Lineup 2016

Matt42

They were billed as headliners but only subbed to The Prodigy. I meant fully headlining and closing a day at a festival.

Anyway, I don't know if people should be so sure about Foo Fighters. I have a feeling they'll make up for their Glastonbury pull out by playing there next year. Plus as mentioned they played an absolute mammoth set in 2012, and I think it'd be too soon for them to come back after that.

They still headlined, you could say that about Biffy too. IOW and T have just chose the Euro route of closing dance act.

Foo's will play both if they want to, R&L on this occasion probably can't stop them. They couldn't stop The Libertines who are a smaller band. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still headlined, you could say that about Biffy too. IOW and T have just chose the Euro route of closing dance act.

Foo's will play both if they want to, R&L on this occasion probably can't stop them. They couldn't stop The Libertines who are a smaller band. 

But The Libertines only subbed at Glastonbury. Glastonbury and R/L never share headliners.

And yeah The Black Keys were still headliners, but they're long overdue a closing slot at a festival.

But The Libertines only subbed at Glastonbury. Glastonbury and R/L never share headliners.

And yeah The Black Keys were still headliners, but they're long overdue a closing slot at a festival.

But they did, R&L still shared a headliner of theirs, they just didn't headline at Glasto, just like when Reading shared a headline with T in 2007 in Razorlight but they didn't top the bill at T. FATM were always going to get the nod from the moment Emily said they aren't but they could. Also, people don't regularly break their legs and agreements have to be made, any other time I'd agree with you. I'm not saying it's a done deal but I wouldn't rule it out. Every chance there was a negotiation deal accepted after the Glasto incident. 

Closing shot doesn't mean shit

Tell that to CH and T after he closed the fastest selling day tickets out for any major festival anytime recently! 

And Libs weren't even playing Glasto until Foos pulled out and Eavis called Melvin to ask if they could play.

Don't kind yourself, R&L were fully aware they couldn't have them on an English Exclusive, just the plans panned out differently.

But they did, R&L still shared a headliner of theirs, they just didn't headline at Glasto, just like when Reading shared a headline with T in 2007 in Razorlight but they didn't top the bill at T. FATM were always going to get the nod from the moment Emily said they aren't but they could. Also, people don't regularly break their legs and agreements have to be made, any other time I'd agree with you. I'm not saying it's a done deal but I wouldn't rule it out. Every chance there was a negotiation deal accepted after the Glasto incident. 

Tell that to CH and T after he closed the fastest selling day tickets out for any major festival anytime recently! 

Don't kind yourself, R&L were fully aware they couldn't have them on an English Exclusive, just the plans panned out differently.

Well yeah I know that, but if a band headlines Glastonbury rather than subbing then they're never booked as headliners at Reading and Leeds.

Also R/L and TITP have shared headliners. Arctic Monkeys last year, Kasabian in 2012, Kings of Leon in 2009, RATM in 2008, etc. Glatonbury and V/TITP have also shared headliners before. It just seems that Reading and Leeds like their headliners to be English festival headline exclusive.

Either way though, if the Foos do headline Glastonbury next year, then I would put money on them not being at Reading and Leeds.

Edited by VCK

Well yeah I know that, but if a band headlines Glastonbury rather than subbing then they're never booked as headliners at Reading and Leeds.

Also R/L and TITP have shared headliners. Arctic Monkeys last year, Kasabian in 2012, Kings of Leon in 2009, RATM in 2008, etc. Glatonbury and V/TITP have also shared headliners before. It just seems that Reading and Leeds like their headliners to be English festival headline exclusive.

Either way though, if the Foos do headline Glastonbury next year, then I would put money on them not being at Reading and Leeds.

I know but these two occasions might be unavoidable. I know Reading and Thursday have but they weren't topping at both sites.

There were no gaps in the Glastonbury schedule where The Libertines could have played until Foos pulled out.

There was no gap when Dalia Lama appeared either, they would have found space. There isn't a chance R&L didn't book them Exclusively in England if they could and given Glastonbury was the only other place they would be turning up, it's quite clear what their plans were.

Edited by thewayiam

There was no gap when Delia Lama appeared either, they would have found space. There isn't a chance R&L didn't book them Exclusively in England if they could and given Glastonbury was the only other place they would be turning up, it's quite clear what their plans were.

The Libertines would have been playing a proper stage, and not during another act's set, obviously.

What a festival 2015 was, roll on 2016!

Foals

Disclosure

Two Door Cinema Club

Don Broco

AWOLNATION

Lower Than Atlantis

PVRIS

As It Is

Moose Blood

Years & Years

Jungle

Twenty One Pilots

Florence and The Machine

The 1975

Tame Impala

CHVRCHES

Of Monsters and Men

Wolf Alice

We Are The Ocean

Circa Waves

Prides

Enter Shikari

Neck Deep

Mallory Knox

Foo Fighters

Deftones

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Slaves

Of Mice & Men

Sum 41

The Wonder Years

Modern Baseball

Beartooth

The Vaccines

Editors

Kodaline

Edited by Andre91

What a festival 2015 was, roll on 2016!

Foals

Disclosure

Two Door Cinema Club

Don Broco

AWOLNATION

Lower Than Atlantis

PVRIS

As It Is

Moose Blood

Years & Years

Jungle

Twenty One Pilots

Florence and The Machine

The 1975

Tame Impala

CHVRCHES

Of Monsters and Men

Wolf Alice

We Are The Ocean

Circa Waves

Prides

Enter Shikari

Neck Deep

Mallory Knox

Foo Fighters

Deftones

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Slaves

Of Mice & Men

Sum 41

The Wonder Years

Modern Baseball

Beartooth

The Vaccines

Editors

Kodaline

The idea of As It Is outdoors already just look wrong, PVRIS should do NME.

Twenty One Pilots could probably sub and Wolf Alice will be above OMAM.

Twenty One Pilots have announced a second night at Brixton. We're all gonna eat our words aren't we?

They could very well sub NME next year.

Just listened to the MB interview, the booked band will certainly have 4 members in there.

He also talks Foals but also mentions Young Fathers for future headliners plus makes the point that him saying future headers doesn't mean the following year or that there is a set time on it.

Going by NME's Poll, Flo are wanted most to headline next year, Foals have only 5.5 % but then Foo's do as well, I'd guess that isn't helped out by many who'd see them at R&L have forked out £74 on a ticket for them which id dearer than a day ticket. Strange that, provided day tickets stay the same, you will get a day ticket for Foo's cheaper than MK Bowl.