Anyone else got Glastonbury blues/comedown?

Matt42

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit the wall tonight. Now feeling quite low. Don't want to watch Glasto footage as they will make me worse. Unsure whether to give into these feelings now or wait until o arrive home properly on Friday, where I'll be met with an empty flat until Tuesday. One of the few occasions I don't necessarily enjoy my solitude.

Felt the tears come down my face 2 or 3 times at random moments on Sunday. Hozier, Lional, Jamie T and then walking out during the who. Watched footage back yesterday and again it happened at various points. Now at work and all i can do is read these forums and look through my photos. I miss it so much already, and i say this every year just like the Eavis family do but this year really was the best! 

Roll on Pilton Party! 

Hmmmmm…. I’m slightly suspicious that I don’t feel worse! I got back to my tent at 5am on Monday, then decided to pack and paid National Express a fiver to ‘upgrade’ me to the 6am bus, instead of going to bed and waiting until 9.30am.  Was home in London by 11am!

Considering all this, I’ve cancelled my day’s holiday and am back in work on the Tues for the first time since 1998, listening to Hot Chip’s set! Am sure it will all get me sooner or later though (not looking forward to 35 degrees tomorrow!).

Didn't have a problem this year, back home, straight in the shower, unpacked and put away, washing on.  Just the usual feeling of tight muscles and glastonbury cough this morning, will probably go for a walk as a chair feels a bit wrong.

Feel well sad - always do. Hard to not after that great party. Back in work sucks, but the hard part is over now - the morning. Got some Glastonbury highlights playing, helping me, but also making me well up!!

Feel sad - keep looking at the webcam.  Went by so fast!  Keep thinking, "this time last week.....".  All the build up and planning, and it went by in a flash. Was absolutely fantastic though.  Now the dreaded Sunday morning in October to come.

I always take a few days off to recover and get back into normal life. Took me a good five minutes to make a coffee this morning as I've not prepared my own food and drink for a week!

Don't tend to get too much of a come down. Would be worse if I knew festival was still on, but knowing the site is slowly slipping back into the Somerset countryside to recharge itself is a comfort.

After unpacking and washing going to spend the afternoon listing new bands I saw and tracking down their music. See the festival as the start of new musical discoveries and its exciting following those up

The emotions kicked in on Sunday. The Dalai Lama coming out with Patti got me welling up then later I saw Death Cab For Cutie and them finishing with Transatlanticism was the straw that broke the camels back. Luckily I had sunglasses on and it was in the JP Tent so managed to keep the tears unnoticed. I then log on to these forums last night to see the story of ColdSideOfThe Pillow and Kallifire which was heart warming to read.

I can see a few people have noticed it but it was certainly my favourite ever yet. Bittersweet moment watching The Libertines. Ended up dancing around and chatting with a girl which turned in to an embrace and a kiss. Ended up losing her in the crowd when I tried going to the toilet and then going back to meet her. One of those times I wish I was just a little bit more sober so that I could have caught my bearings better. Didn't get a name or a number which did bug me for the rest of the weekend. Just a petit brunette with longish wavey hair who was standing to the left hand side of the Pyramid; sort of sound stage distance back, early 20's. I guess I'm already seeing/hoping if someone happens to be connected to her on here! Says the guy wearing sunglasses, a sky blue bandana, black skinny jeans, slipping in mud every few minutes due to wearing converse rather than wellies (cue cheering from the crowd on each fall) :-)

I really do hate coming back to reality, it truly is like everyone around me is living on a different planet. I always feel I can't explain to people what such an amazing place it is because you just have to live it for yourself.

The great thing about Glastonbury is anything goes, you wear what you like, say what you like and do what you like and noone, literally noone judges you. So many stories and so many memories and we get to live in the past in a way for a short 5 days.

I was sitting up in the small world tent in Green futures Monday morning listening to someone called Martha Tilston...She sang a song called artificial. Sums my mood up today.

What a fantastic incredible 2015. I hope you all feel better soon and roll on 359 days i think it is until we hopefully get to go again!