Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

I can only summise from the quotes that have come out from his book that Steven Gerrard got on a boat when moving to the U.S. There's no way his head would fitted have fitted through a plane door.

What a risible prick.

which particular quote has annoyed you so much?

(I'm guessing it's a slight on WHU as its always WHU that gets you so worked up).

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't like Rafa as a person, had a pop at him about the "fact" rant, called him "stupid" for selling Alonso.

Said he knew Balotelli would fail and called him a prat. Same for El Hadji Diouf.

Belittles Rodgers with some of his pro Mourinho talk too. Proper man love for Jose.

Standard footie book stuff I suppose. He'll sell a load!

(I'm guessing it's a slight on WHU as its always WHU that gets you so worked up).

Double fail for you this morning - he's actually quite complimentary about WHU and their supporters.

But then it's far easier to be a gracious winner than it is a gracious loser...

Doesn't like Rafa as a person, had a pop at him about the "fact" rant, called him "stupid" for selling Alonso.

Said he knew Balotelli would fail and called him a prat. Same for El Hadji Diouf.

Belittles Rodgers with some of his pro Mourinho talk too. Proper man love for Jose.

Standard footie book stuff I suppose. He'll sell a load!

I'd seen mention of the bit about Alonso, but from what I remember at the time it's not like there was any choice with that.

And i'm not really surprised at the doesn't like Rafa bit either, as Rafa wasn't begging SG to stay.

It's hardly a leap of genius about those two failed players.

And it was already clear that he was pissed off with Rodgers not begging him to stay, too.

As you say, standard footie book.

But without much that's new.

Out of interest how is he getting on in MLS? I have heard little about his time there.

Have watched a game and a half with him playing. Seems to be getting on well, in a League 1 standard league for the most part.

Robbie Keane looks like Maradona over there.

As you say, standard footie book.

But without much that's new.

Nothing new or shocking really no. Although I didn't know the relationship between himself and Rafa was so cold.

But it'll be the same as most footie books Id expect. We've already heard the good bits. The rest will be made up of "we should've won x game but didn't" etc. zzzz.

Same for Fergie and Keanos latest books.

Anyway, how long are people giving Rodgers then?

15 points from the last 14 games. 4 wins, 3 draws, 7 defeats. 12 goals scored and 24 goals conceded.

Norwich, Villa, Everton, Tottenham, Southampton, Chelsea, Palace and City their next 8 games. And the Europe pisspot every fortnight too.

Edited by The Nal

Have watched a game and a half with him playing. Seems to be getting on well, in a League 1 standard league for the most part.

Robbie Keane looks like Maradona over there.

Drogba got a hatrick in his first game.

Drogba was a monster player, but that just gets to show how low the standards are.

Edited by eFestivals

Right let's have this discussion.

Why do managers all think that their team can set up like the top clubs and it'll work?

this 4-5-1 rubbish or 4-2-3-1 if you like. It's crap plus managers end up leaving players on the bench that should be starting.

So frustrating watching Newcastle play this set up and leaving Perez on the bench, the lad should be starting every week but because McClaren insists on playing that way, if Perez plays it's out wide and he's wasted there.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Might be the case for Newcastle but I don't think it's dumb for all teams to play non-442 formations.

Doncaster play better with an extra man in central midfield because without that we tend to resort to hoofball.

Also seeing as most teams do it now I don't really see it as setting up like the top clubs; it's just where football's at right now. Soon enough we'll be back to most teams playing two strikers.

Agree with Will - it's not the formation that's wrong per se but you have to be flexible, play to your strengths and not shoe horn players into a system that doesn't suit.

Played some decent stuff again tonight in patches. Newcastle weren't great by any means but I guess you can only beat what's in front of you. Randolph wasn't overworked.

Might be the case for Newcastle but I don't think it's dumb for all teams to play non-442 formations.

Doncaster play better with an extra man in central midfield because without that we tend to resort to hoofball.

Also seeing as most teams do it now I don't really see it as setting up like the top clubs; it's just where football's at right now. Soon enough we'll be back to most teams playing two strikers.

Of course i'm not saying it doesn't work for everyone.

It all came from those top teams starting with these different formations though. 

I'd like to see more teams play two strikers. Too much sideways and backwards football around at the moment.

Agree with Will - it's not the formation that's wrong per se but you have to be flexible, play to your strengths and not shoe horn players into a system that doesn't suit.

Played some decent stuff again tonight in patches. Newcastle weren't great by any means but I guess you can only beat what's in front of you. Randolph wasn't overworked.

Newcastle were awful, only 3 shots this month all from the right back.

Yeah, cisse seemed isolated a lot to me. Playing one up can be fine if you have midfielders who can get close to him to support, but that just never seemed to happen tonight. Not until it was too late. Where as Sakho always seemed to have Payet, Lanzini, or Moses on hand.

McLaren is not the inspiring kind, but you'd think he'd have enough as a coach to see Newcastle safely in the middle pack.

Edited by TheGayTent

Yeah, cisse seemed isolated a lot to me. Playing one up can be fine if you have midfielders who can close to him to support, but that just never seemed to happen tonight. Not until it was too late. Where as Sakho always seemed to have Payet, Lanzini, or Moses on hand.

McLaren is not the inspiring kind, but you'd think he'd have enough as a coach to see Newcastle safely in the middle pack.

yeah i would have thought Newcastle will finish 12th -15th this season.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Ooh just saw Chelsea vs Arsenal is this weekend!

If there was ever a time for Wenger to shut Jose up....

I can definitely see it happening. As a preemptive measure, me and my mate have decided to drown our sorrows before the game. 

Mind you, Arsenal are a bunch of bottlers so we might scrape a draw. 

I can definitely see it happening. As a preemptive measure, me and my mate have decided to drown our sorrows before the game. 

Mind you, Arsenal are a bunch of bottlers so we might scrape a draw. 

Indeed.

What is going on at The Bridge anyway? Just a bad run or any inside goss to share?

Edited by The Nal

Indeed.

What is going on at The Bridge anyway? Just a bad run or any inside goss to share?

Just Jose way of getting sacked, so he can get the Bayern job next summer. Nice big pay off after signing that new contract, the guys a genius. Edited by thetime