Line up thoughts?

FuzzyDunlop

Weds: Efests meet, Stone Circle Bonfire
Thurs: The Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing, Mik Artistik
Fri: The Cribs Mary J Blige, Sharon Van Etten, Hot Chip
Sat: Nadine Shah, Sleaford Mods, The Pop Group, Father John Misty/Courtney Barnett (undecided), Todd Terje, Kanye West
Sun: Breakfast With Howard Marks, Ibibio Soundsystem, PATTI SMITH, The Staves/Alvvays, Charli XCX, Belle & Sebastian, FKA Twigs, FlyLo/Chems

Really amazing line-up, I thought clashes were going to be so much more painful than they are. The only real casualty is poor Mavis Staples. I think this is the most consistent line-up in forever. All may days are jam packed, there's really very little more that they could have done to make the line-up better in my eyes 9/10 (saving one final point for Taylor Swift's secret set).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan bloody tastic. The best overall line up for years. So much I like there and bands/artists that I adore such as The Who, Motorhead, Moody Blues, Eat Static, Tristan, Foos, to name a few. Obviously I'm disappointed Taylor is not there but there's bound to be a good reason and it will be on her part for sure. I am so chuffed about Burt Bacharach. What a superb booking. I'm giving it a 10/10

Friday is jam-packed for me so much so that I really have to make sure I don't go overboard on Thursday (famous last words).

Saturday and Sunday less packed (Sunday the most sparse), but by the time Hot Chip have finished with me in Stonebridge in the early hours of Saturday I may just die.

Tell you what though, it could be a fuck of a lot worse. look at this stoned hippie dirge. Appalling, not sure I'd even pay 8 quid to see that these days.

New order must have been like seeing a band from another planet in the middle of all that

glasto-poster81-450.jpg

This was my third Glastonbury and still one of the best if not THE best I've ever been to. New Order were ok but sounded a bit shit after a great set from Hawkwind.

It's a great line-up (and i'm not the type of guy who thinks the Glastonbury organisers can do no wrong).

There's a broad range of acts, and every part of my music spectrum is well catered for. There isn't even a 'barren' day like there has been in the past few years. Really cool!

It's not the best lineup we've ever had, but it's not exactly 2008 either. There's good stuff each night that I'm looking forward to without there being any killer 'must see' acts on there.

Gripes would be that both the Pyramid & Other look pretty weak overall (balanced by The Park, JP & WH being good). And the Friday looks pretty barren until late afternoon/early evening.

That all said, it'll still be feckin brilliant. It's Glastonbury.

It's not the best lineup we've ever had, but it's not exactly 2008 either. There's good stuff each night that I'm looking forward to without there being any killer 'must see' acts on there.

Gripes would be that both the Pyramid & Other look pretty weak overall (balanced by The Park, JP & WH being good). And the Friday looks pretty barren until late afternoon/early evening.

That all said, it'll still be feckin brilliant. It's Glastonbury.

2008 didn't look great on paper, but it's one of my most enjoyable fests.

Saturday I've got 7 in a row, bloody hell!

5pm - 4:30am: Kate Tempest > Father John Misty > Todd Terje > George Clinton > Babyhead > Fat White Family

Not bad at all!

Good to see Carnival Collective on the lineup, but sad they're not playing their usual 11am Fri/Sat/Sun Outside Circus slot. Usually they play 10 or so times, but only once this year... definitely gonna catch them in Small World after Foos...

I think it's great apart from the who a band I have a possibly unhealthy hatred for , really strong and full of new bands which is good to see. My only clash is Todd terje and la roux and I was only going to see her for a laugh anyway .

Burt I prefer to van Morrison and mini mansions playing in the rabbit hole , dj Pierre at the Downlow on Thursday and late night drunken Craig Charles I can't wait !

Oh and foo fighters will be excellent

I think it's great apart from the who a band I have a possibly unhealthy haterd for , really strong and full of new bands which is good to see. My only clash is Todd terje and la roux and I was only going to see her for a laugh anyway .

Burt I prefer to van Morrison and mini mansions playing in the rabbit hole , dj Pierre at the Downlow on Thursday and late night drunken Craig Charles I can't wait !

Oh and foo fighters will be excellent

Edited by monkey1989

Saturday I've got 7 in a row, bloody hell!

5pm - 4:30am: Kate Tempest > Father John Misty > Todd Terje > George Clinton > Babyhead > Fat White Family

Not bad at all!

If anyone can keep up a planned run of acts like that until 4:30am without getting distracted I have the utmost respect for them.

One year all I had to do was see Goldie at 5am in the morning and that was a planning nightmare.

