So who is going to replace Foo Fighters?

majormajormajor

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not dismissing her because I don't like her, I've already seen Florence live already fella - she couldn't do a 2 1/2 hour slot, simple as - Kylie could easily! Also it's short notice, not many acts or bands could step in either but only someone who doesn't know James would think they couldn't step in short notice - 13 albums and plenty of singalong songs you didn't even realise you already knew.

Btw you're not my age mate - I'm 45.

As for Kanye, liked his earlier stuff but I'm from a Warren G, Snoop, 2Pac type era n tbh find him a bit of a prick these days and his music piss poor imitation of its genre.

My view isn't from someone who hasn't a clue about music, its from someone who as plenty of experience seeing a large variety of it!

James are nowhere near big enough to headline Glastonbury. I appreciate you like them and there will be worse bands who have headlined, but Glasto headliners need to have bigger pulling power than academy and small arena gigs.

Saw them both do a co-headline gig in Manchester a few years ago. It was feckin brilliant!

I went to that, but as much as I do quite like Hot Chip they felt like an anti climax after LCD. Would probably have enjoyed them more if they'd come on first (they were swapping each gig as I recall)

Edited by arcade fireman

Yep, agreed. There'll be some set time adjustments made. I actually had my Friday night sewn up already so there's part of me which doesn't want to be drawn to the Pyramid that night. I was all about RTJ, Caribou, dash to Jamie xx and early to the SE Corner. Whoever's going to headline Friday will be a proper 'event' now and potentially a must see.

Edited by kalifire

Saw them both do a co-headline gig in Manchester a few years ago. It was feckin brilliant!

I went to that, but as much as I do quite like Hot Chip they felt like an anti climax after LCD. Would probably have enjoyed them more if they'd come on first (they were swapping each gig as I recall)

I was at the one in Sheffield, and it was the same order (but yes they were swapping).  I was a hot chip fan and only vaguely knew LCD, but LCD smoked them out of the water.  Not that Hot Chip weren't great, it's just LCD were phenomenal.

How about Rudimental being given the nod for Pyramid and some bumping around elsewhere (eg: Belle and Sebastian moving up to headliner on Other).

Experience suggests it is 50/50 whether it would be a new act brought in or another act on the bill bumped up.

Personally, on balance there is only one person I can see that is qualified for the job, who is perfectly placed to perform and is known for memorable sets:

131428319_screem_02_427290b.jpg

Why all the talk of blur? I dont see how their anymore likly then any other bsnd with free dates......not only that but due to damons current voice issues with his throat hes not likly to want to do another long set.....so reslly that makes them less likly doesnt it?

The fact that Damon has stepped in at the last minute before with Gorillaz is the main thinking behind it.

Edited by st dan