Glastonbury pint glasses

KING BURRIW

...cept some crew kept keeping their own glass every pint and getting new ones each time (selling them on eBay (twats)) - so the one cup recycling didn't really work :fie: - they need to be plain perhaps - which is a shame. It certainly made the crew areas cleaner though so it's a great idea that needs a bit of work

Edited by 5co77ie

...cept some crew kept keeping their own glass every pint and getting new ones each time (selling them on eBay (twats)) - so the one cup recycling didn't really work :fie: - they need to be plain perhaps - which is a shame. It certainly made the crew areas cleaner though so it's a great idea that needs a bit of work

I'm being dense here I'm sure, but why are they twats?  It was a deposit scheme wasn't it, and they were paying a deposit each time weren't they?  I know that at beer festivals and Christmas markets it's usually mentioned that I can keep the cup/glass as a memento if I like.  So hadn't they 'bought' their cups in effect?

Can't deny that's kinda twatish opportunism, But if they took them off site with them it worked. The point is to reduce the cardboard cup waste, if people want to save Glastonbury even more money by saving them having to even recycle the plastic cups then that works too.

Do you know where you could get these from. Seen people with them but couldnt find them myself

I used the West Holts crew bar regularly and these seemed to be the only option, not a paper cup in sight but I've got 4 different ones now, one of each variety which I've brought home as a reminder of good times had (sad I know)

I used the West Holts crew bar regularly and these seemed to be the only option, not a paper cup in sight but I've got 4 different ones now, one of each variety which I've brought home as a reminder of good times had (sad I know)

I didn't realise there was more than one variety.

I'm being dense here I'm sure, but why are they twats?  It was a deposit scheme wasn't it, and they were paying a deposit each time weren't they?  I know that at beer festivals and Christmas markets it's usually mentioned that I can keep the cup/glass as a memento if I like.  So hadn't they 'bought' their cups in effect?

twats for selling them on eBay, profiteering from Glastonbury always seems wrong to me. They'll be selling the mud and air from the locations of appearances of Kanye next - oh wait.

I've no issue with people collecting the series, but collecting armfuls - when when you took your cup back it would be swapped for a clean new one - seems to missing the point, although I do agree at least it's not making waste and going home with them.

Edited by 5co77ie

We wandered into a bar in Block 9 on Thursday afternoon and ordered a beer. We were a bit surprised that beer was £1 a pint cheaper but we had to pay that £1 for a plastic cup. Only realised that it was a crew bar after we took a seat. No-one challenged us on the way in or at the bar. Upshot is we now have two nice Glasto cups for summer drinking at home!

Agree with this, although I also thought that quite a few people didnt know they had bought them, there were some left lying around at West Holts Bar, not sure if they were people who were just in for the day, or whether they missed the info?  They didnt last long as the former folk pocketed them as well!!

Edited by stuwilky

Agree with this, although I also thought that quite a few people didnt know they had bought them, there were some left lying around at West Holts Bar, not sure if they were people who were just in for the day, or whether they missed the info?  They didnt last long as the former folk pocketed them as well!!

I found one in a bin in the Green Fields. Some people definitely didn't realise you were supposed to hang on to them!

It does seem to be frowned upon on here, but I think the paper cup deposit schemes work well. Might be an option perhaps?

GFL rejected that system a few years ago as the WBC did have plans to run it .

as it transpired they were not used in every crew bar as for sure we were using paper cups in the WBC crew Bar but there was lots floating about and I know that some public bars were handing them out although how many they had I cant say - some of the crew who walked in with them claimed they were handed out free - I passed them onto friends who collect them.

From my experience they were used in nearly all the crew bars and the hospitality/backstage bars at West Holts and the Park. They were nice cups and the system worked well enough (you could swap your cup for a token if you didn't want to carry it around). People kept asking us how we could get them, so even if people kept them as a souvenir it will generate a bit more money. I guess this will be site wide next year.