Glastocam!

pauladam

2 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Fuck, fuck, fuck.... Nothing gets me more excited for Glasto than the drop of the map, the start of the fence build and the Pyramid stage getting its party dress on. I thought I was coping well with missing out on tickets this year but clearly not.

Not going to lie, I am getting more and more jealous every day now of all you lucky golden ticket holders

Have fun everybody!

Cannot believe how gracious and magnanimous you are, @dingbat2

I know that I'd be nowhere near this wonderful community if I'd been unlucky. Which reflects poorly on me!

Ben

2 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Unless it was basically cost neutral I’m not sure what the point of making Other stage bigger is - the acts haven’t got any bigger

provide a better experience for people further back?

and who knows, maybe they'll get a big secret set on other.

but i think its just to provide a better experience

Just now, gfa said:

provide a better experience for people further back?

and who knows, maybe they'll get a big secret set on other.

but i think its just to provide a better experience

Feels like fixing something that ain’t broke when everyone is talking about budgets being cut elsewhere

11 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ah okay. But the structure does look like it's going to be like the Reading one. Can't wait to see Slowthai in his socks and boxers stretched out sixty feet high.

The structure already was the Reading one. For the last several years now it's been a TZ from Serious Stages which is the exact model they also provide to R+L.

From looking at the webcam, the difference this year is that they've made the (modular) structure a bit deeper - so basically it's either more backstage area or more depth in the performance area, or more likely some combination of those.

8 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Feels like fixing something that ain’t broke when everyone is talking about budgets being cut elsewhere

There'll be a cost to it, but in the grand scheme of things it's not going to be that significant. If it makes changeovers easier, then that cost may even get somewhat neutralised especially if the headliner for the day brings a substantial production with them - setting something up at a leisurely pace using X people at the start of the day (or potentially even while other acts are on) and then hiding it at the back of the stage until needed is going to be cheaper than rushing to get everything done in the 45-60 minute changeover where you need X*3 people due to the compressed timeframe.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, gfa said:

The new Other Stage is the Reading fest main stage it looks like to me

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.getreading.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/first-look-reading-festival-stage-24758180.amp

structure looks the same and the spacing of the stage supports

Yep... It's always been the same stage, but now looks to be the same config too... Reading also use the 6 tower TZ from Serious Stages... 

Another small Time Machine update today.

I've updated the shareable URL feature to include the position and zoom level of the image, so you can link to specific feature instead of just the image date. Brightness and contrast settings will also be included in the URL if they have been modified.

Example link to the Other Stage at 10:10 today 

I also fixed some minor issues with image repositioning when resizing the window.

• Upvote 1