Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I don't think mead will be on the menu this year, but I'm sure I can brew something up. :) Snacks may well be possible, as I'll be coming in the village gate, so I won't have a long walk. I shall have to give some thought to what to bring!

Your mead was bloody delicious. No finbarr intended! 

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was filling in a work plan booklet not so long ago. It really is a joke. I just wrote the same things down for each week and the people at the Job Centre just signed it without looking. One thing I did learn is that they have a training fund. I managed to get on a course which they paid for which was just over £1K. There might be a course out there within your chosen sphere which could help you get a job. It's worth looking in to I'd say. If you do find the course then you have to prove that there's jobs in the industry out there for them to justify the expense. Then it's a case of trawling all the job sites etc and printing off the job adverts for the field you are in. I created a well presented package to justify going on the course and they ran with it. It might have helped that just prior to this I wrote a letter to the Job Centre Manager praising their staff for treating me like a person rather than a number. They were right behind me after that and got me on to the course. Just a thought. Good luck.

Thanks for that Yoghurt.I wasn't aware of the training budget and I will look into it. If anything, it will give me something to do and strengthen my CV. I can also see why they would treat everyone the same, I imagine they came into the job wanting to change things and really help people in their job search, but given that they are trying to follow government orders and a system that seems really dated, I can understand why they wouldn't be overly passionate about their jobs. Thanks again for the tip - will look into it :)

12 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Matty, I'll be asking for the naughty step to be brought back by the way. 

Nekkid dancing videos indeed. Harrumph

(puts nettles onto packing list for Glasto)

I liked the naughty step. Everyone I met there was honest, said what they meant and was able to communicate.

I will gladly go back there rather than have to carry on with the crap the real world has to offer.

So to that end - videos wanted please.

8 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Yeah, whats the fucking deal with the mead? FFS Gumballs. That delicious yummy I want to drink the bottle mmmmmmmmmm mead. Fess up Mr! 

Sorry, all my fermenting jars are in use at the moment, and when they're free I won't have time to make mead before June. I'll definitely bring something along, I'm just not sure what yet. 

Apologies for the brevity (some might breathe a sigh of relief) of this whistle-stop post, folks.

Busy day and my niece is playing in the Schools National Indoor Hockey finals at the posh school in my town!

RunBennyRun Blog:

Today's session:  Long Run - 9 miles at marathon pace + 45sec per mile

Impression:  Hard, partly because I wore a different pair of shoes compared to normal, and they are definitely not my marathon shoe...but decent run, albeit me struggling to stick to the required pace, as I always run a bit too quickly...

Just off to make a parka daal for tonight's tea. No, really!

Ben

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Apologies for the brevity (some might breathe a sigh of relief) of this whistle-stop post, folks.

Busy day and my niece is playing in the Schools National Indoor Hockey finals at the posh school in my town!

RunBennyRun Blog:

Today's session:  Long Run - 9 miles at marathon pace + 45sec per mile

Impression:  Hard, partly because I wore a different pair of shoes compared to normal, and they are definitely not my marathon shoe...but decent run, albeit me struggling to stick to the required pace, as I always run a bit too quickly...

Just off to make a parka daal for tonight's tea. No, really!

Ben

I demand an essay!

I have wine but no fire. Did exam, walked dogs and it was rather cold so jumped into bed. I'm still in my lovely bed listening to the radio. They had the second part of an homage to Bowie which I had been listening to last week. So was deeply unhappy once I had heard the news with one eye open on a Monday morning. He was our go to artist on a cheese and port and boogie late night debauched night in Cheshire. it saddens me greatly i will never see him live. 

Anyway, life is fucking awesome at the moment and its gonna get so much better in the coming months. Fingers crossed for a pass and I'll be over the moon. :D

No nekkid dancing tonight, would take me a week to get all the layers off. Soz Matty. 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hard, partly because I wore a different pair of shoes compared to normal, and they are definitely not my marathon shoe.

High heels really do slow you down don't they? :)

I was going to say that I've never been artificially elevated, but can now see my mistake. What I mean is that I've never known what it's like to wear platforms. That is until relatively recently (if we are talking in yearly terms) when I aquired a pair of zebra skin platforms. I've only given them a home run so far, but really ought to take them out for a spin. See you down the Accident & Emergency Unit.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was going to say that I've never been artificially elevated, but can now see my mistake. What I mean is that I've never known what it's like to wear platforms. That is until relatively recently (if we are talking in yearly terms) when I aquired a pair of zebra skin platforms. I've only given them a home run so far, but really ought to take them out for a spin. See you down the Accident & Emergency Unit.

Recipe to end up in A&E with a twisted ankle as I have twice in my most fabulous purple velvet platforms. Too fabulous not to wear but too treacherous to wear with alcohol involved or any other party enhancers 

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I love you, Yog, but we really don't see patients over 16 years old, and you're just over...

:)

Ben