So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the luck of the draw I guess, some years you get Rolling Stones, other years it's Florence, Kanye West and The Who. Suddenly pleased I didn't try and get tickets this year.

Do one you knob, if you've ever been you know it's awesome place to be regardless of who headlines.

Course, if you haven't been then this'll put you off for life hopefully.

For the amount of people on here that're saying that she shouldn't headline, there was an equal or so amount on here last week saying that she should be bumped up.

It's all swings and roundabouts, you can't make everyone happy. There's plenty more on site to go watch and this is 1 headliner out of many.

So I can dry my tears now. :lol:

Cant help but feel this is a very poor choice and easy kop out

I'd imagine they had very little choice, to be perfectly fair to them. Most acts worthy of headlining and gig-sharp and ready to go will already have engagements, those who don't have engagements are probably not worthy of headlining, willing or gig-sharp and ready to go. Don't understand people's state of angst about it - if she's not your cup of tea (she's certainly not mine), go and watch something that is; and in the unlikely event that none of the dozens of stages have got anything you want to see on, go and explore the late-night areas before the crowds descend. How it can be an 'easy kop out' to shuffle the bill at one of the world's biggest music events and placate half a dozen promoters, bands, managers and the TV schedulers, is beyond me. 

I thought there seemed to be rumours they'd already signed a UK Exclusive for R&L next year so I wouldn't say it's 100% nailed on like U2 were.

Not sure how much I believe those rumours seeing as they only did it 3 years ago? Saying that, R&L definitely have 'their guys' and love booking them frequently (Paramore and Blink 182 being recent examples)

Good on her, I think they'll do absolutely brilliant, what's the festival long been about, supporting acts that have came through the bull, giving british music a platform to be shared around the world by millions, and no one deserves this more than Florence and the Machine, they've came right through the line up, built up to arena tours and global number 1s, it might not be to everyone's cup of tea, but they deserve their chance

Not sure how much I believe those rumours seeing as they only did it 3 years ago? Saying that, R&L definitely have 'their guys' and love booking them frequently (Paramore and Blink 182 being recent examples)

It'll be 4 by the time 2016 comes around. They have form on booking bands on 4/5 year cycle.

I wouldn't be certain either way, but I'd say it's less certain than the time U2 pulled out.

Some of the comments on Twitter/FB are hilarious

It's not Glastonbury's fault Dave Grohl broke his leg and it's not their fault that people assumed a huge headliner would be booked to replace them a week before the festival starts

What's worse is the old gits (and yes most of the people who post this are old gits in the comments)

"FLORENCE? WHO? NOT A HEADLINE ACT"

The festival is ONE FUCKING WEEK AWAY they did what they could.

Honestly some people are just dumb.

What's worse is the old gits (and yes most of the people who post this are old gits in the comments)

:lol:

Yeah the reaction's been quite over the top. That Glasto Chat facebook page has been funny. People saying it's a "ridiculous" booking and just generally seething about them not booking another act.

Yeah the reaction's been quite over the top. That Glasto Chat facebook page has been funny. People saying it's a "ridiculous" booking and just generally seething about them not booking another act.

People are literally only annoyed because they let themselves get carried away thinking about who would replace Foos

Yes Florence and The Who are 2 of the headliners, how dare you refer to Kanye as 'not a headline act' though. He has a name

"Muse, The Killers, Fleetwood Mac, Noel Gallagher, Oasis, Prince, Bowie YOU HAD LOADS OF CHOICES GLASTONBURY"

was my favourite one... because every act on that list can't play :lol: