Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can blame the player for the reduced performances or you can blame the club for mis-using him, take your pick.

Being played in a different position effects your ability to put the ball in the net with just the keeper to beat now does it?

Meanwhile a club rated him as i said they would and you said they wouldn't.

Here we go again...that's not what you said, nor is it what I said.

Being played in a different position effects your ability to put the ball in the net with just the keeper to beat now does it?

in the bits of City's games i've seen so far this season I'm not sure I've seen him anywhere near the net to have a chance to put it in - very different to his games for Liverpool.

His finishing isn't great, but if he's given opportunities he'll put some away as his scoring record to-date gets to prove. I seem to remember reading somewhere that his average is one goal in nine chances, which isn't slack for a not-frontman.

Edited by eFestivals

Well i guess I shouldn't be surprised that you won't know the amount of chances he's missed if you haven't watched games in question.

Nor should I be surprised I guess, that you have such a strong opinion on something despite admitting you don't know what you're talking about...

so, want to give me a count on how many real chances he's had this season? Or even how many he had last night?

Can i also guess which is the striker and which isn't, and which is the one not getting enough chances to be making his scoring average, or is this game just about the guesses you want? :P

I see you've dropped your previous point after getting called out on it...

Ok, let's take your point about Sterling not being an out and out striker at face value, and compare him to another well known player that isn't an out an out striker...you may even have compared the two before...he's quite well known...anyway, the other had a goalscoring record in the English top flight of a goal every 2.3 games...where as Sterling has a goalscoring record in the English top flight of a goal every 5 games...

I see you've dropped your previous point after getting called out on it...

Ok, let's take your point about Sterling not being an out and out striker at face value, and compare him to another well known player that isn't an out an out striker...you may even have compared the two before...he's quite well known...anyway, the other had a goalscoring record in the English top flight of a goal every 2.3 games...where as Sterling has a goalscoring record in the English top flight of a goal every 5 games...

sterling is a winger. Show me another winger with that scoring rate.

United played well last night, could of gone either way. Can't comment on the city game, I don't tend to believe what the press write.

Played decent, lots of ball but amazingly frustrating in the final third. No pace in attack despite having fast players. They just played the game in front of the PSV back 4. 17 shots, 5 on target but the keeper rarely troubled. No fucking strikers!

Watched the extended highlights and City were unlucky to be fair. Buffon pulled out a couple of trademark Superman double saves. Two in particular were ridiculous. Always baffles me when people automatically say Neuer, De Gea and Courtois are the best around. Buffon has been the best around for 15 years. Maybe the best ever.

But its clear that the Prem is a fair bit off the pace. 3 teams in the CL soon?

Edited by The Nal

Hey, is WHU's Olympic deal about to get interesting? With all the details set to come out, they're exceedingly likely to end up getting stung for more dosh, because the fiddle that's the current deal isn't going to be accepted.

Tories enriching other tories with public money. Who'd have thought it?

Hopefully the whole deal falls through and we stay at the Boleyn

Played decent, lots of ball but amazingly frustrating in the final third. No pace in attack despite having fast players. They just played the game in front of the PSV back 4. 17 shots, 5 on target but the keeper rarely troubled. No fucking strikers!

Watched the extended highlights and City were unlucky to be fair. Buffon pulled out a couple of trademark Superman double saves. Two in particular were ridiculous. Always baffles me when people automatically say Neuer, De Gea and Courtois are the best around. Buffon has been the best around for 15 years. Maybe the best ever.

But its clear that the Prem is a fair bit off the pace. 3 teams in the CL soon?

Nah one of Italy's three teams are already out, and I doubt Roma will get further than the Round of 16 unless they get an easy draw.

At least three English clubs will make it through the group stage.

Edited by Will-2609

eFestivals, on 16 Sept 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

while their signings may or may not have been what they needed, do you really think they'll end up in 4th? :blink:

Who is going to be above them?

The answer to the second question is probably "nobody". Pretty much everyone else is gash. It'd need a Chelsea resurgence to have any chance of stopping them.