Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catfish will be high main stage next year, IF they play, they shouldve been main stage this year or at least headlining NME, people were forcing into that tent, it was rammed

It was always gonna be a packed tent to for them, but that tent does not get as busy as it has done in the past when the likes of Foo Fighters, Blur and Elastica have properly rammed it.

Pick this apart and tell me how ill-informed I am please,

FRI/SAT

MAIN

The Strokes

The 1975

Catfish & The Bottlemen

Brand New

Deaf Havana

Slaves

Pvris

The Orwells

The Wytches

NME

Major Lazer

Don Broco

Temples

Walk The Moon

Bipolar Sunshine

Darlia

Merchandise

Highly Suspect

Twin Wild

DANCE - Duke Dumont

PIT - Sum 41

FR - Matt & Kim

SAT/SUN

MAIN

Foo Fighters

Enter Shikari

Frank Turner

Parkway Drive

Of Mice & Men

Fightstar

Eagles Of Death Metal

Nothing But Thieves

Moose Blood

NME

Axwell ^ Ingrosso

Clean Bandit

Chance The Rapper

Hannah Wants

Oh Wonder

Jack Garratt

Chet Faker

Fickle Friends

Ho99o9

DANCE - Crystal Castles

PIT - Killswitch Engage

FR - Dry The River

SUN/FRI

MAIN

Foals

Disclosure

Bloc Party

Chvrches

Wolf Alice

Twenty One Pilots

The Wonder Years

As It Is

We Came As Romans

NME

Rudimental (DJ set) - closing

The Vaccines

Circa Waves

Band Of Skulls

Cage The Elephant

Mallory Knox

Lonely The Brave

Pretty Vicious

Violent Soho

DANCE - Odesza

PIT - Skindred

FR - Drenge

Edited by conroy17

Pick this apart and tell me how ill-informed I am please,

Fri - I can't see 1975 getting that high yet. They drew a massive crowd at the NME in 2014 but the mainstage is a completely different level. Can see being high up though. I think I'd have PVRIS on the NME higher up too first. I saw Major Lazer at Sziget this year and he had a huge crowd, might be a bit to big for the NME but that would depend on the rest of the lineup and who he'd be contending with, NME headliner would a minimum for them I'd expect. 

Sat - Foo will be in high demand next year because of this years disappointments, time will tell where they'll head. As much as I hate to admit it, Shikari have been working their way to that sub headline slot for years. If BMTH can pull it off I can't see why Shikari wouldn't deserve the opportunity. Eagles of Death Metal a little higher for me too, maybe sub NME?

Sun - Foals will probably get near it but I don't feel like they deserve it yet - I'm a fan and think they're great, just that they won't shift tickets like other potential headliners. Please keep Rudimental as far away from Reading as possible. Vaccines to headline would be much more preferable ;) Skindred is a great shout, new album soon and tour coming up, maybe Crossfaith in there somewhere too.

What do people think the chances of Arcade Fire are? There's always been a three year gap between each album so I'm expecting number five to be out in 2016, so if that's the case they'll no doubt be planning on a few shows towards the end of the year, and that's if the album's even out as late as then.

What do people think the chances of Arcade Fire are? There's always been a three year gap between each album so I'm expecting number five to be out in 2016, so if that's the case they'll no doubt be planning on a few shows towards the end of the year, and that's if the album's even out as late as then.

I'm not expecting an album until 2017 given there's been no mention of them starting back and most of them seem to have young families now. I think they're a good shout to headline in 2017 as there's only really R+L and IOW that they can do but 2016 might be a bit too soon.

Foals album only going #3 in the album chart... I really don't think they are gonna headline if they were beaten by the weeknd and Jess Glyne's third week charting

i'm surprised they didn't get to number one, but i think they'll definitely still headline. in terms of new acts who could headline the festival next year, they'd be insane to go with anybody else

they wouldn't get booked for the main stage these days - played second on FR last time, so maybe third on the same stage now. taking a similar plummet down the lineup to Ash

They headlined the FR last time they just had a dj set closing after them. I think they're probably on about the same level as they were so could maybe headline it again? I'd say they're bigger than Ash are now

Feeder.... Not even close to having Ash's credibility (or tunes) I think you'd find them at V.

If bands that were much bigger than them such as, for instance The Wonder Stuff (ex headliners), ain't getting booked I don't think they'd have a chance.

I'd love to see it but Reading is not really looking backwards musically apart from the odd exception such as Metallica.

Speaking of bands from the 90s, who were at the peak of their popularity at the turn of the century, who have taken a bit of a slump in popularity over the past 15 years...

You know who is long overdue a performance at Reading and Leeds?

Manics-BLOG.jpg

Really they should have played this year and done The Holy Bible in full, would have been GOAT.