Line up thoughts?

FuzzyDunlop

Overall Im giving it more than respectable 8.5 out of 10.

More depth than most of the line ups. Such a great variety of acts that I want to see. Lacks a stellar act like the Stones or Stevie Wonder, but makes up for it with the rest of it.

Only slight gripe. The lack of quality on the Other stage. You could argue as the second stage it is pretty good in regards to the size of acts, but there is hardly anything for me to be slightly intetested in.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-1/10

I'm still sulking over that Lionel/Future Islands almost clash.

(I kid, it's about a 4.5/10, but seeing as I only spend 45% of my time watching proper acts that's perfect really.)

Damnit I hadn't noticed that!

Lineup overall - 9/10

Clashes make it 7/10, but that's hardly glastonbury's fault!

9/10 for me -

Just missing a total jaw dropper (Rolling Stones / Pink Floyd / P*ahem*e).

The Other is a big mixed bag. There's some good stuff, but the running orders aren't great.

But the taking in Park, WH, The Glade and the rest - there's far more to see (& i would like to see) than I could squeeze in if I was there for a week.

It really is again a teriffic show! I'm slightly overwhelmed at the amount of acts that I want to see and also about the number of acts I think that I'll have to miss! I think in a bit I'll make a new thread about day plans just to share my full weekend plan and also get a gauge of what others are up to!

It looks relatively realistic that I can see

FRIDAY

Hot Chip
Caribou
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
Motorhead
Jungle
The Cribs
Hinds
The Charlatans?
SATURDAY
Kanye West
Todd Terje & the Olsens
Courtney Barnett
The Pop Group
Sleaford Mods
Slaves
Courtney Barnett
SUNDAY
The Chemical Brothers
Jamie T
Belle & Sebastian
Future Islands
Alvvays
Patti Smith
So yeah that's a solid 9/10 really isn't it?
Edited by Bradders

Overall Im giving it more than respectable 8.5 out of 10.

More depth than most of the line ups. Such a great variety of acts that I want to see. Lacks a stellar act like the Stones or Stevie Wonder, but makes up for it with the rest of it.

Only slight gripe. The lack of quality on the Other stage. You could argue as the second stage it is pretty good in regards to the size of acts, but there is hardly anything for me to be slightly intetested in.

agree about the other. Maccabees probably the only act I'll try and see. The park is ace though, will be spending most of Friday and Saturday there

I'm going to go for 8.5/10. If the extra's which I thought might be added were added then more clashes were likely and I'd just be more angry. I guess this could be combated by more what I'd liked being added in place of what I'm not bothered with but you can't have everything. Sometimes there can be too much of a good thing, and it also gives you less time to explore aimlessly. Thursday night is looking like a superb start, hopefully the weather is decent and Baggy Mondays can be rounded off with a can or two watching the sunset.

FRIDAY

Hot Chip
Caribou
Motorhead
Jungle
The Cribs
Hinds
The Charlatans?
SATURDAY
Kanye West
Todd Terje & the Olsens
Courtney Barnett
The Pop Group
Sleaford Mods
Slaves
Courtney Barnett
SUNDAY
The Chemical Brothers
Jamie T
Belle & Sebastian
Future Islands
Alvvays
Patti Smith

For me personally, it's probably not even a 5 but that's what's so great that you can have a totally different lineup to it.

FRIDAY

Hot Chip
Caribou
Motorhead
Jungle
The Cribs
Hinds
The Charlatans?
SATURDAY
Kanye West
Todd Terje & the Olsens
Courtney Barnett
The Pop Group
Sleaford Mods
Slaves
Courtney Barnett
SUNDAY
The Chemical Brothers
Jamie T
Belle & Sebastian
Future Islands
Alvvays
Patti Smith

You must really like Courtney Barnett!

My own rating is about a 7ish. Good mix of acts from different genres but not so many that I'll spend no time away from the main stages. Few clashes prevent a higher score.

What does amaze me, is how the Facebook comments are a million miles away from the comments on here.

'Worst Pyramid stage line up ever I reckon. Other Stage looks good however' - a Pyramid with Patti Smith, Burt Bacharach, Motorhead + many others, whilst the Other looks turd this year.

'Did you not go last year? Arcade Fire, Metallica, Black Keys, Robert Plant. So poor last year. Yes Kasabian but they've played the Pyramid before.' :blink:

+ many more comments of a similar ilk. We're so out of the loop here on eFests :(

Edited by GlastoSimon

Just listening to Enter Shikari for the first time, just listened to tracks The Appeal & Mindsweep Part 1 and The One True Colour, I'm liking it to be fair, just from these two tracks they remind me of The Streets, Linkin Park and Korn all rolled into one

Edited by waynewdk

Just listening to Enter Shikari for the first time, just listened to tracks The Appeal & Mindsweep Part 1 and The One True Colour, I'm liking it to be fair, just from these two tracks they remind me of The Streets, Linkin Park and Korn all rolled into one

I like describing them as essentially a punk-ish youth band but stuck on shop demonstration mode Edited by frostypaw

5 out of 10

Just nobody really standout for me - although plenty I want to see on the mid/smaller stages.

It's just in previous years with the likes of Leonard Cohen, Radiohead, Neil Young, BB King, Paul Simon, Pulp, War On Drugs, The National, Nick Cave Arcade Fire there were real must sees - some of my favourites of all time.

This year its a bunch of newish (by Glasto standards) acts - Caribou, Future Islands, Sharon van Etten, Young Fathers that I'm excited about. But all the legends, from Lionel to Burt to Motorhead, are of little interest. Only really big name I like is Chems, but even then it won't touch the 2011 Other Stage gig on the Saturday night.

Tell you what though, it could be a fuck of a lot worse. look at this stoned hippie dirge. Appalling, not sure I'd even pay 8 quid to see that these days.

New order must have been like seeing a band from another planet in the middle of all that

glasto-poster81-450.jpg

I've been saying for a while that 2015 is a good year for music. That the lineup is so full of current acts who are making good stuff rather than heritage can only be a good thing. Recent years it's been a bit too heavy on the memory lane acts imo.