So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

She wasnt good enough to headline last week, and now she is... people will understandably expect another headline band, this is a cheap and easy way out... very disappointed.

Alternatively, people will understand that given the extreme circumstances it's logical to use the talent you have already booked and look to move a schedule around.

Think of it a bit like a football team, you've got a full squad, then suddenly your top-striker gets his leg broken and you've got an FA Cup final the next week. You could quickly throw money at it and go looking to pick someone up from another club and be fleeced by agents because they know you're desperate or you could work with the talent you've got and promote your next best player giving you time to fill the newly vacated slot. (yes I know there are transfer deadlines yadda yadda yadda but as an analogy it sort of works).

Hardly cheap and hardly easy, it's a sensible solution to a totally unforeseen situation. What would you have preferred the outcome to be given we know Glastonbury don't pay much and the current contractual obligations of other 'headliners'?

Edited by Ponyegg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Muse, The Killers, Fleetwood Mac, Noel Gallagher, Oasis, Prince, Bowie YOU HAD LOADS OF CHOICES GLASTONBURY"

was my favourite one... because every act on that list can't play :lol:

Oh my new favourite is "how can ya compare them to U2 the stones or any other headline act".

There's no doubt that she deserves it in my mind. I'm not a fan, but come on, give me one reason why she doesn't? (apart from that she's crap, lolz, banter)

*puts on Glasto chat voice*

Because this is the work of the evil emily eavis! Bowie, Oasis, Led Zep and even Prince would have been DYING to do it! But NOOO she went for the first thing on her iPod that began with F!!!

She's gonna bring the downfall of the fest, because Bowie, Oasis, Led Zep, Prince ask to play every year but she turns them down because she'S POP!

Good on her, I think they'll do absolutely brilliant, what's the festival long been about, supporting acts that have came through the bull, giving british music a platform to be shared around the world by millions, and no one deserves this more than Florence and the Machine, they've came right through the line up, built up to arena tours and global number 1s, it might not be to everyone's cup of tea, but they deserve their chance

Can't agree more with this^^^^^^

Edited by 1laws1

Putting aside how good you think Florence is, the line up is weaker with a headlining act removed. Regardless of whether you think FATM is a headline-worthy act or not, she was already playing a set anyway and I doubt the headlining set is going to be much different, so until someone new gets announced to replace her as sub then you're not getting anything new, just watching the same thing later in the evening, and you lose a headlining act. I know there wasn't much that they could do at short notice, but you're not gaining anything from this announcement.