So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really man, just think it's way too heavy on the really commercial safe Radio 1 style stuff.

I disagree, but to each their own.

I'm looking at it and seeing a load of great upcoming bands I want to check out, two of my "Always wanted to see" acts and plenty more "Wanted to see them since I heard their album" acts including one of the best hip hop acts in the game right now, novelty, rock, chilled stuff - ALL at Glastonbury with everything else going on around it. Great lineup, IMO.

Saw someone kicking off saying 'JESUS PINKPOP HAD THE SAME THING AND BOOKED A HEADLINE ACT! SORT IT OUT GLASTONBURY' this is the Pinkpop that replaced Foos by bumping up Pharrell Williams and then booking a relatively unknown Belgian band to play?

Some people have lost grip of reality, they really have.

Saw someone kicking off saying 'JESUS PINKPOP HAD THE SAME THING AND BOOKED A HEADLINE ACT! SORT IT OUT GLASTONBURY' this is the Pinkpop that replaced Foos by bumping up Pharrell Williams and then booking a relatively unknown Belgian band to play?

Some people have lost grip of reality, they really have.

People are idiots. You can't trust them.

With The Who supposedly replacing another act already is this the most problematic year for headliners that Glasto's had?

Every year seems Problematic

in my opinion, last year seems worse. Florence, Kanye and The Who is bigger than Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian

I still hear people saying who? to Arcade Fire, yuck to metallica and "they aren't big enough" to Kasabian.

Every year seems Problematic

in my opinion, last year seems worse. Florence, Kanye and The Who is bigger than Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian

I still hear people saying who? to Arcade Fire, yuck to metallica and "they aren't big enough" to Kasabian.

And I can hear people saying "they aren't big enough" to Florence and The Machine, yuck to Kanye West, and "they're just repeating 2007" to The Who.

The early bookings of Arcade Fire and Kasabian seem to me to be much better than a sub bumped up after a last minute drop-out and a panic repeat booking.

Edited by pedmills

Well at least now we can all get on acid to Caribou and make deep psychological bonds with friends/Significant others while Can't Do Without You is playing

I'm seraching for a band that fits this bill. Once saw Portishead in Benicassim having not known any of their songs and had one of my best sets ever with said deep psychological bionds flying all over the shop.

Caribou could be the place to be then.

If Neil Lonsdale screamed and threw his iPhone away at the Kanye West booking, I wonder how he's coping now.

Florence Welch is an insult to music fans all over the world. We spend hundreds of pounds to attend glasto, and by doing so, expect a certain level of masculinity.

Florence has been very outspoken by being a woman all this time despite everyone knowing women and music don't mix...she should pass her headline slot on to allow a booking which does nothing to eliminate prejudice

Lets prevent this boost to gender equality now!

What's worse is the old gits (and yes most of the people who post this are old gits in the comments)

"FLORENCE? WHO? NOT A HEADLINE ACT"

The festival is ONE FUCKING WEEK AWAY they did what they could.

Honestly some people are just dumb.

Ageist!

~~A little hot in here, no?

I know the discussion as a fair few pages back but having just watched James at T from last year I'd like to wade in if I may.... Great show! sounds great, high energy, packed full of anthems as well as some good newer material. I reckon they would have fitted the bill really well! And from the looks of the crowd I reckon they probably pulled on some of the biggest numbers of the weekend....even though they were 5 down or whatever. Maybe not pyramid headliners in normal circumstances but definitely deserve the top spot on the other stage, hopefully next year!