Glastocam!

pauladam

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

I'll be getting out a lot more in 4 weeks time.

damn straight we will, those of us with tickets anyway. difficult not to be smug about it innit

Edited by jow95

11 minutes ago, pauladam said:

I've only just noticed the sizeable mobile phone transmitter at the far left of the panorama - am I late to that?

Yup, it wasn't there in 2017 so they might be doing some additional bolstering of the EE network.

22 minutes ago, Tiesto FTW said:

Is it not the dreaded 5g mast that is causing so much controversy amongst some?

Im assuming it is - Im with o2 - so assume will make cock all difference to me anyway (not that I care anyway :D)

19 minutes ago, Tiesto FTW said:

Is it not the dreaded 5g mast that is causing so much controversy amongst some?

Well 5G is a load of little antennas as opposed to big masts, but they might be putting a kind-of 5G network in.

Of course, only a few people will be using the 5G network, so they'll get hyperfast internet!

6 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Im assuming it is - Im with o2 - so assume will make cock all difference to me anyway (not that I care anyway :D)

I'm switching from Three to EE just for the festival - only £20 for the weekend and will hopefully be able to contact people!

its bonkers to think in 26 days time that this will be a fully functioning city built for our entertainment .... can you just imagine the time it takes to do one small element of the build ... and nothing here is small scale ..look at that fuckoff great big crane thats going to have things spinning and jetting fire ... and the gold sparkly pier that has barely been started ( well it doesn't look like it on the webcam ) ... these are just the huge things without all the creative / humorous touches that help make Glastonbury so special ... I was thinking today that its taken me a couple of years to get together my fancy-dress with a suit and a couple of hats and in a few short weeks they build a city ... wow just wow ... so looking forward to it now :) 

• Upvote 5

It is immense. I know people on site already and I’m privy to some of the stuff going on.

Remember that there at 1000’s and 1000’s of builders and creatives for the next 26 days to build the best TEMPORARY city in the world for what is essentially a five day party. 

3 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

It is immense. I know people on site already and I’m privy to some of the stuff going on.

Remember that there at 1000’s and 1000’s of builders and creatives for the next 26 days to build the best TEMPORARY city in the world for what is essentially a five day party. 

Talking of which, are you involved in the wormhole and is the name a co-incidence?

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its bonkers to think in 26 days time that this will be a fully functioning city built for our entertainment .... can you just imagine the time it takes to do one small element of the build ... and nothing here is small scale ..look at that fuckoff great big crane thats going to have things spinning and jetting fire ... and the gold sparkly pier that has barely been started ( well it doesn't look like it on the webcam ) ... these are just the huge things without all the creative / humorous touches that help make Glastonbury so special ... I was thinking today that its taken me a couple of years to get together my fancy-dress with a suit and a couple of hats and in a few short weeks they build a city ... wow just wow ... so looking forward to it now :) 

You have the same sense of awe and anticipation as me?

3 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I didn't realise the numbers involved ... do you know how many people it is on some of the areas ? where are you going to be based this year ? wormhole or rabbit hole ... must pop in and say cheers for some fancy dress tips 

3 minutes ago, Skelts said:

You have the same sense of awe and anticipation as me?

its just incredible and I totally understand Michael and Emilys enthusiasm for the back garden project .... im trying to think of some ideas for pangea once it has been built ... it would just be incredible if they implemented one of my ideas ... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of which, are you involved in the wormhole and is the name a co-incidence?

Coincidence. I’ve never had so many private messages asking me for intelligence. Nothing to do with me but it does look cool. 

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I didn't realise the numbers involved ... do you know how many people it is on some of the areas ? where are you going to be based this year ? wormhole or rabbit hole ... must pop in and say cheers for some fancy dress tips 

I understand there are 70,000 onsite crew helping the party happen. Obviously this is the peak number. It’ll basically be increasing onsite daily from now on. 

? ? for me. Yes I’d love to say hi. Never quite sure of my shifts till much nearer the time. But ping me if you’re in the area and pop out and find you. 

2 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I understand there are 70,000 onsite crew helping the party happen. Obviously this is the peak number. It’ll basically be increasing onsite daily from now on. 

? ? for me. Yes I’d love to say hi. Never quite sure of my shifts till much nearer the time. But ping me if you’re in the area and pop out and find you. 

incredible .. will do :) might even make my first trip inside this time ... in 14 attempts ive not made it yet :)