Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them - but the position they were considered for this year leaves nothing to suggest they could get that high. I would imagine 5th top on main/top 3 nme if things go well

It obviously depends on a huge number of factors, as I say though, no one would have predicted Macklemore would have been 2nd from top last year, so we shall see. 

I reckon, if they play, it will be 3rd from top

I watched them at download in 2014, thought they were Shit. What's small minded about it?

You described them as 2 white rappers, when they are not simply 2 white rappers. It suggests you pigeon holed them within a song and made up your mind, which suggests you're small minded

You can obviously think they're shit, Im sure many will, its all subjective and it will certainly not appeal to all despite spanning so many genres, your statement was wrong though, one thing you definitely cant say is that they're simply two white rappers, especially as one definitely doesn't rap!

The guy at 2:23

Macklemore was huge last year, it was a decent booking. I wasn't there but I'm sure it drew a decent sized crowd.

Decent, not massive. Think it would have been bigger in 2013 when you couldn't move for hearing Can't Hold Us/Thrift Shop all summer than 2014 when the hype had died a bit.

Decent, not massive. Think it would have been bigger in 2013 when you couldn't move for hearing Can't Hold Us/Thrift Shop all summer than 2014 when the hype had died a bit.

It was certainly a good crowd for a sub, always hard to tell exactly how large when you're on the ground but it was busy where I was a fair way back and the crowd near me where loving it.

No where near as big as Chase and Status (which was insane) but it dwarfed NIN's from the year before. Didn't see Jake Bugg in 2014 and was standing closer in for Paramore (which is a harsh comparison I suppose as they were joint headliners)

Wish I could say that. Had to elbow some twit out the way halfway through after he'd spent an hour facing away from the stage and bellowing in my face about not wanting to see Macklemore or Blink. Numpty.

Why did he not actually simply go and see someone else other than Blink and Macklemore. 

I enjoyed both, was a great way to end the festival

Thought I'd assess some of the popular headliner predictions.

Florence And The Machine - That Glastonbury set bumped her up to headline status, and she will no doubt still be touring next summer, so if not V then I can see her at Reading and Leeds.

Foals - Their secret set this year probably strongly indicates that they'll be there next year. Headlining or subbing, I don't know

Muse - If they're still have plans for this time next year, then could be quite a possibility. Huge name, massive draw, strong history with the festival.

The Black Keys - Depends on what they're doing. Surely they're overdue a UK festival headline slot now? They're certainly big enough.

Foo Fighters - Predicted a few times in this topic, but would four years be too soon after their huge monster set in 2012?

Kasabian - Rarely a year goes by without them headlining a UK festival, they did TITP and V this year, Glastonbury last, so if they were to headline somewhere next year (if they're not taking a year out) I can see it being Reading and Leeds.

The Prodigy - Again, they always seem to play UK festivals year in, year out. And again, I'm not sure if they'd sub or headline, could probably do either.

Arcade Fire - Very, very slim, outside chance. But they release an album every three years, and if album number five is out around or before the festival, then maybe.

N.W.A. - Nailed on, of course. But in all seriousness, if they actually do reform I can genuinely see a UK festival getting them. If.

For my money, I think two of the headliners will be Muse and Florence, not sure about the third. It'd be so great if they got a big headliner no-one expected, like Springsteen, The Who or The Stone Roses. Be a huge statement of intent.

Florence ATM

Imagine Dragons

Enter Shikari

The Prodigy

Pendulum

The Vaccines

Foo Fighters

You Me At Six

Fatboy Slim (or other dance act)

And I'd say Foo Fighters are the one already booked

I don't see Pendulum happening and The Prodigy won't headline. I reckon the headliner booked is more likely Foo's than anyone, they'll be the 1st one announced I would think and IMO it'll come as a non-English Exclusive.

Well in an interview with NME melvin said that all he can say is there is one band booked as a headliner who have a drummer, bass, lead g-tar and singer. Kasabian?

How did you conclude from that that it might be a band who probably won't even be touring? 99% of bands fit that description, it means nothing.

How did you conclude from that that it might be a band who probably won't even be touring? 99% of bands fit that description, it means nothing.

It was a suggestion and actually very few bands have drums, bass, lead guitarist and a singer. If its exactly that then that rules out the Foo's, Muse and Florence.

Already headlined IoW?

They were billed as headliners but only subbed to The Prodigy. I meant fully headlining and closing a day at a festival.

Anyway, I don't know if people should be so sure about Foo Fighters. I have a feeling they'll make up for their Glastonbury pull out by playing there next year. Plus as mentioned they played an absolute mammoth set in 2012, and I think it'd be too soon for them to come back after that.

Also I forgot about Blur. Another decent possibility if they're around next year, but they always only seem to do a couple of shows every three years then disappear. Of course it could be different now they have a new album.

Blur, Florence, Muse would be a decent shout. First all English set of headliners since...?