So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No right to be disappointed?  Appreciate its ridiculously short notice but a headliner should be replaced by a headliner - for £240 a ticket I'm feeling ever so slightly short changed that the value of my ticket has gone down on the basis we're a huge band light on the bill.

Not at all surprised that they have taken the easiest and laziest option - particularly when there are a host of headliners in the country at the time.

Do you think that the process of snaring a 'huge' headliner that usually takes months of negotiation will be possible in a few days? Seriously it's never happened that way with previous replacement headliners at much longer notice and it's not realistic to expect it. And you know full well you're not just paying for the headliners.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm huge Foos fan so gutted about not seeing them as I believe they would have been an awesome Friday headliner.  However, silver lining is I was also a bit gutted to be spending all 3 nights at the Pyramid for the headliners as I like to mix it up a bit so now I get the chance to watch someone else on another stage :-)

Also, surely the Foos dropping out leaves a nice wedge of cash to bring someone in of a decent size to sub Florence at short notice?  The National, The Foals, Van Morrison or a.n.other!

I'm not sure who people thought they could've got with so little notice. I think she will do a good job and good on her for saying yes - she must be very nervous about her first ever headline slot on that stage.

No, it isn't a rock band or someone of that statue - it just means that I will explore Friday night away from the Pyramid. Those abusing Emily on Twitter are idiots (nice term) lot's of other people will happily go to the festival and enjoy everything else that is happening. It's the first Glastonbury I have had where I'm not fussed about any of the headliners. But I still can't wait to get myself on the farm!!

Bestival and Latitude

She was average at Bestival must be said. But yeah I don't think its that controversial for her to be headlining.

If we are continuing the trend of bumping people up already on the lineup I can only really see Rudimental or Mark Ronson being able to do Pyramid. That would make the pyramid lineup on the Friday very very weak

To be fair to Florence she could have headlined & there was a lot of speculation on these threads that she would, she's not bigger than the Foos so wouldn't have headlined over them, but now that they can't play it does make sense, and fits in with Emilys comments about her headlining

Do you think that the process of snaring a 'huge' headliner that usually takes months of negotiation will be possible in a few days? Seriously it's never happened that way with previous replacement headliners at much longer notice and it's not realistic to expect it. And you know full well you're not just paying for the headliners.

None of that stops us being disappointed though, does it? They've removed a huge band and replaced them with someone who's already playing. If we don't really care for FATM then what's wrong with us being disappointed in the way things have turned out?

Going to be tough to get tickets next year!!!

The Foo's have a huge fan base and it's almost certain that they'll be there.

I thought there seemed to be rumours they'd already signed a UK Exclusive for R&L next year so I wouldn't say it's 100% nailed on like U2 were.