Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

They're not a big club, generally they've been in the third tier with relegation to the fourth tier every so often and the occasional promotion to the second tier. They've had a fantastic last few seasons where they've been challening for promotion despite having the lowest budget in the league but they've fallen short each time. They're not doing so well this season, a new manager came in during the summer and some key players left which has led to them being in the bottom two or three for a while but they'll still stay up. I'd guess Stranraer's manager knows him from his short spell as manager of Nuneaton Town. 

Thanks, he is a bit of a goalkeeper midget, so for his sake I hope there's a shortage of plodding forward giants at that level!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:03 PM, lost said:

This is also blowing up in Spain:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/gareth-bale/12111960/Revealed-How-Real-Madrid-claimed-Gareth-Bale-transfer-was-not-a-world-record-to-keep-Cristiano-Ronaldo-happy.html

Bale's contract leaked and revealed Real lied about the fee to keep Rolando happy as he wouldn't like it that someone else cost more than he did. Also in the football leaks article regarding the sell on clause:

Spurs may have an option, but theres no way they will end up paying whatever price the big boys push the price up to.  I guess they could just match the bid knowing they could never match the wages, to ensure they get the 10 million.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Leicester City premiership champions has a nice ring to it!  I keep expecting them to fall and they are hanging in.  I still don't see it, but if the top remains around the 2 points per game total, you couldn't rule it out.

Leicester would be fantastic and deserved champions. So called "big clubs" (yuck) should be ashamed of themselves. That defensive "display" by LFC today a new low. 

12 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The Wrexham reserve keeper has gone to Stranraer on loan. Any of the Scots on here have any opinions of them as a club?

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

They're not a big club, generally they've been in the third tier with relegation to the fourth tier every so often and the occasional promotion to the second tier. They've had a fantastic last few seasons where they've been challening for promotion despite having the lowest budget in the league but they've fallen short each time. They're not doing so well this season, a new manager came in during the summer and some key players left which has led to them being in the bottom two or three for a while but they'll still stay up. I'd guess Stranraer's manager knows him from his short spell as manager of Nuneaton Town. 

Kingcrawler has got it covered but was going to add that Stranraer have got our ex manager and they were on a really shit run until today. Yir man is probably looking at a relegation fight till the end of the season. We play them end of March. What`s the fella`s name ? Will report back if he plays against us.

6 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Kingcrawler has got it covered but was going to add that Stranraer have got our ex manager and they were on a really shit run until today. Yir man is probably looking at a relegation fight till the end of the season. We play them end of March. What`s the fella`s name ? Will report back if he plays against us.

He is called Cameron Belford, one of these good distribution but small types, who I find don't generally work well in the lower leagues.  It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't play for us again.  I cant see him having the same impact as Moult, oh to have him back!

30 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

For all the money Man City have spent, I cant help looking at their team today (I know they have a few injuries) and think they should be a bit stronger.  Sherwood has just said on MOTD that Spurs have the next best squad in the league after City, I think that's bollocks, but would be interested what others think.

Arsenal best squad, City best first 11 and best first 16.

7 hours ago, LondonTom said:

What a game today from West Ham, you know I am not most pleased about the result (I think we should have won)...but how we played, more than a match for City, that spirit, that determination to at least try for 3 points! Beautiful game, City wanted it too today tbf

Exactly - having the hump we haven't beaten City shows just how far we've come in such a short space of time. Particularly when you remember we were without two of our best players still. 

Unbeaten in 9 (?) home games now? 

How shit is Tony Daley :D

18 wins in 61 games for Martinez now. You could sort of blame the europa last year but Everton now 8 points off the relegation places. Can't help thinking another manager would be doing better with that team.

Massive win for Swansea today at Everton. Just shows how much the pundits actually know, writing us off as dead-rubbers for relegation before we'd even kicked a ball under Guidolin. 

15 points from 15 games is required now, I think we've given ourselves a great chance. WBA away next, if we win there we'll go above them.

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Even weaker than last years champions who have been marooned in the bottom half for most of the season with an almost identical squad?

Can't believe i'm even going to dignify that with a response but i'll play along.  Our shitness this year has no relation to our performance last season when we walked it. Last years champions were being spoken about as the best prem team ever before xmas (bollocks obviously). Just shows how garbage we are currently