NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

Well that was interesting!

Yet more medication. Various swabs taken for tests (news in 48 hours) and referral on to yet another consultant - this time guts, intestines and general digestion!

Maybe they might find the root cause of many of 'what ails me' and sort that so all the rest sorts too.

Meanwhile I am more or less back at square one but with more things rattling inside me.

My boar person is stuck in traffic - hopefully will be here soon.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all,

Long time no see, I have no chance of reading all the pages since I last was on.

I just wanted to wish you all well and hope those who are hail and hearty keep that way, and those who aren't manage to become so.

Here's a sunrise.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by jeffie

1609588_10152983843424625_1884101595_n.j

I know Iceland isn't overly summery, but this is a Icelandic horse, I like them because they have hairstyles and look happy. They also like putting their backside to the wind to. 

1011794_10152983849729625_2048754435_n.j

And here is the Blue Lagoon, beautiful, even if it is their because of a geothermal power station. It was about 3pm and the sun was starting to set. Was a good few years ago when we went, but a beautiful country, with lovely people.

Hope we are all good - I still haven't gone back through this thread. 

Edited by sheffieldlady

13 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Afternoon all :)

so, does anyone else like mince pies?

5 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Nope

4 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Yes Gumby, I do, how many have you got left? 

Oh dear, split opinion already! The reason I asked is this: I spectacularly failed to get to sleep for ages last night, my brain picking over all sorts of pointless topics. One of them was the subject of what booze to take to glasto. Last year I remember Curlygirl's cherry bakewell being very popular. At Christmas I made a spiced whisky drink that (to me at least) tasted of mince pies, and I was considering making more for June. 

What other pudding-themed concoctions could I try? Peach Melba? Sticky Toffee? Tiramisu? Hmmm....need to give it some thought. 

27 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Oh dear, split opinion already! The reason I asked is this: I spectacularly failed to get to sleep for ages last night, my brain picking over all sorts of pointless topics. One of them was the subject of what booze to take to glasto. Last year I remember Curlygirl's cherry bakewell being very popular. At Christmas I made a spiced whisky drink that (to me at least) tasted of mince pies, and I was considering making more for June. 

What other pudding-themed concoctions could I try? Peach Melba? Sticky Toffee? Tiramisu? Hmmm....need to give it some thought. 

Peach Melba booze! Yum! Or raspberry pavlova? Strawberry cheesecake? Some late night cant sleep ideas are brilliant! 

34 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I'll try any booze once mr G, how else would you know if you liked it or not

Of the options you've listed i'd guess my preference would be the peach melba, i do like a nice peach

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Afternoon all :)

so, does anyone else like mince pies?

I do!!!!! Made some cracking ones with loads of cherries in and shed loads of brandy (let the filling soak in brandy first)......no advisable to eat prior to driving as they were bloody strong!!!!!

12 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Ok, Peach Melba might be a goer, maybe I'll have a flick through some cookbooks later, see if I get any other ideas. A couple of others I've just thought of are Apple Crumble or Pecan Pie. 

I think the best i'll be able to come up with for the meet is to buy a range of alchol and just pour them into 1 bottle

I do like the groups creativity though

Hi All

I've been very tardy and not posted here since I think before Christmas ... so sorry. Hope everyones OK, and getting back on their feet post the festive period

Just starting to plan the year in my head (Well the first 6 months), and trying to get fitter. I had a stupid idea of doing a 5 week crossfit trial a week ago, and now 4 classes in cannot walk down stairs or hold a hairdryer to dry my hair. Tried hot yoga yesterday again to try to ease the pain, that didn;t work so tried a 2.5 hour cliff path walk to loosen off, nope fail fail fail. I am definately one of the oldest, most unfit people in the classes. They scale the exercises down and I still cannot do them so some have to be double scaled !!! On the plus side I've lost 7lb in the last two weeks lol

Anyone got any fool proof ways to stop these olf muscles from aching

On another note I have a hankering to visit the farm over Easter and walk around, visit the tor, the abbey etc and do all those things I never get the chance to do in June. Can fly into Southampton (Bristol flights are a silly price) . Managed (I hope) to find a B&B in Glastonbury town. For anyone local - what 'must I do' when in the area? Can you walk around the site pretty easily ? And where is good to eat/drink ? So excited to potentially do all those things I never usually get the chance to do !

Thanks

FF

xx

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Anyone got any fool proof ways to stop these olf muscles from aching

Can you walk around the site pretty easily ?

Answer to second one is easy - Yes you can

Muscles..... best methods are a cold/ice bath, or slow stretches after exercise for around 20 minutes - do not just stop exercise and sit down.

The next day start the day with gentle stretches to get the muscles working again.

Also during exercise breath deeply in through the nose to get oxygen in the blood and that should help too.

After a while the muscle ache will not happen as much as your body gets used to it

right you lovely people, this is a good place to hide this question ... so please don't go mentioning it anywhere else for the moment....

Any ideas for which band might use the pseudonym 'The Carrot Spies'?

Google isn't much use, and the only suggestion coming from it isn't a band this could be about from the things that have been said to us.

All ideas gratefully received. :)

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

right you lovely people, this is a good place to hide this question ... so please don't go mentioning it anywhere else for the moment....

Any ideas for which band might use the pseudonym 'The Carrot Spies'?

Google isn't much use, and the only suggestion coming from it isn't a band this could be about from the things that have been said to us.

All ideas gratefully received. :)

Are we talking headliner kinda band or not?