New Order

Zoo Music Girl

Pretty faulty live act, but the album is superb.

Inconsistent live act would be nearer the truth and that would be wrong now really as they are way more professional.

They were hit and miss back in the day but to give them their due, they played live where as all other electronic bands generally played to backing tapes.

It also did not really help them out that the lead singer would rather be in the studio than on the stage.

Edited by eastynh

It also did not really help them out that the lead singer would rather be in the studio than on the stage.

Vocally he's all over the map and their (broadly speaking) woefully inadequate lyrics only worsen things.

Love the newie though. People say "its their best since Technique" - i think Technique is shite, this is miles better.

Vocally he's all over the map and their (broadly speaking) woefully inadequate lyrics only worsen things.

Love the newie though. People say "its their best since Technique" - i think Technique is shite, this is miles better.

He's no Russel Watson that is for certain and he is no Ian Curtis in the lyrics stakes, but the music and songs speak for themselves. They were ahead of the game, genuine innovators and one of this countries most original and influential acts.

I love the new album, it is fantastic. It is a stretch though to suggest there is anything as good on there as Round n Round, Fine Time, Vanishing Point, Run or Dream Attack. The new album may be stronger over all and sound fresh, but imo anyway the best songs on technique are a few on Technique that could be considered New Order classics

they were pretty good when they headlined Reading in 1989.

Tho I'm not sure that they thought much of the many stood in black not dancing, who were mostly scowling at the not-metal. :lol:

Hehehehe. Reading 89 was my first festival experience, and man was it odd. That switch from lumpen, dreary rock to a more eclective alternative sensibility really confused a lot fo the crowd, it was fucking tremendous, but how bewildering must it have been to loads of the crowd? 

88 had Bonnie Tyler, Meat Loaf, The Godfathers, Runrig, Starship and Squeeze,

89 put Tackhead, Butthole Surfers, Sugarcubes, Green on Red, That Petrol Emotion, Bhundu Boys, Les Negresses Vertes, My Bloody Valentine and Spacemen 3 all on the main stage

Currently listening to new order live on 6music

They sound fucking class. I can't keep my feet still

I am now of the opinion that the only place they should play is headlong the John peel stage with a class light show

It would be brilliant if they did

I saw them last at T in the park in 2012, they headlined the king tuts tent. The best set of the weekend for me the atmosphere was incredible.

John peel headliner would be my choice

I've got it.

Subbing Other Stage on Friday, before LCD Soundystem.

Is this for real? New Order are a legendary British band and one of the most original and influential electronic artists of all time. Added to that they have a spanking new album out and not played Glastonbury for 10 years.

I have given LCD Soundsystem another go after all the hype on here and they are OK, but New Order would totally blow them away. I can not think of one single thing that would justify LCD Soundsystem playing above New Order.

Saw them in 87 on a double bill with Echo and the Bunnymen in US. Cant say I was a big fan beforehand but have been since. Hard to imagine who would have to be on Pyramid for me too miss them headlining one of the alternative stages.

I would hope they would be other stage headliners, just not sure if they have the pull.

In my opinion subbing a stage (other than the Pyramid) is not an option, WH headliners is though.

Too big for JP and they don't feel like a park headliner, again they are are too big.

Other or WH Headliners for me.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Is this for real? New Order are a legendary British band and one of the most original and influential electronic artists of all time. Added to that they have a spanking new album out and not played Glastonbury for 10 years.

I have given LCD Soundsystem another go after all the hype on here and they are OK, but New Order would totally blow them away. I can not think of one single thing that would justify LCD Soundsystem playing above New Order.

You're losing your edge, eastynh

LCD Soundsystem are a bigger, better and more exciting act than New Order, especially if they were to reunite and come to play Glastonbury

(In my opinion)

The only song I remember form LCD was Daft Punk is Playing in my house..... Never liked it personally. Wouldn't bother me were they to show or not.

That song couldn't be less representative of the majority of their output, much as I love it. Listen to All My Friends or Losing My Edge or countless others.