edited by sime

fellas a huge fanboy, me not quite the same but when we saw them a few years ago at Jodrell Bank it was one of the most enjoyable gigs I've been too - the whole day, venue, weather, support, decent ale topped off by New order was great

I think the fella would be in heaven if these guys played :)

fellas a huge fanboy, me not quite the same but when we saw them a few years ago at Jodrell Bank it was one of the most enjoyable gigs I've been too - the whole day, venue, weather, support, decent ale topped off by New order was great

I think the fella would be in heaven if these guys played :)

The Jodrell Bank gig is the best gig I have ever been to in my life. Heard Bernard say on the Jo Wiley show recently that it was the best gig they have ever done. It was the perfect day.

I fell in love with The Whip as well that day, they are a fantastic band and I thought they were the best of the under card that day.

New Order playing would be the ultimate Glastonbury experience for me.

they were pretty good when they headlined Reading in 1989.

Tho I'm not sure that they thought much of the many stood in black not dancing, who were mostly scowling at the not-metal. :lol:

They were fantastic at Reading '93, one of the best festival sets I've seen. It wasn't a metal-fest any more by then, though.

I'd love to see them at Glasto and fully expect them to headline Other stage. Surely they're far too big for JP at a festival like Glastonbury? Possibly subbing Other (as Smashing Pumpkins/Pixies did) but my money's still on headlining it.

They would be wasted subbing any stage. They have not played Glastonbury for 10 years, have a spanking great new album and in all probability it will be their final appearance. There will not be many bands if any that will have a legacy like New Orders at next year's festival. I know I am biased but imo there is no way that they should be a sub. Even if it is West Holes, they should headline.

Edited by eastynh