Glastocam!

pauladam

6 hours ago, Julesdude said:

Even with the advent of maps and tech, I'm still amazed how each year they're able to even make a decision on where to lay the first bit of structure in a huge field full of grass surrounded by fields. 

I always think this, it's amazing. 

7 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Maybe something like this 

IMG_8779.jpeg

7 hours ago, Cheesey said:

Difficult to tell with the angle and foreshortening. Might be more like this:

image.png.d96ef6175007e8b76cce706ca0016a0e.png

Selfishly, I hope this doesn't happen as I camp in Oxlyers and surely this will push some Park Home people to camp there, making it more difficult to get a spot.

3 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

It's all about the cranes today. Anyone with a crane fetish, this is for you....

They might be coming down soon as there is a Met office warning for storms from 12:00 to 21:00. 

13 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Can someone please explain to me how to put photos into posts.

As mentioned above, the Windows Snipping Tool or something similar is the way 👍

Or, for a simple screenshot with no markup you can use the Time Machine, zoom into the part you want, right click, copy image, then just paste it into your post on the forum.

Edited by Cheesey

12 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

Co-Op shop build well under way.....get that ice!

image.png.7e0ef5b4dcb8b1fae04f6ef00f20d10c.png

Remember last year, I didn't really look into where the Co-op was in comparison to the campervan fields.

Walked past it one day and realised, it's basically like walking to your next town/village alongs co-op its that far. 

That's when I started to realise just how enormous the place is. 

7 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Remember last year, I didn't really look into where the Co-op was in comparison to the campervan fields.

Walked past it one day and realised, it's basically like walking to your next town/village alongs co-op its that far. 

It surprises me every time! 😅

16 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I've been stood there 12:30 at night on a Saturday, then we've realised we had to walk to block 9... 

5 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

The centrepiece begins ....

image.png.704c12faef867904e5c7fb49431decc2.png

They threw most of the spider up in less than a day last year.... so we should get an idea of whether spidey is back very soon!

They wouldn't usually chuck the spider up 5 weeks early before any of their portacabins, shipping containers, staff catering etc were in place. So this strongly suggests something new that needs more time (maybe foundations)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Great to the the pyramid screen supports going up.  Arnt we now due the annual ‘are the screens bigger this year’ debate?😊😉

I did a check about an hour ago on the web cam time machine and it doesn't appear that the frame is constructed to support the "additional" side screens. Appears that they have just been an Elton special.

There is time for the additional bracing to go on obviously.

13 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

They wouldn't usually chuck the spider up 5 weeks early before any of their portacabins, shipping containers, staff catering etc were in place. So this strongly suggests something new that needs more time (maybe foundations)

Yeah I agree, early start for them if it's just the spider so must be something new.

3 hours ago, AndyL16 said:

I've been stood there 12:30 at night on a Saturday, then we've realised we had to walk to block 9... 

Was watching FatBoy Slim at the Park last year on the Hill, was about 10.30pm.

Laid down taking it all in, knackered. Then realised it was a 1 hour+ walk back to the Campervan. 

On 5/20/2024 at 12:47 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Apparently Arcadia this year is just a Bluetooth speaker in the middle of the field. Whoever gets there first gets to link up to their Spotify  

Just have to hope they've paid for Premium

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 1:18 PM, al_coholic said:

I wonder if they are moving Arcadia towards Oxylers to try and alleviate some of the bottleneck at the bottom of The Park. Get more people to Arcadia directly from the railway line. 

Hope so I had a very bad experience there last year with crowds going in opposite directions. 

Yep it was a nightmare for a while. Stood for quite a long time before having to hoof halfway around the site to get to the Tipis

21 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Obviously on here and decided to annoy me 

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong but I’d imagine they’d leave gap in the wall for a while to allow wildlife a chance to get out and into the woods . We were up at the park on Friday of the weekend before gates open a couple years back watching a few chaps attempting to corner a fawn that was heard calling out in the tree line below They got it in the end 

IMG_4547.jpeg

1 hour ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to prove me wrong but I’d imagine they’d leave gap in the wall for a while to allow wildlife a chance to get out and into the woods . We were up at the park on Friday of the weekend before gates open a couple years back watching a few chaps attempting to corner a fawn that was heard calling out in the tree line below They got it in the end 

IMG_4547.jpeg

Good point! I’d not thought of that before.  I’ve recently installed hedgehog highway’s in my garden fence and side gate… basically the same thing! 😂