• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello folks, what's been occurring? Actually skip that, the reason I stopped coming in here is because it was a bit of a downer, can't be doing with that. Time to look up from the floor folks. It's nearer to GF than ever before and I can't wait!

No piccies from the farm today as it's wetter than a nun in a candle shop. However I do have a photo of the Boss and Ade Edmondson sun worshipping at the Wassail yesterday. All or part of that sentence may or may not be an out right lie

12376201_10208823407209223_6689325917542

2016 photos will be available soon and I promise as soon as there is any activity of the fete being erected I shall post them here or on twitter.

So all hail the sun gods - we'll be in June befores you knows it.

Love Life Live and hippy shit to all

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Hello folks, what's been occurring? Actually skip that, the reason I stopped coming in here is because it was a bit of a downer, can't be doing with that. Time to look up from the floor folks. It's nearer to GF than ever before and I can't wait!

No piccies from the farm today as it's wetter than a nun in a candle shop. However I do have a photo of the Boss and Ade Edmondson sun worshipping at the Wassail yesterday. All or part of that sentence may or may not be an out right lie

12376201_10208823407209223_6689325917542

2016 photos will be available soon and I promise as soon as there is any activity of the fete being erected I shall post them here or on twitter.

So all hail the sun gods - we'll be in June befores you knows it.

Love Life Live and hippy shit to all

Good to see you back, lovely :) 

38 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Nice one deebeedoobee. Both for the nun image and the image of he who should be Prime Minister.

Curious though - why was coming on here a downer?

Cos this thread evolved from a place of daft praising of the weather gods into some sort of therapy group for people's ills.

19 hours ago, slodge said:

your lovely face being 6 inch platform goth boots...........  I really Must get a urgent appointment at opticians. :) 

ignore that quote, I don't know why it's there!!

Hello Dee! Lovely to see you, and that's a great pic :) I agree, we need much more sun worship. Let's try and stick to what we're here for! 

With that in mind, it's chilly here today. Those pics from the farm are lovely to see :)

23 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're not T. Almost all of us have used this thread to let off steam from time to time.

Well loads have anyway. I have.

Ive actively encouraged it though and until now i wasnt aware by doing so i have been making people who used to regulaly post in here not want to post in here

Now, let's just hang on here a fucking second! 

I personally read Dee's post earlier as meaning she had found the discussion of David Bowie (who she greatly admired) a bit difficult to read, so she had avoided the forum for a bit. Not sure now if that's what she meant, or not (maybe she'll let us know). 

However, I've had troubles from time to time, and have found the support I've received from those on here invaluable. Yes, I like to post daft comments and 'what I'm listening to while I'm cooking' posts, but I also like the fact that the NFR NFC bunch are there for me if I need a boost, and I also try to do likewise if anyone else needs it. 

The day anyone is told off for posting on this thread about things that bother them, is the day it stops being the thread I thought it was. 

So yes, let's post daft posts and praise the weather gods, but let's not stop caring about each other. 

lovely lovely pics thank you ............156 days so are we all agreed on the weather or are we still talking about baking and all other stuff lol ...................no fucking rain

no fucking compromise

Gumby, no one is saying you can't post problems and get support. I for one have gotten it in the past. The difference is not constantly. The thread just went less fun and finbarrs. I miss Finbarr Friday and Sweary Saturday and general silliness interspersed with real life shit.

Thing is, this thread is based on frivolity and that was the main purpose. Not real life shit with a sprinking of frivolity. I listen to enough at work. I come here for light relief and a bit of naughty banter and finbarrs a go go and of course weather worship. If its just going to be about the banality of life I can get plenty of that elsewhere and for me its not the thread I thought it was. p.s, its not one person in particular, its just the general mood of the thread of late.

Oh and I love the cooking with.... and seriously think you need to do a blog with the recipes. Let me know when you've sorted that out. :D

Edited by H.M.V

Guys Guys Guys....please all I meant was can we please have some posts that involve the happy things in peoples lives

No I am not saying people should not post when they are unhappy/need help/want to moan

No I am not blaming anyone

I just think that the thread that started with silliness and praising is suffering from S.A.D. Time to lighten things up a bit.

For fucks sake someone must be having a little joy in their life??? Share we wanna know.

I want today to be like this

doggy.jpg.7271beaad2882a5fc4211aee41601a

even though I feel like this

great_dane_on_chair-full.jpg.2ab8cfa78fb

Sometimes it is nigh on impossible to post silliness etc when real life shit has taken you to places you would rather not have visited and never want to visit again.

It seems that lots who post here have had real life shit over recent weeks/months so the thread has probably seemed more 'down' than it ever has but when I took time to catch up I saw the help offered (not to me but to others) and that made me feel a little bit better.

Anyway, to carry the theme along here is a silly pic:

elephant.jpg

When I really feel like:

980x.jpg

and could do with a

Animals_Elephant_Depressed_82546_detail_

in the 

sunshine_145918109.jpg

NFR NFC

Til the next time.