Sub to be added?

Matt42

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people are moaning that Elbow would be a safe booking and a repeat of last year... Gates open in SIX DAYS!

I would understand the moaning if they had been rumoured back before the lineup came out, but Christ guys, what do you expect at such late notice? The Eavis's are going to have to call in some favours and to be honest at this late notice I find it impressive that they have managed to find someone to step in at all, no matter who it turns out to be!!

I can't believe people are moaning that Elbow would be a safe booking and a repeat of last year... Gates open in SIX DAYS!

I would understand the moaning if they had been rumoured back before the lineup came out, but Christ guys, what do you expect at such late notice? The Eavis's are going to have to call in some favours and to be honest at this late notice I find it impressive that they have managed to find someone to step in at all, no matter who it turns out to be!!

I can't believe I'm going to say this....

The Stereophonics would be a more interesting booking than an act playing the same spot and set 3 times in 4 festivals.

Dear god.

You would always get someone.

If they couldnt get someone worthy of a sub slot, they could move Motorhead up to sub. Someone would definitely come in at some point in the line up.

Personally, I'd just move everyone up a slot and stick Biggles Wartime Band in at about 2pm.

You would always get someone.

If they couldnt get someone worthy of a sub slot, they could move Motorhead up to sub. Someone would definitely come in at some point in the line up.

Personally, I'd just move everyone up a slot and stick Biggles Wartime Band in at about 2pm.

Still think Motörhead subbing would be a terrible idea. For many average attendees Motörhead are a novelty act. The Ace of Spades will amuse but the vast majority won't know much else, fine for earlier in the day but disastrous for a sub.

also anyone that doesn't like The Take Off and Landing of Everything can come outside and we'll sort this out like men

It's a very pleasant album. Fly Boy Blue, My Sad Captains - really strong additions to the Elbow canon.

3 times in 4 festivals though?

What a terrible state of affairs when a fantastic band can't be scheduled too high on The Pyramid for fear of taking some morons out of their comfort zone for an hour.

But there is obviously a lot  of thought that goes into the scheduling to ensure that us 'morons' can build up to a crescendo of enjoyment  toward the end of the evening. I'm looking forward to seeing motorhead myself but don't think they would fit in that slot.