Glastocam!

pauladam

I don't think its position has changed enough to invert that field completely, but something is going to have to change with the camping.

Looks to me like it's moving about this much:

image.png.76cc64bab86f4b6b4602c11bbcbee9d9.png

You’re in the right area. It certainly looks like the circle is the same size, just north west a bit.

That will definitely help crowd control with the junction of The Park and they might be able to do a one way system around how you enter into Arcadia.

Looks to me that even more of Park Home ground will now be given over to Arcadia....... the bun fight for Paines on Weds AM will be bigger than normal.

Edited by gooner1990

6 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

It's back!  But has been moved along the hedge a bit.  May have been hidden behind the tanker in your post.

Screenshot_20240520-110637~2.png

How odd....that's now about where it was last year I think. No idea why they'd move it though 🤷

33 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

Even with the advent of maps and tech, I'm still amazed how each year they're able to even make a decision on where to lay the first bit of structure in a huge field full of grass surrounded by fields. 

I imagine all the major structures have some degree of foundations already in place. There must be detailed maps for everything else, just getting all the traders in exactly the right place when they all arrive at different times needs careful planning. It’s an impressive feat.

16 minutes ago, MJP said:

I doubt they'd even put a fence in place without a CAD drawing of the extent of their area.

This won't be universally true, but applies as a rough rule of thumb - before anything gets laid down, someone should have been around the field, working from said map and then marking boundaries out with little flags so that everyone knows where everything should go. If you keep a really close eye out at the festival, you'll probably see a few of the flags left in the ground especially around market stalls.

image.jpeg.50ef0fe78250640d8f0bc05e3a6b2f9b.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Or they might decide to tease us and tantalisingly leave a single panel gap. That’s what I’d do if I knew folk were continuously watching it on a webcam!😊😉

And that's exactly what they did!

3 hours ago, incident said:

This won't be universally true, but applies as a rough rule of thumb - before anything gets laid down, someone should have been around the field, working from said map and then marking boundaries out with little flags so that everyone knows where everything should go. If you keep a really close eye out at the festival, you'll probably see a few of the flags left in the ground especially around market stalls.

image.jpeg.50ef0fe78250640d8f0bc05e3a6b2f9b.jpeg

And the people laying the flags use GPS / mobile GIS apps surely?