It's Florence

fatyeti24

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised her move to headlining means we will probably get some older tracks like Rabbit Heart and Kiss With a Fist... choice between her and Hot Chip not looking so obvious any more. Both touring later in the year, might have to grab tickets for whichever one I miss.

We don't know if they have paid the Foos in advanced or if they are just donating more money to their chosen charities. 

Come on. The field will be busy for Florence. There's more people going who don't come on forums or social media who will be happy that she has a longer set.

Got nothing against Florence getting moved up, I'm sure she'll do a good job.

Probably not Liam, well hoping not, but I thought they would have announced it altogether to appease people.  It just seems as though the money not spent on the Foo's isn't getting put back into the festival at the moment.  Hopefully we do get a good surprise though.

And I know I'm good but I'm not quite Jesus!

I don't understand this attitude though.

You seem to assume it's easy to book a headline act at a week's notice... acts who have their own tours and commitments already in place.

What exactly is Emily meant to do?

Just because another act doesn't have a gig that night doesn't mean they are available to headline Glasto.

Moving up a sub to headline the festival is nothing new and I'm sure it'll happen again.

People whingeing about being short-changed are talking shite in all honesty.

If The Foo Fighters were going to make or break your Glasto then that's sad

Edit: I've just seen your later post... I might add that Florence is not my idea of a Glasto headliner either but that's on the grounds of taste more than anything. She will likely put on a show that fans of hers will think is brilliant.

Edited by Space Shanty

im not a hater BUT i dont like her nor her screamy shouty warbly machine.

i wasnt going to watch her nor will i now but i was really looking forward to the foos.

ok it cant be helped, accidents etc.

i would rather they took some time, rather than rush the selection.

at least the Eavis's wont miss out on any money, wont have to pay for the foos, dont get a replacement, dont have to pay any of the punters off, kerching!

im not a hater BUT i dont like her nor her screamy shouty warbly machine.

i wasnt going to watch her nor will i now but i was really looking forward to the foos.

ok it cant be helped, accidents etc.

i would rather they took some time, rather than rush the selection.

at least the Eavis's wont miss out on any money, wont have to pay for the foos, dont get a replacement, dont have to pay any of the punters off, kerching!

Took some time? The festival is next week....

I'm actually quite glad it's Florence and the Machine, not because I'm going to watch her (really not a fan), but because it now makes my Friday night decision a lot easier. I was in two minds about watching the Foo Fighters or giving something else a try as I'm a big fan of them but would have been seeing them on Friday and have seen them a lot before. now can just have a look and see what takes my fancy.

Well all i can say it that its a good job social media wasn't around when Pulp stood in for the Stone Roses - imagine the vitriol then. Instead the rest was history. 

Florence and the machine have just produced an excellent album - by far their best and what an opportunity to show it off. This could be the making of them. 

Having said that i hope the rest of the day's bill is added to, otherwise there will be a perception that the organisers have taken a cheap option, the money saved from the foos can go to book a couple of decent bands to play after motorhead, and the remainder swell the coffers of greenpeace, oxfam etc. i'm sure no one would have a problem with that

Just realised her move to headlining means we will probably get some older tracks like Rabbit Heart and Kiss With a Fist... choice between her and Hot Chip not looking so obvious any more. Both touring later in the year, might have to grab tickets for whichever one I miss.

Both made it into the setlist at her last proper-length show:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/florence-the-machine/2015/blue-hills-bank-pavilion-boston-ma-3c9d113.html

:)

Yeah saw that, set looks verrry strong with all those big tracks. Having looked at Hot Chip dates they've for a Bristol gig I could easily get to as well. Was a bit underwhelmed when I saw that Florence was bumped up but after reconsidering and listening to that fantastic new album again I'm leaning towards seeing her.

That said 3 nights at the pyramid for my first ever Glasto is probably not the cool thing to do. Oh well.

I just wanted to say I think this is fab.

Just started giving the new album a spin now, but it's great to see someone new and interesting headlining rather than the old guard.

Still wish it had been Daltry&al who had to pull out - foos, kanye and florence would have been a hellaexciting headline set whatever personal taste dictates

Not going to Glastonbury, but had tickets for the Foo's at Murrayfield so i'm gutted as hotel etc was booked, holiday of work etc.

If i was going to Glastonbury though i would have had a headache over who to see on the Friday the foos or Alabama3 on the glade stage, i would probably went with Alabama3, ihave been to a few awesome gigs they have done. With FATM on the Friday, there would be no contest where i would be.

People saying her new album's great? It's pap and not a patch on the first and only marginally better than the abysmal second. She also CANNOT SING LIVE.

To be fair, i've seen her once and she was really good. But she's obviously only getting this push because she's one of these well-connected middle class white girls who gets all these opportunities by default. Talent is a secondary factor. As a society we have been conditioned to accept this.