NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

right you lovely people, this is a good place to hide this question ... so please don't go mentioning it anywhere else for the moment....

Any ideas for which band might use the pseudonym 'The Carrot Spies'?

Google isn't much use, and the only suggestion coming from it isn't a band this could be about from the things that have been said to us.

All ideas gratefully received. :)

The Thompson Twins? Spies = detectives, Thompson and Thompson were detectives and the band was named after them and one of them is a 'carrot top'!!

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not if you're thinking Coldplay.

Tho if you are thinking Coldplay, I'd love to know how The Carrot Spies links back to them cos I can't find the link (that's the google suggestion).

Coldplay have a song called spies and chris martin used to be vegitarian?

Was reading The Guardian online this afternoon and a window popped up inviting me to take part in a survey on the Glastonbury Festival.

It was a Guardian official survey so I followed the link and one of the first questions was: "Which age group do you fall into?"

It could have been a question on drinking habits to which the answer might have been that I could stumble into whichever age group I'm closest to when I've had too many.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

right you lovely people, this is a good place to hide this question ... so please don't go mentioning it anywhere else for the moment....

Any ideas for which band might use the pseudonym 'The Carrot Spies'?

Google isn't much use, and the only suggestion coming from it isn't a band this could be about from the things that have been said to us.

All ideas gratefully received. :)

A couple of ideas, Neil, but they're both pretty thin. 

1. Goldie lookin' chain? Carrot could be a misspelling of Karat (reference to gold), and spies tend to do a fair bit of looking. Don't know where the 'chain' comes in!

2. Rage against the machine? Tom Morello goes by the pseudonym of 'The Nightwatchman', and carrots are associated with night vision, while 'watchman' vaguely equates to 'spy'. I know they're on hiatus at the moment, but it's hardly unheard of for a band to reappear unexpectedly. 

As I said, both pretty thin. 

6 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

A couple of ideas, Neil, but they're both pretty thin. 

1. Goldie lookin' chain? Carrot could be a misspelling of Karat (reference to gold), and spies tend to do a fair bit of looking. Don't know where the 'chain' comes in!

On the same note, I might as well post what I've got.. Carat (for diamonds), Karat (for gold) leads to -

Prince (Diamonds & Pearls)
Rhianna (Diamonds)
Stone Roses (Fools Gold)

Amongst others.. Probably none of which are right, of course.

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Try a swearing irish women telling you to get the feck over here.

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I got distracted by something. Can't remember what exactly but I got there in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

You always get distracted. You get distracted by anything. 

I'd just chuck something sparkly across the field past her, she'd forget I even existed and leave me to it!