I've never managed to actually see someone I wanted to after about 1. Last year I was seen wandering around in front of the Pyramid at 4am looking for a Fat White Family set in the Snakepit. I later tried to leave through Gate A but they wouldn't let me (thankfully) cos I didn't have my ticket. I was camped in Oxlyers so frankly it was a quite embarrassingly poor effort to end up in these places.

Edited by Bradders

I think I've worked out my plan

Fri: Rhodes > Pussy Riot > Everything Everything > maybe Hooton Tennis Club > Mary J > Flo > Mark Ronson > Foos

Sat: Swim Deep > Courtney Barnett > Coasts > Slaves > Young Fathers > Burt B > Jessie Ware > Mavis Staples > Ye

Sun: Rag'N'Bone Man > Songhoy Blues > The Shires > Prides > Lionel > Bootleg Beatles > Roy Ayers > The Who

But so much room for that to change. So excited.

I always have a day in the circus and theatre fields and it's looking like Friday will be the day this year as there's nothing to tempt me until Hot Chip. The boyfriend will probably make noises about wanting to see Mary J Bilge, but I doubt those threats will be carried out.

Not arsed about the Pyramid headliners

Thank heavens for the away from the Pyramid lineup.

Think I'll be spending the least time of all my glastos at the Pyramid and looks like I'll be at Avalor for more than any other festival before

Lamb and Leftfield both on Saturday night. Doable??

It looks so possible to do about 8 bands a day, which is what I'm lining up, but looking back last year I only saw 4 or 5 each day. I didn't feel like I spent much time wandering aimlessly or sat round the tent either, 4 or 5 just seems to be about how many I can manage.

My own rating is about a 7ish. Good mix of acts from different genres but not so many that I'll spend no time away from the main stages. Few clashes prevent a higher score.

What does amaze me, is how the Facebook comments are a million miles away from the comments on here.

'Worst Pyramid stage line up ever I reckon. Other Stage looks good however' - a Pyramid with Patti Smith, Burt Bacharach, Motorhead + many others, whilst the Other looks turd this year.

'Did you not go last year? Arcade Fire, Metallica, Black Keys, Robert Plant. So poor last year. Yes Kasabian but they've played the Pyramid before.' :blink:

+ many more comments of a similar ilk. We're so out of the loop here on eFests :(

I don't think we are out the loop at all we just have a different opinion and don't just take a glance at a lineup and declare it sh*te!!

Remember we've know a fair few of the TBC's for ages so it's gave us time to check new stuff out but say someone seeing it for the 1st time will just react as can't see their favorite act hence declare it rubbish, I'm sure when they settle down they will see ore depth to the lineup...

Now for me personally it's top heavy on acts I want to see, it's not got as many "must sees" as last year but given this is my 4th Glastonbury now I am learning that this is not such a bad thing as it gives me and the fella time to explore other areas and see something else so we're happy.. :)

I'm not giving it a rating as I need to absorb all the info 1st but on 1st view I do think there is a good selection of different stuff to chose from and the clashes further up the lineup are horrific!!

OK, I'm only going on a Sunday ticket, my decision as I had the chance on resale but just got tickets for daughter and friends. In a way having seen the full line up I'm not to dissaponted now. Other Stage line up is poor, its impossible to please everyone I know, I will enjoy the Sunday, looking forward to the Who, was looking forward to FFS, but they clash, nothing on Other Stage for me, may for a change have a look at West Holts, although I've hardly heard of any of the acts booked.

Not arsed about the Pyramid headliners

Thank heavens for the away from the Pyramid lineup.

Think I'll be spending the least time of all my glastos at the Pyramid and looks like I'll be at Avalor for more than any other festival before

Lamb and Leftfield both on Saturday night. Doable??

Lamb are on Friday.

8/10. Great strength in depth.

I only have two smallish gripes: the Saturday is fairly weak (Although it looks about better now that Frank Turner is official) and there is not much diversity among the Other stage headliners. I was hoping for something a bit different like when QOTSA played, i.e. Faith No More.

2008 didn't look great on paper, but it's one of my most enjoyable fests.

My favourite for some reason.

Just re-checked the poster - John Peel stage was great. Plus there was Leonard Cohen. http://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2008Poster.jpg

Maybe the best thing about it was the strings of performances on certain stages - Crystal Castles, Spiritualized, The National on JP on Sunday. Hot Chip/Elbow/Massive Attach on Other Stage Saturday etc. Think I went up for John Cale, Dizze Rascal, Pete Doherty on the Park on Friday too which was great.

Looking at the Other again there's only one act over the whole weekend I'll definitely see - Belle & Sebastien. There are a few I might see if I'm over that way - Charlatans, Cribs, Future Islands... But only one definite.

As for the Pyramid I'll definitely see The Who (because Mrs Jass wants to) and might catch Flo and Lionel if nothing else is on.

Don't think in 9 visits I've ever had so little interest in the two biggest stages.