Glastocam!

pauladam

11 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Looking at previous years they only tend to lift the support pillars on the OS and don't hoist the rest of it up till closer to the festival so we're not missing that much.

The main benefit of that particular type of stage is that you can install anything you need - lights, etc - at near enough ground level and then lift the roof with it all in place - so I wouldn't expect the roof to be lifted for quite a while anyway.

12 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

It’s kind of clearing, maybe it’s mizzle/mist not actually on the camera?

The camera will be heated and also will have a wiper which moves across when it rotates for the pano so if one upload will be misty chances are next one will be clearer

Edited by JayBalls

5 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Cheapest way to move it I guess. I hope it's gone soon, looking at it is making me feel a little bit sad lol

that looks like they are breaking her up and moving her parts to what looks like a skip at the side of the field 

I suppose the misty webcam was sparing ol'craney the indignity of being seen helpless on her side, legs flailing as she's systematically dismantled piece by piece and dumped into an old skip. Or maybe it was getting misty eyed itself.

Ok, enough anthropomorphism for one day!

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I think the weather normally comes in from the direction of the Tor so looks like better weather is heading in and we should be able to see things a little clearer.

Yeah just got back from Somerset in my lorry, rain had stopped and was clearing when I left.

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think the weather normally comes in from the direction of the Tor so looks like better weather is heading in and we should be able to see things a little clearer.

It's defo brightened up in Bristol now, even got a bit of sunshine at lunch.   The weather for the weekend seems to be getting worse with each day.  We had been looking at 10 days of 25+ degrees and now.. now its just not. 

20 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Todays run includes:

* audio by Finley Quaye b2b Fun Lovin Criminals

* I turned the spotlight on so you can see the webcam images now 

* no photos = no spoilers. There is so much going on.

* why oh why are there so many hills around here! Oh to live in Norfolk 

Good choice of music, hills? I was up here  this morning, my personal stairway to heaven! 

6C5AD973-4F0A-40AC-B58C-0D10DB7C4F60.thumb.jpeg.4ed87d59fc6d8364000e38761e702e4c.jpeg

• Like 1

What do you reckon is happening on the NE corner of Pennards. Just south of the track between the Park and the Pier?

Looks like a lot of earthwork. Do you reckon those caravans and camper vans are there permanently?

Seems like camping real estate in Pennards is getting smaller

peernspas.png

1 minute ago, Staberinde said:

What do you reckon is happening on the NE corner of Pennards. Just south of the track between the Park and the Pier?

Looks like a lot of earthwork. Do you reckon those caravans and camper vans are there permanently?

Seems like camping real estate in Pennards is getting smaller

peernspas.png

That's Glastonbury on Sea