Glastocam!

pauladam

16 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong but I’d imagine they’d leave gap in the wall for a while to allow wildlife a chance to get out and into the woods . We were up at the park on Friday of the weekend before gates open a couple years back watching a few chaps attempting to corner a fawn that was heard calling out in the tree line below They got it in the end 

IMG_4547.jpeg

We came across a partridge and its babies on the Tuesday night in 2022 somewhere down by west holts and I was hoping they would be able to find a quiet place to be / fly out for the next week.. I think GFL have a wildlife consultant to try and minimise the effect on the wildlife on the farm?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong but I’d imagine they’d leave gap in the wall for a while to allow wildlife a chance to get out and into the woods . We were up at the park on Friday of the weekend before gates open a couple years back watching a few chaps attempting to corner a fawn that was heard calling out in the tree line below They got it in the end 

IMG_4547.jpeg

There’s a giant dragonfly about to land on the site!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pipine said:

We came across a partridge and its babies on the Tuesday night in 2022 somewhere down by west holts and I was hoping they would be able to find a quiet place to be / fly out for the next week.. I think GFL have a wildlife consultant to try and minimise the effect on the wildlife on the farm?

They do, my wife contacted them a couple of years ago. 

something happening in the glade out of sight , wonder if that tree blocking view of pier is an ash and we might get a better view of pier build in future years ? maybe soon they lift the other stage although that feels a bit early S

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 14.26.44.png

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 14.25.49.png

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 14.25.34.png

1 hour ago, Julesdude said:

So, a bit of rain has fallen over the last 24 hours. More to come throughout today, and then Sunday it seems. Looking dry for other days. Hardly flooding material though, which is the main thing.

-lashing- down here in Clevedon, but I think it's going to just miss the site 🙂

clounds are moving from left to right

image.png.0fc6d0aa55facf309cc76d28c8b4113b.png

2 hours ago, Julesdude said:

So, a bit of rain has fallen over the last 24 hours. More to come throughout today, and then Sunday it seems. Looking dry for other days. Hardly flooding material though, which is the main thing.

Yes, worst weather is heading north, just send it up to me, I’m willing to take one for the team! 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I've just checked the webcam tool to have a look at when Elton was playing last year and i know there was a big crowd but i was quite shocked at how small the QOTSA crowd actually was..

image.thumb.png.7d780c8d12869147c2aa528a65d0efe6.png

It was tiny but it was fantastic as everyone who was there wanted to be there so had a really good vibe (was the same for TWOD too). 

• Upvote 1

Same for Phoenix on Woodsies.. such a small crowd but the energy was immense.. it kind of made it really special but I do prefer to see tents full. Hopefully this year there won’t be such an imbalance.

2 hours ago, Pipine said:

Same for Phoenix on Woodsies.. such a small crowd but the energy was immense.. it kind of made it really special but I do prefer to see tents full. Hopefully this year there won’t be such an imbalance.

Oh, but what a crowd we were!! ☺️

Ben

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, actionstations said:

If that's the Arcadia dragonfly helicopter it's looking fairly small/underwhelming so far... hoping for a huge amount of fire and a decent sound volume/setup! Or is that just a car... time will tell

image.thumb.png.acae3d805d464bc50a7edf6820fbe81c.png

I've zoomed in and I think that's a van trailing something. 

15 minutes ago, actionstations said:

If that's the Arcadia dragonfly helicopter it's looking fairly small/underwhelming so far... hoping for a huge amount of fire and a decent sound volume/setup! Or is that just a car... time will tell

image.thumb.png.acae3d805d464bc50a7edf6820fbe81c.png

Is the size of the chopper all that important😉?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Is the size of the chopper all that important😉?

Massively important! 

It's got to be at least as big as the spider body and DJ's have to fit in. 

2 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

Definitely a van with a trailer. Here's a clearer picture of it from earlier:

image.png.c456a52774feb29eceeaddadae7c04b5.png

That tower is ginormous. 

They aren't standard Arcadia speaker towers as per previous years! 

image.png.5b266ea2743e48687e238b33759b1e0b.png