Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last night proved that City are still ultra reliant on 2 players when playing top teams. Aguero & Kompany.

I was very unimpressed with Silva, almost gave the ball away every time he got it. Probably the worst I've ever seen him play.

I still think city have flattered to deceive so far this season. Obviously a top team but isn't infallible by a long way.

while their signings may or may not have been what they needed, do you really think they'll end up in 4th? :blink:

Who is going to be above them?

Lecister:-)

Seriously, i think only Arsenal are playing with any verve other than City out of the top 4 clubs this season. Chelsea maybe based on history of the players and manager but they need to sort their shit out asap. Utd made a mistake with their strike options, so they will limp into top 4 i think...

Edited by zahidf

Think that says more about the rest of the PL than Man City. 

How serious i Kompany's injury? That could change things if he's out for a while

It didn't look that serious. He was sprinting right up until he came off. Max 2 weeks out I would guess, but might only miss this weekend I reckon. I think they are just super cautious when it comes to him now - any slight strain and they don't risk it.  

Wasn't the introduction Otamendi would have been wanting though

Lecister:-)

Seriously, i think only Arsenal are playing with any verve other than City out of the top 4 clubs this season. Chelsea maybe based on history of the players and manager but they need to sort their shit out asap. Utd made a mistake with their strike options, so they will limp into top 4 i think...

If Arsenal beat Chelsea on Saturday, I'd say they are done or at least very near to being done. Which is shocking, I know its supposedly tough to get repeat wins, but this must be one of the worst defences of a title.

Still don't think City have had many tougher games yet

Huge huge game at the weekend. Amazing to say it in mid September but if Chelsea lose and City beat West Ham Chelsea are pretty much done. 14 points behind, having already lost to City.

Actually even if its a draw and City win its 13 points. Not great having that much pressure on the players so early in the season.

Edited by The Nal

Actually even if its a draw and City win its 13 points. Not great having that much pressure on the players so early in the season.

Mourinho has never won titles when chasing either. He loves to be top and hold off challengers. Its crazy how quickly things have fallen apart at Chelsea.

In other Chelsea news, I have been offered a trade in my draft fantasy league with mates. Fabregas for Firmino (I have Firmino). What are peoples thoughts? Both can only improve, but I'm torn on who I think will come out on top.

Mourinho has never won titles when chasing either. He loves to be top and hold off challengers. Its crazy how quickly things have fallen apart at Chelsea.

In other Chelsea news, I have been offered a trade in my draft fantasy league with mates. Fabregas for Firmino (I have Firmino). What are peoples thoughts? Both can only improve, but I'm torn on who I think will come out on top.

I would go with the known quantity of Fabregas. At least you know he has the capability of performing in the premiership while Firminio is the unknown quantitiy.

I can't see Chelsea being out of the top 2.

Hmmm, it's hard to see how they'd stand a chance of being that high, unless they have a truly remarkable revival.

They've already lost as many games as last year. If they continue with last year's form from now it probably won't be enough to get them that high

(I haven't actually done the maths, but it must be in the right ball-park).

Oh my oh my oh my...bundesliga tv fixtures have been announced for when I am looking at going (20th November). Original plan needs tweaking but looks like I might be able to take in 3 games:

Hamburg v Dortmund on the Friday night

Cologne v Mainz on Saturday

Hertha Berlin v Hoffenheim on Sunday

Not booked anything quite yet but looks as though the flights and trains work time wise and are pretty cheap too...

Swapped the Cologne match for Wolfsburg v Werder Bremen - made far more sense travel wise.

Have to wait a few weeks to get match tickets but the flights and train tickets booked :)

Been to Berlin before but never Hamburg or Wolfsburg - anyone got any knowledge that would be helpful?

Edited by TheGayTent

Hmmm, it's hard to see how they'd stand a chance of being that high, unless they have a truly remarkable revival.

They've already lost as many games as last year. If they continue with last year's form from now it probably won't be enough to get them that high

(I haven't actually done the maths, but it must be in the right ball-park).

Not really that remarkable, especially when you think all they really need is to finish above United and arsenal.

Indeed.

What is going on at The Bridge anyway? Just a bad run or any inside goss to share?

No inside info but i reckon it's a combo of a few things. 

1) Late start to pre-season meaning most players weren't match fit for the first couple of games

2) Decreasing confidence following the first poor results

3) Tough fixture list

4) Fabregas, Hazard  & Ivanovic being in shocking form and Jose refusing to drop them

5) A little bit of bad luck

6) Lack of a big signing to really shake up the first XI

7) Physiogate

8) Oscar being injured. He's such an underrated player - when he plays well, the whole team do

Hoping we might have turned a corner after tonight but I won't hold my breath

Edited by Celery

Diego Costa is the real scum of the earth.

Edit: Chelsea should have had a pen too so evens out maybe.

No chance a pen, and no way is that a evening out.

I've always been against video replays but my opinion has been altered somewhat today. Absolute shocking game of football and I've never been so disappointing at a football match before in my life