Blur?

wozwebs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that was Tender with the crowd singing "Oh My Baby...."

just googled it and some tit says

"I've just watched the entire Glasto gig again. It was the end of "To the End" when he started crying. It just so happens he was still blubbering at the start of next song "This is a Low" which is where this clip was taken from...."

Edited by russycarps

"I've just watched the entire Glasto gig again. It was the end of "To the End" when he started crying. It just so happens he was still blubbering at the start of next song "This is a Low" which is where this clip was taken from...."

yeah i seem to remember end of "to the end" being the time.

I'd also love to know how to "watch the whole gig again" though - my recording doesnt include those two songs and id love a full recording. Looked loads over the years and never found one

Edited by efcfanwirral

Having played a hit-heavy one last time around, they have license to change it up quite a bit if they're back this year.

I think with the cracking new album in tow they would almost certainly do that.

I also think they know as well as any potential headliner that you shouldn't take festival crowds for granted. If they're bringing 5-6 New songs into the mix, having 15 or so of the core, bona fide classics would nullify any neg from casual fans Of the band.

I think with the cracking new album in tow they would almost certainly do that.

I also think they know as well as any potential headliner that you shouldn't take festival crowds for granted. If they're bringing 5-6 New songs into the mix, having 15 or so of the core, bona fide classics would nullify any neg from casual fans Of the band.

I agree they need a core of hits but 15 isn't a core. It's about 75% of the set! :P

I think they could certainly work with about 5/6 of their bigger hits, 5/6 of their new album and then the rest can be whatever. They did a rundown of this hits last time.

I agree they need a core of hits but 15 isn't a core. It's about 75% of the set! :P

I think they could certainly work with about 5/6 of their bigger hits, 5/6 of their new album and then the rest can be whatever. They did a rundown of this hits last time.

Maybe you're right.

I was loosely basing it on the fact that when they headlined in 09 it was a 24 song set. Whether or not they'd be given that amount of time this time round who knows.

My worry would be them playing 3 or 4 newies mixed with "not well known" oldies causing a loss of atmosphere. I suppose what made them so darn fantastic in 09 was that they gave everyone in that field exactly what they wanted (And then some), which created an atmosphere only bettered by Stevie the following year.

Edited by T-Mouse

2009 was very heavy on the Parklife and MLIR album tracks, I definitely think those will get ditched this time. Just play the classics from those I reckon, I could see them focusing on more recent stuff. Maybe that's just me daydreaming because I much prefer their later work, but it would make sense.

Of course there was that apparent leaked setlist a few pages backf rom one of their videos with like 10 Magic Whip tracks which does seem very excessive, hope it's not accurate to what they end up playing. Go Out, Lonesome Street and Ong Ong seem like safe bets, maybe I Broadcast too. They're definitely keen on playing it considering all the full album shows they've been doing but I don't think they would want to lean too heavily on just that album for Glastonbury.

from 2009 i would drop-

tracy jacks

jubilee

badhead

trimm trabb

oily water

sunday sunday

country house

to the end

popscene

theres no other way

shes so high

i'd put in 6 new songs, and something like MOR,sing,charmless man and some rarities

thats massivelly different, but still crowd pleasing

2009 was very heavy on the Parklife and MLIR album tracks, I definitely think those will get ditched this time. Just play the classics from those I reckon, I could see them focusing on more recent stuff. Maybe that's just me daydreaming because I much prefer their later work, but it would make sense.

Of course there was that apparent leaked setlist a few pages backf rom one of their videos with like 10 Magic Whip tracks which does seem very excessive, hope it's not accurate to what they end up playing. Go Out, Lonesome Street and Ong Ong seem like safe bets, maybe I Broadcast too. They're definitely keen on playing it considering all the full album shows they've been doing but I don't think they would want to lean too heavily on just that album for Glastonbury.

i think ong ong, lonesome st, go out, i broadcast, terrocotta heart,there are too many of us... should all deffo be played

from 2009 i would drop-

tracy jacks

jubilee

badhead

trimm trabb

oily water

sunday sunday

country house

to the end

popscene

theres no other way

shes so high

i'd put in 6 new songs, and something like MOR,sing,charmless man and some rarities

thats massivelly different, but still crowd pleasing

you rotten bastard calling for to the end to be dropped. That song always takes me back to happier, more youthful times

Of course there was that apparent leaked setlist a few pages backf rom one of their videos with like 10 Magic Whip tracks.

Wasn't aware this existed. Thanks for pushing me in its direction. A fine smorgasbord of songs on that, New and old that would go down well.

There's no way in hell they'd do 10 plus from TMW at glasto tho. That's a good indicator of what they'll be looking to play on this tour tho. From what's there, I'd be over the moon with something like this:

She's so High

Go Out

Girls And Boys

Lonesome Street

Beetlebum

Coffee and TV

Ghost Ship

Out of Time

Spaceman/Pyongyang

Trimm Trabb

Tender

Tracy Jack's

I Broadcast

Parklife

Song 2

To the End

There are too many of us

Sing

For Tomorrow

This is a low

Ong Ong

The Universal

Sod it, my setlist in full, assuming a 21 song list for Glasto:

I Broadcast

Girls & Boys

Go Out

Beetlebum

There's No Other Way

Out of TIme

Lonesome Street

Coffee & TV

My Terracota Heart

There are Too Many of Us

Parklife

Country House

Sing

Pyongyang

End of A Century

Tender

This is a Low

For Tomorrow

<Encore>

Song 2

Ong Ong

The Universal

<Secret other encore>

Crazy Beat

Edited by Hugh Jass

This. Shakespearean stuff.